Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW 4 matchday thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Will finish on 30 points with Gomis to play tomorrow.

Loosing all my h2h so far, too.

Another red arrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

50 (-4) all in.

FFFix has 65, 54 and 53 as the top 3 scores this gw, so that's a very good score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

32(-4) with Ayew and Darmian to play.
    An Ayew goal tomorrow would be huge for me.

A couple of 1 1 draws tomorrow with a few random goalscorers would top it off.

As long as ruddys one of the goal scorers that will do me

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    FFFix has 65, 54 and 53 as the top 3 scores this gw, so that's a very good score

There is always a 100+ score somewhere in the world ( triple captain Howard and the likes :D)

Anything around 40 is an excellent score. No doubt about it.

One of the guys I am up against this week has Coleman, Baines and captain Gomis.
    He also has Henderson, Wanyama and all sort of players that shouldn't be there. He only got rid of Adebayor this week:confused:

He has more points than I have - go figure...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Another humdrum GW. 24 with only Depay left. And there was me thinking I'd have a high scoring one. 4th captain running no returns...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

spock. wrote: »
    32(-4) with Ayew and Darmian to play.
    An Ayew goal tomorrow would be huge for me.

NO! I have him on my bench :P Mané hattrick all assisted by Cedric would be sound :D

wonski wrote: »
    There is always a 100+ score somewhere in the world ( triple captain Howard and the likes :D)

One of the guys I am up against this week has Coleman, Baines and captain Gomis.
    He also has Henderson, Wanyama and all sort of players that shouldn't be there. He only got rid of Adebayor this week:confused:

We all just need to be patient. The cream will rise to the top eventually. The leader of my main league tripled up on Everton defence and captained Milner, and doesn't have aguero, or any player over 9m. He's 300k places above me atm

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »

Surprised with that all I had was vardy Wilson Pedro and a couple of clean sheets.

Surprised with that all I had was vardy Wilson Pedro and a couple of clean sheets.

Well a couple of clean sheets is more than enough:D

I now consider Benteke to Wilson - don't want to lose out on his points.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

24 with Gomis, Memphis, Romero & Darmian left to go. Could really do with Memphis getting a brace assisted by Darmian in a 2-0 but with how today went I'm expecting a Swansea win with nothing for Gomis :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

spock. wrote: »
    Howard 3
    Jags 2
    Vertonghen 1

After ESP. Not that anyone had any defenders in that game.

Some chap in a one shot league i'm in has 3 Everton defenders (one is Baines)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I wouldn't worry, that will change in few weeks. Surely a good week will come soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

30 with only Gomis left

jamesbere wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry, that will change in few weeks. Surely a good week will come soon.

Not worried at all, hopefully next few weeks will be better.

Can't wait for that Aguero hattrick:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Just looking around my leagues and my 33 with Ayew left doesn't seem too bad now. United to concede, with Rooney + Gomis blanks and I'll take it.

Couple of lads used the TC on Aguero too, so that's good. One lad used his bench boost on Schmeichel, Shaw, Matic + Coates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭Smartguy

31 with depay,shaw and Gomis to come . Seems like an ok score. Sagna the main contributor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

So whose bright idea was it to captain Aguero.

:D

27 points with Fabianski, Wanyama, and Schneiderlin to play, plus 8 pts to come off the bench.

Wildcard is being activated tonight.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    So whose bright idea was it to captain Aguero.

:D

27 points with Fabianski, Wanyama, and Schneiderlin to play, plus 8 pts to come off the bench.

Wildcard is being activated tonight.

35 with 3 to play - excellent score tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

35 with 3 to play - excellent score tbh.

A boring 0 all from Utd v The Swans would be a delight.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    A boring 0 all from Utd v The Swans would be a delight.

This is exactly what I don't want to see tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

32 (-4) with Darmian and Gomis to go. Given how the season is going a 1-0 win for Swansea with an unassisted goal from Britton is nailed on!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

28 (-4) with Ruddy, Pelle and Ayew to play.

It is what it is. Middle of the road with some extra interest in tomorrow. I traditionally like my points on the board before Sunday. Ayew against Blind could be interesting tomorrow if they match up.

41(-4) gives me a 200k go rank. Ruddy tomorrow. I'll take it. Some good ground gained in mini leagues, and probably rise a good bit overall. Best week so far, despite the aguero disappointment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

What a rubbish day, while checking every ten minutes or so on my phone not only did I have nothing to get excited about (bar Sterlings goal), I didn't even have anything to get pissed off about (maybe Silvas assist)

I feel sorry for FHFC if he's doing hiswait for MOTD trick

• Advertisement

What a rubbish day, while checking every ten minutes or so on my phone not only did I have nothing to get excited about (bar Sterlings goal), I didn't even have anything to get pissed off about (maybe Silvas assist)

I feel sorry for FHFC if he's doing hiswait for MOTD trick

I was ****ting myself watching the City match with my double City defence despite Watford offering no threat whatsoever :P I can't help but think what could've been had Francis kept his CS :(

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I was ****ting myself watching the City match with my double City defence despite Watford offering no threat whatsoever :P I can't help but think what could've been had Francis kept his CS :(

I'm holding off on my wildcard because I'm so disillusioned that I can't be bothered chasing the price rises right now and it might be very useful before Christmas if I can hold out till then.
    I'll suck up a loss on PVA and maybe one or two more, don't see many double risers this week and my squad is far from terrible.

