Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster schools league/cup 2015/2016 senior&junior

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭InsideatAnimo

FT 38 - 6

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭RugbyRugby2016

sfbdqc wrote: »
    Michael's have 6 starters in 2nd year. Going to struggle to match them physically.

Do you know if any of the Blackrock team are in 2nd year?

6 starters is a very high number for Junior Cup rugby, next years team should be very strong then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭sfbdqc

6 starters is a very high number for Junior Cup rugby, next years team should be very strong then.

no idea about Rock but based on there size i'd be surprised if there was many.

Michaels have at least 1 more 2nd year on their bench too.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭RugbyRugby2016

The generally don't have too many 2nd years in the Junior Squad, given that this is supposed to be a very good year they probably have even less than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

2nd years in Michaels meant to be very strong. Definitely going into the Junior Cup next year as favourites. Rock second years meant to be fairly mediocre too. Lost to Michaels in the U13s pretty handily. Doubt there's many that would make the JCT from it this year.

Blackrock/Willow first years are undefeated though and have whopped everyone they've played so next year they could have a lot of 2nd years in their squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭rughug

He is a certainty for a sub-academy place.
    Been highly rated for a long time, is an excellent athlete and a developing outhalf. A season playing AIL with men will only help him develop, will probably move to a 1A side next year and hopefully play AIL.

Oh , so it's ok for him to go from Skerries an inferior AIL Div 2A club to a 1A side next season and leave behind his coaches and fellow players who supported him all the way up. And on the other hand then it's not ok for the the likes of Clongowes or Roscrea to take in players and develop them in the competitive environment of the SCT. Yourself and the Lost Sheep have been bleating on about this ever since CCR won their first Leinster Senior title last year in history after 4 failed appearance's in previous finals. The 20 month rule was brought in bcoz of this. And lads hop clubs all over the place because they simply want to play at a higher standard. Glasshouses and stones my friend !.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

rughug wrote: »
    Oh , so it's ok for him to go from Skerries an inferior AIL Div 2A club to a 1A side next season and leave behind his coaches and fellow players who supported him all the way up. And on the other hand then it's not ok for the the likes of Clongowes or Roscrea to take in players and develop them in the competitive environment of the SCT. Yourself and the Lost Sheep have been bleating on about this ever since CCR won their first Leinster Senior title last year in history after 4 failed appearance's in previous finals. The 20 month rule was brought in bcoz of this. And lads hop clubs all over the place because they simply want to play at a higher standard. Glasshouses and stones my friend!.
    If he did leave Skerries for a division 1 club its an entirely different issue to leaving club at age grade for a rugby playing school.
    Its a very different issues due to resources schools have to replace a talented player and adult clubs have similar resources. Age grade club doesn't.
    Ive been saying this about moves around schools/clubs(youths) rugby well before Roscrea won last year.

Anyway. Connacht Junior/Senior semis are Wednesday with finals in double header in Sportsground Wednesday week
    Senior
    Garbally College v Sligo Grammar, Colaiste Iognaid v Marist Athlone
    Junior
    Garbally College v Colaiste Iognaid, Marist Athlone v CBS Roscommon

If he did leave Skerries for a division 1 club its an entirely different issue to leaving club at age grade for a rugby playing school.
    Its a very different issues due to resources schools have to replace a talented player and adult clubs have similar resources. Age grade club doesn't.
    Ive been saying this about moves around schools/clubs(youths) rugby well before Roscrea won last year.

Anyway. Connacht Junior/Senior semis are Wednesday with finals in double header in Sportsground Wednesday week
    Senior
    Garbally College v Sligo Grammar, Colaiste Iognaid v Marist Athlone
    Junior
    Garbally College v Colaiste Iognaid, Marist Athlone v CBS Roscommon

It is a similar issue. It's human nature , the world over for talented individuals to wish to develop themselves at the highest level possible. You can't be so narrow minded to say that schools with their " resources" are weakening the club's structures. This is how the average player can hope to develop in to a really good player .

