Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Toy Show?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Thank u x your always so sweet and kind. You know I got distracted looking around on boards the other day, and it was like a dark deep rabbit hole :o so glad it's nice and cheery here all the time. It's like my happy place on boards :) I'd be amazed if they didn't sell out in town too !

Awh thanks Glitzgirl x honestly no problem at all, I was Christmas shopping with a pal yesterday I was telling her about boards saying how everyone is a great bunch and we all give each other tips and the heads up on all things Christmas, she's a Christmas nut to she was like OMG how do I not know about this, I had her everywhere she was a happy bunny we left with 3 sets of Christmas duvets, Christmas plaques, Christmas earrings, most was for her has she has little ones but I got some fab Christmas stud earrings that I plan on bringing to my NYC trip (presents, snowmen, bows, Christmas trees all stud earrings) Penneys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

SarahLil wrote: »
    Awh thanks Glitzgirl x honestly no problem at all, I was Christmas shopping with a pal yesterday I was telling her about boards saying how everyone is a great bunch and we all give each other tips and the heads up on all things Christmas, she's a Christmas nut to she was like OMG how do I not know about this, I had her everywhere she was a happy bunny we left with 3 sets of Christmas duvets, Christmas plaques, Christmas earrings, most was for her has she has little ones but I got some fab Christmas stud earrings that I plan on bringing to my NYC trip (presents, snowmen, bows, Christmas trees all stud earrings) Penneys

Ooh must add earrings to my list too. While we were waiting for santa I saw a little girl go past and she was just adorable! Little Red tutu dress and glitter tights (and clearly at this stage you can hear the envy in my words bc I have boys and it's all dirt and dinosaurs here :o ) , but she had a hair clip with a tiny santa hat on top of it, the kind you'd see in pennys. I may have let out a high pitched squeel as she walked past. It's so wrong I was jealous of a little girls christmas hair accessory :D
    ooh tell her to join us. We're a nice bunch really ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Ooh must add earrings to my list too. While we were waiting for santa I saw a little girl go past and she was just adorable! Little Red tutu dress and glitter tights (and clearly at this stage you can hear the envy in my words bc I have boys and it's all dirt and dinosaurs here :o ) , but she had a hair clip with a tiny santa hat on top of it, the kind you'd see in pennys. I may have let out a high pitched squeel as she walked past. It's so wrong I was jealous of a little girls christmas hair accessory :D
    ooh tell her to join us. We're a nice bunch really ;)

I was looking through the M&S Christmas brochure and I saw some gorgeous gold glitter shoes in the kids' section. Girls' clothes are so so cute. I often wish they made them in my size. The gold glitter shoes are actually available in my size so I might consider them! My sister is having a baby and I'm (not so) secretly hoping it's a girl so I can buy her cute clothes. Her boy isn't that interested in pink tutus. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I was looking through the M&S Christmas brochure and I saw some gorgeous gold glitter shoes in the kids' section. Girls' clothes are so so cute. I often wish they made them in my size. The gold glitter shoes are actually available in my size so I might consider them! My sister is having a baby and I'm (not so) secretly hoping it's a girl so I can buy her cute clothes. Her boy isn't that interested in pink tutus. :D

Myself and my aunt were in Dunnes the other day they had a fab red coat for a little girl with black fur on the collar, it was so Christmassy, they also had red patent doc martins I could see them on a little one with cream tights they were divine they have fab stuff for little girls

Haha! Laughed too hard reading this toto, onlybecause I do walk around pennys and see the girls clothes and sparkly shoes and be like dam it why don't they make you in my size. :D:D
    Some people were just born with glitter running through their veins ;)
    My best friend recently had her second child and for both pregnancies she told me she's sorry and not to hate her if it was a girl lol. Was two boys though so she relaxed after finding that out. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭touts

Ah here ladies. You do know the only way you're pulling this thread back to being remotely relevant to the Toy Show is if you post photos here on the night of you watching the show while wearing all these jumpers and glittery stuff :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Alicat wrote: »
    I bought a jumper this evening for myself. Got a 14-16 but it's really roomy! Feels bigger than normal Penneys sizing.

Yeah I got the "L" size.

I reckon they're made to be baggy. I was almost tempted to get the XL and be lost inside it. :)

The quality of the jumper is what you'd expect from Penney's, but the sticking on the front is very very nice.

We've got the work kiddies' Christmas party the morning after the toy show so we're going to get great use out of the jumpers that weekend. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

My pjs arrived today, roll on next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dozy11

when are people notified??????? i would love to go

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Dozy11 wrote: »
    when are people notified??????? i would love to go

Last year all tickets were allocated the Wednesday before the show itself, so I imagine it'd be by this Wednesday.