You wildcarding??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

40 (-4) with Sakho's 6 to come in for Ozil. Just Targett left to play tomorrow.

Decent enough for the day that was in it I'd suggest. My 4 point hit (Pedro & Kolarov for Hazard & Coates) has been paid back nicely so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

stephenl15 wrote:
    I can't help but think what could've been had Francis kept his CS :(

Losing a clean sheet late on in a game is the worst feeling in FPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Back down to about 800k in the ranking.

crying.gif

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »

I was really looking forward to his 4 (or more) additional points, too.

Next week maybe...

Back down to about 800k in the ranking.

crying.gif

360499.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

876k for me, but I've 5 players playing tomorrow after 21 today. Romero, Shaw, Depay, Ayew, Targett. A United clean sheet would send me in the right direction.

CSF wrote: »
    876k for me, but I've 5 players playing tomorrow after 21 today. Romero, Shaw, Depay, Ayew, Targett. A United clean sheet would send me in the right direction.

5 is like having a double gameweek:D

I put Shaw on bench and have Gomis playing - you should achieve your goal.

I'm holding off on my wildcard because I'm so disillusioned that I can't be bothered chasing the price rises right now and it might be very useful before Christmas if I can hold out till then.
    I'll suck up a loss on PVA and maybe one or two more, don't see many double risers this week and my squad is far from terrible.

You wildcarding??

You're doing better than me at least :D

I was all set on pulling the trigger once the deadline passed but I waited until the games played out. Think I'm gonna hold off even though I'll probably lose value. Hazard to Pedro feels sideways, Kane has a good fixture. Dunno what I'll do with Mane. Possible Sakho to Wilson. I don't think my team really needs a wildcard for the moment and all my players have nice fixtures.

Downside I won't be able to get on the likes of Sinclair, Pedro or any City mid. But I think I'll hold fire. My team for next gw is solid on paper so I dunno if I can wildcard them even though I could get badly burned by the players I don't own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Another good week. 47 (-8) with Shaw to go. I'm pottering along nicely. Myhill, Kolarov, Sterling and Pedro the main point scorers today.

-8 didn't quite cover itself but leaves me with a better team.

Gomez 1 vs Ivan 1
    Pedro 7 vs Cabaye 2
    Wilson 7 vs Sakho 6
    15 vs 9.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Another good week. 47 (-8) with Shaw to go. I'm pottering along nicely. Myhill, Kolarov, Sterling and Pedro the main point scorers today.

Gomez 1 vs Ivan 1
    Pedro 7 vs Cabaye 2
    Wilson 7 vs Sakho 6
    15 vs 9.

My hit paid of thankfully 18 vs 3 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

28 (-4) with Ruddy, Pelle and Ayew to play.

It is what it is. Middle of the road with some extra interest in tomorrow. I traditionally like my points on the board before Sunday. Ayew against Blind could be interesting tomorrow if they match up.

In saying all that I'm at 1.7m and going backwards rather than forwards :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

how did Pedro play today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

26 with 4 to go.

Ward on the bench is annoying but not a terrible decision away to Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

45 with Targett to play. Wilcarded. Had sagna in until the clichy news broke. Long term Kolarov will prob work out better but stung today. Hoping for united to win 2-1 with nathan dyer and james wilson the scorers #thathelpsnoone

Lemlin wrote: »

Gomez 1 vs Ivan 1
    Pedro 7 vs Cabaye 2
    Wilson 7 vs Sakho 6
    15 vs 9.

If you fell in **** you'd come up smelling of roses at the moment, when I saw on another thread a while ago that you had that 8 point hit I checked out your team imagining a 29(-8) or something.
    This could be your year:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

If you fell in **** you'd come up smelling of roses at the moment, when I saw on another thread a while ago that you had that 8 point hit I checked out your team imagining a 29(-8) or something.
    This could be your year:)

I've made my mistakes too. Going with Ivan over Azpi for example. That one stings because I had Azpi in my draft right up until the Friday before GW1.

Last year also thought me not to be afraid of hits. At the start of the season I sat back for weeks and didn't transfer in a Saints defender because another transfer was always the priority. Hindsight showed I would have been a lot better off if I had just bitten the bullet and pulled the trigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Up to 698k. Sadly my season peak so far.

how did Pedro play today?

Does it really matter? 7 points:D

He played well given the circumstances - feels good to have him instead of Hazard now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

unbelievable miss from Richards denied Sinclair an assist to go with his 2 goals
    he took and scored a pen last 2 games
    4.9ml I think he will be my fifth midfielder allowing me a little more flexibility with the Wilson as cheap striker as well

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

990k OR, waheyyy
    I seem to be average for the hardcores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

A lot of people doubled up on Arsenal defence in my leagues.

Mad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

SlickRic wrote: »
    A lot of people doubled up on Arsenal defence in my leagues.

Mad.

Same, some even had double Everton defence in mine :eek: It's so frustrating. It'll turn eventually, but the longer it goes on.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Paully D wrote: »
    Same, some even had double Everton defence in mine :eek: It's so frustrating. It'll turn eventually, but the longer it goes on.....

Double Everton is a lot madder than Arsenal to be fair. Nobody is quite that crazy in my leagues, though there are a few Colemans, which always bothers me.

Advertisement