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JGGriffer123

Pres Bray also have a very good winger Josh Pyper also in 2nd year, he looked dangerous when he got the ball v Rock with no space. From over hearing a few people at the rock game, he was man man marked in by other schools as a danger man for Pres. he has Leinster/Irish athletics medals for 60m, 100m and 200m, holds some form of irish schools 100m record. although not sure how turn this is.

rughug wrote: »
    Oh , so it's ok for him to go from Skerries an inferior AIL Div 2A club to a 1A side next season and leave behind his coaches and fellow players who supported him all the way up. And on the other hand then it's not ok for the the likes of Clongowes or Roscrea to take in players and develop them in the competitive environment of the SCT. Yourself and the Lost Sheep have been bleating on about this ever since CCR won their first Leinster Senior title last year in history after 4 failed appearance's in previous finals. The 20 month rule was brought in bcoz of this. And lads hop clubs all over the place because they simply want to play at a higher standard. Glasshouses and stones my friend !.

Not nearly the same scenario, especially when the academy wants a player playing at as high a level as possible. Personally i'd prefer if Frawley stayed playing AIL for Skerries next year instead of playing 20's and a bit of 1A for a bigger club but the academy will want him playing at as high a level as possible.

As proven by club players such as Peter Dooley, Adam Byrne, Tadhg Furlong, Adam Byrne etc. You do not need to play schools rugby to make the academy setup.

I have no problem with a school following the rules and the current rules seem to allow for recruitment and poaching by schools. Roscrea are just the biggest culprits and have been the biggest benefactors. Just like Lansdowne, UCD or Cork Con benefit greatly from players moving to them to play at a higher level. I don't have to be happy about it but it's the reality of Irish rugby.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Lobby Con Shine

Pres Bray also have a very good winger Josh Pyper also in 2nd year, he looked dangerous when he got the ball v Rock with no space. From over hearing a few people at the rock game, he was man man marked in by other schools as a danger man for Pres. he has Leinster/Irish athletics medals for 60m, 100m and 200m, holds some form of irish schools 100m record. although not sure how turn this is.

So he'll be playing at Roscrea next year then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

So he'll be playing at Roscrea next year then?

Stealing players from other rugby school's is more Blackrock's territory :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SLEVIN6

Not nearly the same scenario, especially when the academy wants a player playing at as high a level as possible. Personally i'd prefer if Frawley stayed playing AIL for Skerries next year instead of playing 20's and a bit of 1A for a bigger club but the academy will want him playing at as high a level as possible.

As proven by club players such as Peter Dooley, Adam Byrne, Tadhg Furlong, Adam Byrne etc. You do not need to play schools rugby to make the academy setup.

I have no problem with a school following the rules and the current rules seem to allow for recruitment and poaching by schools. Roscrea are just the biggest culprits and have been the biggest benefactors. Just like Lansdowne, UCD or Cork Con benefit greatly from players moving to them to play at a higher level. I don't have to be happy about it but it's the reality of Irish rugby.

So lets see how many are not playing fair in the Leinster Schools;

Those big lads from Roscrea with their Connacht conspirators that keep knocking over our Ivor.
    Lansdowne
    UCD
    Cork Con
    And of course the dreaded GAAAAAA poaching all round.
    They are probably giving our lads jobs and houses to change codes - well we will say so anyway - if we chuck enough muck some of it will stick.!
    Thing are just not as they should be,like when we had it all to ourselves

Down with this sort of thing !

sadly true.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 JGGriffer123

is there not a rule where if you play JCT for on school in 2nd year you cant play for another school in 3rd year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Islander13

So who's going to win the final? Odds are similar to last year with Belvedere strong favourites but they were overturned. I read that Roscrea have 8/9 players back from the starting 15. Surprised they aren't favourites as a result although perhaps the star players have graduated?

is there not a rule where if you play JCT for on school in 2nd year you cant play for another school in 3rd year?

sadly not. At least two players on the Blackrock JCT team this year played for a different school last season.

