Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what to do when you're selling your xbox 360

Options
  • 29-08-2015 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

I'm thinking of selling my 360. I don't want the person who buys it to have access to any of my accounts etc. So do I just delete the accounts, and go into each individual game and delete any saved gameplay?
    Thanks lads

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Doing the below will wipe your Xbox completely you will lose ALL data so be sure you want to do this and then work away

http://m.wikihow.com/Reset-an-Xbox-360

• Registered Users Posts: 34 shane lad

Thanks, but I have some games on the hard drive which I don't want to lose. Everything else can go, except these games. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

shane lad wrote: »
    Thanks, but I have some games on the hard drive which I don't want to lose. Everything else can go, except these games. Any ideas?

Digital games are worthless in terms of resale value. The buyer will most likely want to use their own profile. They are tied to your account so you can redownload them in the future if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 shane lad

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Digital games are worthless in terms of resale value. The buyer will most likely want to use their own profile. They are tied to your account so you can redownload them in the future if needed.

So do you suggest resetting the whole thing and then sell the xbox with the games on the discs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

shane lad wrote: »
    So do you suggest resetting the whole thing and then sell the xbox with the games on the discs?

If you feel safer that way, yea.

• Advertisement
Advertisement