Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Late Late Toy Show?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭shellycub

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Omg that will be easy ill be the one hyperventilating... ambulances will need to be called ! :)

Congrats!! So jealous, can I ask was the number private? Hate private calls and never answer but if I thought might be toy show tickets on the other end.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

shellycub wrote: »
    Congrats!! So jealous, can I ask was the number private? Hate private calls and never answer but if I thought might be toy show tickets on the other end.....

No a dublin number ! I never answer private calls either !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm going to the toy show !!!! We just got the call waiting on confirmation email to get my tickets now !!!! Ahhhh ! :):):)

Fantastic news. I'm so glad someone from this forum gets to go!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,142 ✭✭✭screamer

The parents were killing each other last year for that Elsa doll so why was Tubridy saying it happened 2 years ago?

It was last year. I've no idea what he was saying about it but I remember watching it last year thinking God help any parent with inquisitive kids and that idiot talking about mothers fighting each other in toy shops for the must have Christmas toy. Sure Santa brings the toys not mother's in toy shops right.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm going to the toy show !!!! We just got the call waiting on confirmation email to get my tickets now !!!! Ahhhh ! :):):)

Well done!! I'm delighted an elf got tickets! Have a great time I expect a detailed report :)

• Advertisement

Fantastic news. I'm so glad someone from this forum gets to go!

Thanks toto !I'm genuinely worried I won't make it til Friday I could die of excitement before then !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Omg that will be easy ill be the one hyperventilating... ambulances will need to be called ! :)

Brilliant Congrats, delighted for you

Loughc wrote: »
    Well done!! I'm delighted an elf got tickets! Have a great time I expect a detailed report :)

I'm soo excited !! Omg every detail going ! You'll be sick of listening to me after a while :)

SarahLil wrote: »
    Brilliant Congrats, delighted for you

Thanks SarahLil ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Am so jealous Glitzgirl! Have a ball!

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    Am so jealous Glitzgirl! Have a ball!

Thank you ! All my plans are cancelled for this week I'm off to go shopping ! Ah! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm soo excited !! Omg every detail going ! You'll be sick of listening to me after a while :)

Not at all. I'm just delighted one of us got tickets. The next best thing.

Not at all. I'm just delighted one of us got tickets. The next best thing.

I'm hoping someone else gets some good news about tickets and it be like a mini boards party ! :D

I'm hoping someone else gets some good news about tickets and it be like a mini boards party ! :D

I wonder is that it for tickets or will they be ringing people tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dozy11

great news xx

Dozy11 wrote: »
    great news xx

Thanks ! :)

I wonder is that it for tickets or will they be ringing people tomorrow?

I don't know ? I presume they will be ringing more people. The email gives a strict arrival time for a wine reception prior to filming and states that anyone who doesn't arrive in that half hour time frame, their tickets will be allotted to back ups who are waiting ! :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I got offered tickets last year and couldn't go and I got a phone call at about 9pm from a dublin number on a weekday night.

Offered tickets 2 years in a row????

Must have a parent on rte's payroll :P

I know ! Obv didn't go last year so my partner applied for tickets this year for me as a surprise didn't think we'd have a hops of getting them ! :)

• Advertisement

Must have a parent on rte's payroll :P

I'm surprised at that Loughc ! And to clear up no I dont! We have had a pretty rough year and I'm sure that what's my partner put in the application box and said how much going to the toy show would make up for a horrible year. And he was right. It hasn't changed the year we've had but it's certainly lifted my mood considerably !

I was only joking. Clearly no offence was meant!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Ah I am glad someone who is genuinely thrilled got them. My mum is the disappointed one in our house, her first time applying and was really hoping to get them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,847 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Tbf Gliztgirl you have to admit that the likelihood of getting offered tickets 2 years in a row is pretty low. I don't think loughc meant anything bad so just enjoy the show.

I was only joking. Clearly no offence was meant!

Sorry Loughc it's just about the 6th time I've heard that comment already. It's just really starting to irk me :p

polydactyl wrote: »
    Ah I am glad someone who is genuinely thrilled got them. My mum is the disappointed one in our house, her first time applying and was really hoping to get them :)

Thanks ! I am super excited ! Tbh I thought mr glitzgirl was joking when he gave me the phone ! Aw tell her to keep trying ! :)

Cork Lass wrote: »
    Tbf Gliztgirl you have to admit that the likelihood of getting offered tickets 2 years in a row is pretty low. I don't think loughc meant anything bad so just enjoy the show.

Absaloutly ! That's why im buying a lotto ticket tomorrow before my luck runs out lol :) honestly I'm amazed I got offered once never mind twice. Really waany holding out hope for this year so nearly died of shock when they rang Mr glitzgirl !

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

It either proves that it is total random selection and you need to buy that lotto ticket or its not at all and they felt sorry for you after missing out last year and your crap year this year :)

polydactyl wrote: »
    It either proves that it is total random selection and you need to buy that lotto ticket or its not at all and they felt sorry for you after missing out last year and your crap year this year :)

I really think it's the second one ! Seriously if I had a duck it would drown my luck is that bad so for me to get offered Twice is crazy. Although I did actually cry on the phone when I realised last year I couldn't go :

• Advertisement

Either way it's fantastic news. Take pics if you can and let us know what it was like. I'm so exited for you :D

Advertisement