Islander13 wrote: »
    So who's going to win the final? Odds are similar to last year with Belvedere strong favourites but they were overturned. I read that Roscrea have 8/9 players back from the starting 15. Surprised they aren't favourites as a result although perhaps the star players have graduated?

Sadly I think Roscrea's pack will be too much, hope I'm wrong for the competitions sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭albacrypts

Sadly I think Roscrea's pack will be too much, hope I'm wrong for the competitions sake.

It matters nothing to the competition who wins this. It will still be played for another hundred years.

The best team will win this years as they did last year and have done for previous 120 years.

It does not matter if a dominant pack wins it playing ten man rugby or a Lions class back line does the same playing champagne rugby. The best overall team will win playing the game that best suits their skill set \ strengths. This is the same no matter what the competition (World Cup or Junior Z cup).

If Belvo win they will deserve it and good luck to them and all their supporters, likewise for Roscrea..

If the game is close there will be lots of complaints immediately afterwards about ref \ foul play etc etc but when the dust settles even the losers and their supporters will hold no grudges and will accept that best team won and that once again it was a great competition.

Personally I would like to see Roscrea win. However the bookies and the top dogs rarely get it wrong two years in a row. No matter who the winners will deserve a cheer from all on Sunday.

• Advertisement

albacrypts wrote: »
    It matters nothing to the competition who wins this. It will still be played for another hundred years.

The best team will win this years as they did last year and have done for previous 120 years.

It does not matter if a dominant pack wins it playing ten man rugby or a Lions class back line does the same playing champagne rugby. The best overall team will win playing the game that best suits their skill set \ strengths. This is the same no matter what the competition (World Cup or Junior Z cup).

If Belvo win they will deserve it and good luck to them and all their supporters, likewise for Roscrea..

If the game is close there will be lots of complaints immediately afterwards about ref \ foul play etc etc but when the dust settles even the losers and their supporters will hold no grudges and will accept that best team won and that once again it was a great competition.

Personally I would like to see Roscrea win. However the bookies and the top dogs rarely get it wrong two years in a row. No matter who the winners will deserve a cheer from all on Sunday.

Disagree, if Roscrea win two years in a row after most of their team joining last season it's not great for the competition. Also I'd rather see the Leinster schools cup be about skill as opposed to the team with the biggest pack boshing their way to a win. But again that's my personal preference as to how rugby is played. Unless the game evolves at the underage level, we will continue to lack the skills at the professional level to play an attractive brand of rugby, which is what everyone is complaining about these days, i.e Rugby is not about skill anymore, it's about size. etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭TTWNF

Disagree, if Roscrea win two years in a row after most of their team joining last season it's not great for the competition. Also I'd rather see the Leinster schools cup be about skill as opposed to the team with the biggest pack boshing their way to a win. But again that's my personal preference as to how rugby is played. Unless the game evolves at the underage level, we will continue to lack the skills at the professional level to play an attractive brand of rugby, which is what everyone is complaining about these days.

Correct me if i am wrong but did Roscrea's backs not win the final last year with some great back play as well as having a strong pack? Is this not what the game of rugby is all about?

I think Belvo are stronger this year so i think they will win ... however sometimes a final at that age-group can come down to nerves and who wants it more. Roscrea seem to have a great team spirit about them and although defending champions have an air of the underdog about allied with the south Dublin snobbery (which is rife in this thread) ****e they have to listen to makes them a dangerous proposition for any team in the final.

TTWNF wrote: »
    Correct me if i am wrong but did Roscrea's backs not win the final last year with some great back play as well as having a strong pack? Is this not what the game of rugby is all about?

I think Belvo are stronger this year so i think they will win ... however sometimes a final at that age-group can come down to nerves and who wants it more. Roscrea seem to have a great team spirit about them and although defending champions have an air of the underdog about allied with the south Dublin snobbery (which is rife in this thread) ****e they have to listen to makes them a dangerous proposition for any team in the final.

