Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound hosting websites

Options
  • 29-08-2015 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a free website to host mp3s (or FLACs, WAVs or whatever) of my guitar playing. By free I mean I want to upload unlimited mp3s, not the likes of Soundcloud where you only get something like two hours then they want €100 a year.

I've heard of Bandcamp but that seems to be aimed at bands that are looking to sell their music or want a record deal. Despite my user name I'm not actually a professional musician. I don't want to 'market' myself. I just want to upload my music to a site for fun and have no interest in selling it, promoting myself or claiming to be a professional musician. I'm just looking for a site something like YouTube, but for sound.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,334 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

You could always start your own blog?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can still use youtube - just add a static image to the sound instead of video.

Advertisement