They'd better give me tickets. If they don't this will be the 3rd year in a row that I wont be able to witness my husband's horrified face when I tell him he gets to spend his Friday night with Ryan Tubridy and a bunch of over excited kids. :pac:

They'd better give me tickets. If they don't this will be the 3rd year in a row that I wont be able to witness my husband's horrified face when I tell him he gets to spend his Friday night with Ryan Tubridy and a bunch of over excited kids. :pac:

Haha ! Loved reading this! :D my phone won't be leaving my side til Friday night anyway and id probably be still living in hope that they would call me last min on Friday night ! :p

Haha ! Loved reading this! :D my phone won't be leaving my side til Friday night anyway and id probably be still living in hope that they would call me last min on Friday night ! :p

If you're on Twitter RTE One has a competition to win tickets so you could up your chances of getting them.

https://twitter.com/RTEOne/status/667411337983586304

or facebook too

do they ring you or email???

or facebook too

do they ring you or email???

They normally ring.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

They normally ring.

Really I would have thought e-mail. Otherwise that's a 100 phonecalls they have to make.

I'd say 100 phone calls is nothing to them and they probably want to get a definite yes or no from people as soon as possible so ringing is the best option.

I'd say 100 phone calls is nothing to them and they probably want to get a definite yes or no from people as soon as possible so ringing is the best option.

I got offered tickets last year and couldn't go and I got a phone call at about 9pm from a dublin number on a weekday night.

I got offered tickets last year and couldn't go and I got a phone call at about 9pm from a dublin number on a weekday night.

what day did they ring you?????

• Advertisement

what day did they ring you?????

Hi sorry couldn't get on boards for about 2 hours there ! They rang me in a Tuesday to go up Thursday I think ! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

I know its and institution and all but my little girl hates the toy show we have to bribe her to watch it to the end. Have to say I don't like tubrity presenting it at all no charisma no interest and rushes the kids through everything. Think we might skip TLLTS this year and watch a Christmas DVD instead.

screamer wrote: »
    I know its and institution and all but my little girl hates the toy show we have to bribe her to watch it to the end. Have to say I don't like tubrity presenting it at all no charisma no interest and rushes the kids through everything. Think we might skip TLLTS this year and watch a Christmas DVD instead.

How old is your little girl if you don't mind me asking? I know my eldest lad was almost 6 before he really got the hype or ability to stay awake :p to watch and enjoy it!

Yeah my nephew is 5 and he has had no interest in it up until now. No idea if he'll watch it next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

She's 6 but a very grown up 6 and is quite the TV critic, she just doesn't enjoy it at all...... and when I sit there and look at it objectively, I realise that I only watch it for the sake of watching it, I don't enjoy it either, let's face it, it's nowhere near as good as when we were kids, and Gay literally brought joy to the Toy Show.

TBH, I lost all faith in it last year when Tubrity had the frozen Elsa doll and asked the child did they know what happened last year and the child said yes all the mothers fighting over them in the toy shops. Talk about just running Christmas and Santa, I thought really inappropriate given the amount of kids that would be watching.

The Toy Show Unwrapped is on tonight on RTE1 at 7. It's a look at the history of the show, starting with the Gay Byrne years. I can't stand Gaybo so I might have to give it a miss!

I'm going to the toy show !!!! We just got the call waiting on confirmation email to get my tickets now !!!! Ahhhh ! :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I'm going to the toy show !!!! We just got the call waiting on confirmation email to get my tickets now !!!! Ahhhh ! :):):)

I'm SICK with jealousy! Congratulations!! :D You'll have to tell us what you'll be wearing so we can spot you in the crowd and go, "Glitzgirl! I know her! I KNOW HER!" :p

Alicat wrote: »
    I'm SICK with jealousy! Congratulations!! :D You'll have to tell us what you'll be wearing so we can spot you in the crowd and go, "Glitzgirl! I know her! I KNOW HER!" :p

Omg that will be easy ill be the one hyperventilating... ambulances will need to be called ! :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

screamer wrote: »
    She's 6 but a very grown up 6 and is quite the TV critic, she just doesn't enjoy it at all...... and when I sit there and look at it objectively, I realise that I only watch it for the sake of watching it, I don't enjoy it either, let's face it, it's nowhere near as good as when we were kids, and Gay literally brought joy to the Toy Show.

TBH, I lost all faith in it last year when Tubrity had the frozen Elsa doll and asked the child did they know what happened last year and the child said yes all the mothers fighting over them in the toy shops. Talk about just running Christmas and Santa, I thought really inappropriate given the amount of kids that would be watching.

The parents were killing each other last year for that Elsa doll so why was Tubridy saying it happened 2 years ago?

Advertisement