Belvedere aren't from South Dublin and neither am I. And no one has claimed Roscrea don't have a serious chance to win, in fact i've said already they should be favourites.

I have no complaints about how Roscrea won the cup on the field last year and if they win on sunday playing an attractive skill based game of rugby i'll salute them for the deserved champions they will be.

If they win by mauling and boshing the ball over the line and don't attack using skillful coherent back play then i'll be unhappy that once again rugby has come down to who is the biggest. But they'll be champions and deservedly so.

It's not too different to the Junior Cup final, Michaels(skill & no recruitment) vs Blackrock(size & recruitment)

Belvedere aren't from South Dublin and neither am I. And no one has claimed Roscrea don't have a serious chance to win, in fact i've said already they should be favourites.

I have no complaints about how Roscrea won the cup on the field last year and if they win on sunday playing an attractive skill based game of rugby i'll salute them for the deserved champions they will be.

If they win by mauling and boshing the ball over the line and don't attack using skillful coherent back play then i'll be unhappy that once again rugby has come down to who is the biggest. But they'll be champions and deservedly so.

Now I have plenty of compalints about how they've constructed their team since the summer of 2014. But let's not go over that again.

It's not too different to the Junior Cup final, Michaels(skill & no recruitment) vs Blackrock(size & recruitment)

i didn't say the snobbery is coming from Belvo .... also, Roscrea didn't win their previous games by just bashing and mauling

i didn't say the snobbery is coming from Belvo .... also, Roscrea didn't win their previous games by just bashing and mauling

how many tries this year have came off a maul?
    how many tries have been scored by forwards? all bar one i think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

You'd swear elite club and international rugby teams don't use boshing and rolling mauls. It's a huge part of the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭InsideatAnimo

Virtually every try in every rugby game "comes from the forwards" : originated from set piece or breakdown.
    Perspective too often governs perception.

At 5 - 13 Roscrea turned the semifinal against CWC with an exceptional team try which broke from their half and then swept right to left touch lines before grounding mid right with exceptional support play.

If the originator of the move had been a 12 , the suppprting eventual finishers 11 and 13 it would have been no better . Of course the speedy imaginative breakaway was from #2 and the finishers with quick hands and minds were #1 and #3. Front row.

They started and finshed a score any back three would have been proud of. And turned the game.

But as I say perspective governs perception. See what you like and say what you like.

Since the semi at Tallagh against a brilliant Terenure team back in 2103 Roscrea have upped their game hugely.
    1 to 15.

Good luck to both teams in the final : however they go about their business.

Synode wrote: »
    You'd swear elite club and international rugby teams don't use boshing and rolling mauls. It's a huge part of the game

And it's too big a part of the game, game should be about skill not size. It's killing the international game at the moment.

Also at underage level where the size differences between players greater it's hardly makes for a fair contest.

Is it that bizarre that I'd rather see a team win the cup based on their superb backplay rather than forward play?

Virtually every try in every rugby game "comes from the forwards" : originated from set piece or breakdown.
    Perspective too often governs perception.

At 5 - 13 Roscrea turned the semifinal against CWC with an exceptional team try which broke from their half and then swept right to left touch lines before grounding mid right with exceptional support play.

If the originator of the move had been a 12 , the suppprting eventual finishers 11 and 13 it would have been no better . Of course the speedy imaginative breakaway was from #2 and the finishers with quick hands and minds were #1 and #3. Front row.

They started and finshed a score any back three would have been proud of. And turned the game.

But as I say perspective governs perception. See what you like and say what you like.

Since the semi at Tallagh against a brilliant Terenure team back in 2103 Roscrea have upped their game hugely.
    1 to 15.

Good luck to both teams in the final : however they go about their business.

I said scored by forwards, Roscrea have had 1 back score a try this senior cup. Most of their tries have came from boshing there was over using their huge forwards or mauling over from the lineout.

