Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster schools league/cup 2015/2016 senior&junior

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Last 10 mins and still 7-10 Belvo. A lot of mistakes being made by Blackrock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

10-10

Rock let back into it

5 mins to
    Go

Rock penalty, 10-10 with just over 5 mins to go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Ref blows up 30 seconds early. Belvo will be kicking themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

'Rock escaped there.

Does anyone know the status of their injured Leinster reps?

• Advertisement

Final result 10-10. Roscrea, Clongowes and Michaels will be happy enough with that I'd say.

Pretty unimpressed with both teams. Lack of discipline with Blackrock and Belvo weren't able to do anything with the ball for all their possession.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭11393551

Are roscrea expected to thump zaga tomorrow? what margin are people thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rughug

11393551 wrote: »
    Zaga beat Roscrea in the league .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Hagz wrote: »
    'Rock escaped there.

Does anyone know the status of their injured Leinster reps?

They have 4 first teamers out. I've heard they expected to have 2 of them back by the next round if they made it so that may mean they're back for the replay. The other two are long term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭MICKEYG

Final result 10-10. Roscrea, Clongowes and Michaels will be happy enough with that I'd say.

Pretty unimpressed with both teams. Lack of discipline with Blackrock and Belvo weren't able to do anything with the ball for all their possession.

Roscrea not through yet.

• Advertisement

11393551 wrote: »

Don't know if they'll thump them but I'd have Roscrea favourites. Wasn't impressed with Zaga against Wesley.

MICKEYG wrote: »
    Roscrea not through yet.

Yeah apologies, thought they had played already. Could well be Zaga through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Bridge93 wrote: »
    They have 4 first teamers out. I've heard they expected to have 2 of them back by the next round if they made it so that may mean they're back for the replay. The other two are long term
    Might have lost another today though. Full back McGowan looked in a bad way going off injured. Belvo will be kicking themselves that they let this slip. Should really have closed it out. Rock can shade it in the replay IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

funtime93 wrote: »
    Might have lost another today though. Full back McGowan looked in a bad way going off injured. Belvo will be kicking themselves that they let this slip. Should really have closed it out. Rock can shade it in the replay IMO.

Belvo had a very good chance a few minutes from full time. It was a 3 v 2 and if the 12 had passed it, they definitely would have been in. If some of Rock's players come back, they could get the job done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 643 ✭✭✭duskyjoe

I beg to differ. I think Rock are in for another brushing physical encounter for the replay. Belvo had much greater territory. Rock seemed much more one dimensional than belvo. Both teams have excellent centres. This was a bruising encounter and lived up to the excitement of schools matches. Other teams must be quietly pleased that these two teams have to slug it out again. I felt really sorry for Rock no15 McGowan. The poor lad looked in terrible distress. I hope it was only cramping. Well done both teams , you gave it your all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭janes1234

When is replay

Probably Tuesday 22nd Feb but no confirmation yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

Belvedere in from 6/1 to 5/2 after that. I'd fancy them to shade the replay

Islander13 wrote: »
    Belvedere in from 6/1 to 5/2 after that. I'd fancy them to shade the replay

Michaels at 6/1 now. Still pretty good odds, think they could beat Belvo if they came up against them. Gonzaga 100/1 compared to Roscrea at 7/1 so maybe a thumping is expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 keanecm

Who are the guys expected to come back in for rock in the replay?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 mistdub

Wondering can someone tell me what happens if Belvo and rock are level after 70 again in the replay. Does it go to extra time (if so what length) or first try scored etc?

Roscrea -15 looks tempting?

It's into 14 already.

Roscrea to win by 7-10 but won't cover the spread.

Zaga plus 14 for me

Zaga captain and best player is back after missing first round game. Roscrea pack will have to much for them though. I'd say they could well beat the spread.

How are Terenure's chances rated in the Junior Cup?

Whats roscrea backline supposed to be like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,257 ✭✭✭Hagz

Well that was interesting. :pac:

Haven't seen any of this but getting texts about it, full time 27-17 Roscrea?

Anyone who saw this know how the teams played?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

Haven't seen any of this but getting texts about it, full time 27-17 Roscrea?

Anyone who saw this know how the teams played?

Error-strewn performance by Roscrea, tackling was poor and are very vulnerable to quick ball. But the size of the pack, would cause any team headaches. Brave effort by Gonzaga, held up CCR on the line around 5 times....

Roscrea v Clongowes
    Replay Winners v Michaels

are the semis

• Advertisement

Clongowes and roscrea will be delighted with that draw. Whoever wins the replay will have a tough job getting up again for michaels. Winner will definitely be from that side of the draw.

Clongowes and roscrea will be delighted with that draw. Whoever wins the replay will have a tough job getting up again for michaels. Winner will definitely be from that side of the draw.

What's the turnaround between the replay and semis anyone know?

What's the turnaround between the replay and semis anyone know?
    Well the replay is Monday the 22nd so I'd imagine they'd only have a week maybe a little bit more since they'd have to have a 2 week break to the final.

