Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Newcastle v Arsenal

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Should be yellow for Monreal if fair is fair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭JustTheOne

cson wrote: »
    Should be yellow for Monreal if fair is fair.

Yellow for Newcastle was 2 fouls. Monreal has one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭omega man

Way too many attacking arsenal players underperforming this season.

69th minute. Classic Wenger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Owen Goal scores again for Arsenal.
    He's having some season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Walcott's best position is on the bench.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 826 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Actually that was really poor. Probably the best position for attack and screwed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

The lesser spotted arsenal long shot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Giroud and Walcott as CF options would hardly inspire you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

bur wrote: »
    Just, no.

Well just yeah if the Arsenal player's leg is a few inches further forward. It's not a football winning tackle anyway.

It doesn't matter anyway. The Arsenal player is fine, the Newcastle player deservedly saw red so it's all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I hate these kind of scorelines going into the last ten , A second goal is so badly needed with newcastle showing signs of life now

Although it hasnt been the biggest test have really liked kosc and gabriel. Very quick snappy defending. Gabriel is terrific in the air.

Poor match.

Ajfunky wrote: »
    Although it hasnt been the biggest test have really liked kosc and gabriel. Very quick snappy defending. Gabriel is terrific in the air.

I reckon he's done enough that he might push Per put for a while, similar to what Bellerin did to Debuchy. Only reason Per would come back is for leadership reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Small sample size but cant see why Mert would come back in. The back 4 is full of pace with Gabriel back there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Gabriel has earned his place now, impressed with him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

How is that a yellow card? He won the ball perfectly.

Mellow yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

6 yellows and a red for Newcastle. :eek:

• Advertisement

Ramsey BT motm really?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

Ramsey motm?

Crap match

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Robbie savage must have some taste of arsenal in hes mouth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ramsey ........Man of the ma....I can't even !! What bloody game were BT watchin ???

Also that chance there for Giroud is the epitomy of why we need a new forward just smash it in the corner

Krul was the best player on the field I thought

• Advertisement

Last bit of action there kind of shows why we need a striker who can finish.

Yep, perfect match for me. Arsenal get the 3 points, but only a blind man would fail to see that we still need a clinical striker. Do it Arsene!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Small sample size but cant see why Mert would come back in. The back 4 is full of pace with Gabriel back there.

The thing is, Mertesacker has been great over the last 6 months too. No real reason to drop him. Gabriel is terrific in the games I've seen, but no real test yet bar maybe Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Absolutely disgusting officiating. We defended well enough yet again and were caught out with an unfortunate deflection.

Hard to stay in the game when you're put on the back foot due to incompetent reffing from one of the leagues worst.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭the untitled user

Yup. We really should have been clear by about 2 or 3 goals in that match, got the ball in some brilliant positions at times only for the players to completely mis time their runs (particularly Ox and Giroud). Thought this match should have been one to suit Walcott but he was no where to be seen for the most part.
    Basil3 wrote: »
    Do it Arsene!

Who is there though?

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    Absolutely disgusting officiating. We defended well enough yet again and were caught out with an unfortunate deflection.

Hard to stay in the game when you're put on the back foot due to incompetent reffing from one of the leagues worst.

What about the clear penalty ye got away with?

wonga77 wrote: »
    What about the clear penalty ye got away with?

Again. Incompetent refereeing from all involved. Should have been a penalty. Never said otherwise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

How the **** does Marriner get games still? In a league of bad officials he stands out as the worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭pmasterson95

I suppose you think Mitrovic is harmless?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Happy for the three points. Still waiting for us to play well.

Who is there though?

Personally, I have no clue. There's plenty of people in the arsenal thread that have all the answers though....

I suppose you think Mitrovic is harmless?

His first two sub appearances, he looked very over enthusiastic and was reckless and deserving of his first couple of yellows.

Today. Himself and Coquelin are competing for a ball in the air. He's looking to go for it and trap the ball under his foot. Coq gets there first, takes the ball away and accidentally finds his studs on his leg.

If you think he's out to intentionally harm him, I think you're wrong. I'm not saying he's an angel in any case. I just think this reputation that's been bandied about in the media is making him an easy target.

Might have warranted a yellow but certainly not a red.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Give over. The red was deserved, and he got nearly all the cards spot on.
    The only obvious mistake he made was in Newcastles favour.

Newcastles discipline cost them, not the ref.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Basil3 wrote: »
    Personally, I have no clue. There's plenty of people in the arsenal thread that have all the answers though....

None of them have answers, they can complain loudly though.

Give over. The red was deserved, and he got nearly all the cards spot on.
    The only obvious mistake he made was in Newcastles favour.

Newcastles discipline cost them, not the ref.

Really? The red was deserved? Was it malicious? No. Was he intentionally looking to stamp on him? No.

Give me a break.

He was inconsistent as hell. Yellow cards galore for us but when Arsenal make a similar foul, nothing is given?

We didn't help ourselves in some cases but there was some awful officiating throughout and I include the penalty decision in that.

• Advertisement

You're clueless.

omega man wrote: »
    You're clueless.

Good comeback. Very insightful.

Really? The red was deserved? Was it malicious? No. Was he intentionally looking to stamp on him? No.

Give me a break.

He was inconsistent as hell. Yellow cards galore for us but when Arsenal make a similar foul, nothing is given?

We didn't help ourselves in some cases but there was some awful officiating throughout and I include the penalty decision in that.

Howard Webb on BT just went through the decision and fully backed ref with the red card. Considering he missed the peno its arsenal who should be more aggrieved.

omega man wrote: »
    Howard Webb on BT just went through the decision and fully backed ref with the red card. Considering he missed the peno its arsenal who should be more aggrieved.

If Howard Webb said it, it must be true. Granted, he's in a better position than I in terms of having actually refereed many games but from my point of view, it was a yellow at least.

We'll see plenty more incidents like this I'm sure with players receiving yellows.

The ref missed the pen but the lino should have flagged.
    There was bad officiating on both sides of the coin. I'm not disputing that at all. I just think he got the red card decision badly wrong.

If Howard Webb said it, it must be true. Granted, he's in a better position than I in terms of having actually refereed many games but from my point of view, it was a yellow at least.

We'll see plenty more incidents like this I'm sure with players receiving yellows.

The ref missed the pen but the lino should have flagged.
    There was bad officiating on both sides of the coin. I'm not disputing that at all. I just think he got the red card decision badly wrong.

Fair enough. I think it was a red but I'll admit I've seen yellow for far worse tackles.

Doesn't matter whether it was intentional or not, he went clean over the top of the ball and came down studs first into Coquelin's shin. Thankfully in this case there wasn't much momentum behind it but that's the type of tackle that can do some serious damage. I don't think people can complain when they get a red card for going into a challenge foot raised studs first.

I'm fairly convinced he tried to do Coquelin by leaving the foot in. If you watch the replay and see where he's looking - its at Coquelin well after the ball is gone.

There's only one tackle on our side, Monreal, that the ref should have carded but didn't. The home card were all well deserved.

I'm fairly convinced he tried to do Coquelin by leaving the foot in. If you watch the replay and see where he's looking - its at Coquelin well after the ball is gone.

Having watched the better angles of the replays thrown up on Arseblog, I believe your right, it does look intentional, especially if you look at where he's looking, it's never at the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,745 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

No sympathy for Newcastle when they clearly came out to kick Arsenal off the pitch.

• Advertisement
Advertisement