You realise the breakaway by the hooker was from him being in the right place at the right time when clongowes made a mistake? He wasn't creative in that moment, he was fortunate. Of course he did well from there and Roscrea did well to finish it, with the forwards hard carrying and some nice handling.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

I said scored by forwards, Roscrea have had 1 back score a try this senior cup. Most of their tries have came from boshing there was over using their huge forwards or mauling over from the lineout.

You realise the breakaway by the hooker was from him being in the right place at the right time when clongowes made a mistake? He wasn't creative in that moment, he was fortunate. Of course he did well from there and Roscrea did well to finish it, with the forwards hard carrying and some nice handling.

They certainly upped their game in the summer of 2014. Of course you didn't mention the senior cup of 2014 where Roscrea didn't go quite aswell, something changed though, I wonder what?

That's bull on 2014. They were beaten by a good Newbridge team in the first round. There wasn't some sort of collapse or rethinking. It's just conspiracy nonsense on your part.

Also that pass from the hooker to the wing was creative, and the two offloads by the props both working hard to get off the ground and around the corner is skillful and smart. Your fact may be correct, but your context is completely off. But sure every try Belvo, Rock and Michaels scored was a switch loop/skip/360 degree/alley-oop/top corner move.

Ridiculous that you think poor discipline as was seen from Clongowes and Gonzaga that presents oppurtunities to go to the corner shouldn't be put through a maul, which again is a key component of every game in world rugby and particularly Irish rugby.

Hear hear, well said.

• Advertisement

its_phil wrote: »
    That's bull on 2014. They were beaten by a good Newbridge team in the first round. There wasn't some sort of collapse or rethinking. It's just conspiracy nonsense on your part.

Also that pass from the hooker to the wing was creative, and the two offloads by the props both working hard to get off the ground and around the corner is skillful and smart. Your fact may be correct, but your context is completely off. But sure every try Belvo, Rock and Michaels scored was a switch loop/skip/360 degree/alley-oop/top corner move.

Ridiculous that you think poor discipline as was seen from Clongowes and Gonzaga that presents oppurtunities to go to the corner shouldn't be put through a maul, which again is a key component of every game in world rugby and particularly Irish rugby.

I didn't say Roscrea shoudn't have mauled it, they are the bigger team, for whatever reason, and they played to their strength with is their huge pack they've managed to assemble. I haven't commented on other teams style of play in comparison to Roscrea, but by all means compare how Belvo play and how Roscrea play. I think you'll find a large difference.

and again my personal preference is a different type of rugby that what Roscrea play. Which is allowed last time I checked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭joeguevara

it's just a coincedence that Roscrea had so many well regarded underage rugby players join in the summer of 2014? interesting...

didn't say Roscrea shoudn't have mauled it, they are the bigger team, for whatever reason, and they played to their strength with is their huge pack they've managed to assemble. I haven't commented on other teams style of play in comparison to Roscrea, but by all means compare how Belvo play and how Roscrea play. I think you'll find a large difference.

and again my personal preference is a different type of rugby that what Roscrea play. Which is allowed last time I checked.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that. But again you are on a vendetta against Roscrea about a particular policy that you have no proof of. A players Uncle came on and said that it wasn't true that his nephew had been approached and confirmed that he paid his full fees that put his parent under financial strain. You are defaming a school and their character as well as taking away from the tremendous skill of and spirit of a great team. Its not right. These are young men and you shouldn't keep harping on about something that you have no proof over.

I am fine with you wanting a good backs team to win. Roscrea have great backs too but play a physical forwards game. As have Munster in the past. Wouldn't it be better to discuss sport and the merits of the two great team rather than belittle that by what you are doing?

joeguevara wrote: »
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion and I respect that. But again you are on a vendetta against Roscrea about a particular policy that you have no proof of. A players Uncle came on and said that it wasn't true that his nephew had been approached and confirmed that he paid his full fees that put his parent under financial strain. You are defaming a school and their character as well as taking away from the tremendous skill of and spirit of a great team. Its not right. These are young men and you shouldn't keep harping on about something that you have no proof over.