From what side of the draw

Well the replay is Monday the 22nd so I'd imagine they'd only have a week maybe a little bit more since they'd have to have a 2 week break to the final.

Semi's are on March 1 and 3 . So presume Michaels semi is March 3.

rughug wrote: »
    From what side of the draw

Belvo rock michaels. Rock still the team to beat IMO.

• Advertisement

Belvo rock michaels. Rock still the team to beat IMO.

Yeah. Agree 100%. Rock were very fortunate yesterday but the extra game will be of massive benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭OceanSixteen

Roscrea vs Belvo Final?

Roscrea vs Belvo Final?

obviously it depends on the team each year but I can't remember the last time that Roscrea have managed to beat Clongowes. Roscrea have a terrible record against them at SCT level.

glasso wrote: »
    obviously it depends on the team each year but I can't remember the last time that Roscrea have managed to beat Clongowes. Roscrea have a terrible record against them at SCT level.
    Clongowes are poor this year. Have been very lucky in all the draws.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

Bit of a side story to this fixture is the presence of Brett Igoe on the CWC sideline. The last time he was a head coach of a SCT side, was for Roscrea back in '09...

In that calamitous year, with a team of Connacht representatives, he managed to not qualify for the league knockouts and was dumped out of the Q1/Vinnie Murray cup game by High School. A year prior, a different coaching setup, pushed eventual winners Belvo close in the QF, so naturally Brett was shown the door after the worst cup year in memory....then two years later when Roscrea reached the final in '11, Mr Igoe, was sitting pretty as an assistant for the winning Clongowes side.

A Roscrea win would be nice, if not, a skewed clearance kick planting him on the sideline, would be suffice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭OceanSixteen

Dermot Blake has been appointed referee of the Belvedere vs Blackrock replay, same referee as the first game.

Clongowes are poor this year. Have been very lucky in all the draws.

in the betting Clongowes favoured to beat Roscrea (shorter odds for cup win than ccr).

in the betting Clongowes favoured to beat Roscrea (shorter odds for cup win than ccr).

Clongowes have always beaten Roscrea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,011 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Some absolute superb performances from the Leinster branch referees - once again. Fitness, positioning, control is absolutely top notch. We have a very high standard of referee-ing and we should be both proud and thankful for that. A huge amount of work goes into getting refs to that standard not just from the refs themselves, the assessors, the ref coaches etc. Well done to all.

Some absolute superb performances from the Leinster branch referees - once again. Fitness, positioning, control is absolutely top notch. We have a very high standard of referee-ing and we should be both proud and thankful for that. A huge amount of work goes into getting refs to that standard not just from the refs themselves, the assessors, the ref coaches etc. Well done to all.

I agree, standard has been very high from what I've seen and refs keen to talk to teams telling them what they're doing wrong which is great. Are you a referee? If so, do you know if there's an unwritten rule to refrain from sinbinning in schools matches? I can see the reasoning behind it but just wondering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Just reading now about the heated on-field argument between Gonzaga College’s nominated medical official, Peter Meagher, and ref Gary Glennon during Thursday’s schools cup match at Donnybrook

Top marks to the referee - there is no HIA in amateur rugby (let alone underage rugby)
    • There is no Head Injury Assessment (HIA), pitch side concussion assessment (PSCA) or concussion bin in the amateur game in Ireland.
    • Players with suspected concussion cannot be temporarily replaced by a substitute and may not return to the playing area.
    • Under Law 3.9, if the referee decides, with or without the advice of a doctor or other medically qualified person, that a player should stop playing, the referee may order that player to leave the playing area. The referee may also order an injured player to leave the field in order to be medically examined.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

http://www.balls.ie/rugby/leinster-back-referee-over-farcical-concussion-incident-in-schools-game/324360

Balls.ie have the footage up.

From reading that IT transcript it's pretty obvious the Doc was performing a HIA assessment too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

It's deeply concerning that a medical professional involved in schools' rugby was that clueless about the guidelines, and so cavalier with such a dangerous problem. Hopefully the Leinster Branch will address it and enforce a heightened standard in future.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,863 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

It's deeply concerning that a medical professional involved in schools' rugby was that clueless about the guidelines, and so cavalier with such a dangerous problem. Hopefully the Leinster Branch will address it and enforce a heightened standard in future.

agreed

that was the point that stood out most to me about the whole episode.
    if the medic / doctor knew that HIAs wasnt possible at this level... BUT also claims that its part of their directive in injury assessments... then surely they should have raised this discrepancy already

however i must comment that in general first aid youre taught to give a player some general cognitive questions its there is an doubt as to a players condition... and usually based on a visual indication (theres 9 on the irfu website)

anyway, i think the referee will be shown to be completely correct in this... but hopefully not at a result of doctors / medics deliberately not assessing a player if in ear shot of a ref

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I saw this episode on Setanta the other night and I read the Irish Times article too. Like most here, I thought the ref was very good. I was really quite shocked that the medic should behave like that. The whole thing must have been upsetting for the players, and in particular the injured player.

• Advertisement
Advertisement