Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokian Tyre Suppliers in Sligo or near by?

Options
  • 29-08-2015 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi All,

I've read about Nokian Weatherproof tyres. They are all-weather tyres, reasonable price, have a B rating for grip in wet slippy stuff, and C fuel rating, quiet road noise. Am interested in purchasing a pair (or set) these tyres for my car, but cannot find Nokian suppliers. Anyone know any suppliers of these? Alternatively, would there be garages/tyre fitters willing to accept delivery of these tyres, and fit them at reasonable rates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Mhmmmm wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've read about Nokian Weatherproof tyres. They are all-weather tyres, reasonable price, have a B rating for grip in wet slippy stuff, and C fuel rating, quiet road noise. Am interested in purchasing a pair (or set) these tyres for my car, but cannot find Nokian suppliers. Anyone know any suppliers of these? Alternatively, would there be garages/tyre fitters willing to accept delivery of these tyres, and fit them at reasonable rates.

Budget/Chinese brand? Personally I would avoid, see the motors forum, but few places to try. Pearse Autos across from the NCT centre on the Old Dublin Road. Place across from the barricks in town. Another near Finner Camp between Bundoran and Ballyshannon, and finally a place in Rathcormac.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭spuddy

Mhmmmm wrote: »
    Hi All,

Agrigear in Cavan stock them. I'd recommend them, they're very knowledgeable lads & have all the gear to fit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Mhmmmm

Thank you Spuddy, and Thank you Mint Sauce, for your replies. Thanks for the suggestions folks, I'll try 'em. The tyres are produced in their factories in Nokia, Finland and in Vsevolozhsk, Russia. These look like top quality tyres that outshine other all-weather tyres, going buy their product description. Very appealing to me, for this climate's roads.

Any further suggestions on Nokian spots, or garages willing to accept delivery of tyres, and fit them for me at a reasonable rate, would still be welcome too. Thanks for taking the time to read, and respond.

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I get my tyre fix from Pearse rd tyres who are not on Pearse rd but in Cleaveragh. Pretty sure they could order them in for you. I've ordered in a few sets in when they didn't have the ones I wanted in stock.

Just my opinion on all weather tyres; I don't think we really get cold enough winters for what they're designed for and even if we did you'd be better having a set of winter tyres along with a set of good summer tyres. I'd suggest getting a set of summer tyres with as high of a rain rating as you can get instead of all weathers.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭sligono1

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Budget/Chinese brand? Personally I would avoid, see the motors forum, but few places to try. Pearse Autos across from the NCT centre on the Old Dublin Road. Place across from the barricks in town. Another near Finner Camp between Bundoran and Ballyshannon, and finally a place in Rathcormac.

There actually a Finnish company and I wouLdnt call them a Budget company.sligo is a disaster for buying tyres the the attitude is there black and round there grand.
    The lads in Donegal tyre centre in Donegal town are worth even a phone call they know their tyres and will not bull s you sell you a tyre.

• Advertisement
Advertisement