I am fine with you wanting a good backs team to win. Roscrea have great backs too but play a physical forwards game. As have Munster in the past. Wouldn't it be better to discuss sport and the merits of the two great team rather than belittle that by what you are doing?

this is not worth my time. May the best team win.

1. that "uncles" post was discredited when he posted that bizarre letter later that day.
    2. All i've said what that it's some coincedence that so many very good underage rugby players joined roscrea in the summer of 2014, maybe there was no recruitment and they all joined individually without anyone infulencing them to do so, maybe.
    3. Where are these great Roscrea backs? because they are rarely used. Roscrea are all about boshing it over with their pack, their pack is their strength, lucky that most of them decided to join roscrea in 2014.
    4. Maybe they are all paying full fees and if they are then I apologize, but i'm allowed be skeptical that that is actually the case.
    5. Yes you are right i'm allowed be a fan of how Belvo play their rugby and not a fan of how Roscrea play theres. Just like I prefered Leinster's style of rugby over Munsters.

You have made your point. Why be sceptical over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again?

Let it go. Enjoy the rugby. Forget your vendetta. These are boys/young men. Do you think they don't read this. You are detracting from what probably was their boyhood dreams.

I liked Munster and Leinster style of play. Both are fascinating.

May the best team win.

I'd happily talk about another subject.

But if we are talking about the game, then we have to acknowledge that Roscrea will use their pack to win the game, if Belvo can't stop that monster pack they'll struggle to win. Similar to the Blackrock match, apart from Roscrea are even bigger.

If they can find parity I fancy Belvedere to open them up in the backs if they are anywhere near to the level they showed versus Michaels and Blackrock. Roscrea's back's aren't as good as last years crop who graduated which has been shown in the cup and the loss of Rory Gaffney who joined last summer from Galwegians is a big loss for Roscrea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 culhanp

1. that "uncles" post was discredited when he posted that bizarre letter later that day.
    2. All i've said what that it's some coincedence that so many very good underage rugby players joined roscrea in the summer of 2014, maybe there was no recruitment and they all joined individually without anyone infulencing them to do so, maybe.
    3. Where are these great Roscrea backs? because they are rarely used. Roscrea are all about boshing it over with their pack, their pack is their strength, lucky that most of them decided to join roscrea in 2014.
    4. Maybe they are all paying full fees and if they are then I apologize, but i'm allowed be skeptical that that is actually the case.
    5. Yes you are right i'm allowed be a fan of how Belvo play their rugby and not a fan of how Roscrea play theres. Just like I prefered Leinster's style of rugby over Munsters.

Firstly, that bizarre letter does not discredit the "uncle", you've no proof of whether or not he indeed is telling the truth but to insinuate that he's lying and that the poor child who's will have read these posts and to say that's he's having his fees paid for when he may not have is unfair.
    Secondaly, you're on an absolute vendetta against Roscrea and their players and it's absolutely pathetic and yes the players in the schools will have read these comments.
    Thirdly, Keith Kavanagh and Alan Tynan are exceptionally good players baring in mind that Tynan is being played out of position as he is a 15.
    Fourthly, maybe Roscrea did attempt to get players, but congrats to them, they managed to do it effectively, as the majority of other schools have done it, albeit inside the Dublin region, fortunately for Roscrea have a larger source to tap, but to do it and to maintain their exceptional results in school is remarkable.

Now can you leave it be and stop this sadistic attack on Roscrea.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 culhanp

I'd happily talk about another subject.

But if we are talking about the game, then we have to acknowledge that Roscrea will use their pack to win the game, if Belvo can't stop that monster pack they'll struggle to win. Similar to the Blackrock match, apart from Roscrea are even bigger.

If they can find parity I fancy Belvedere to open them up in the backs if they are anywhere near to the level they showed versus Michaels and Blackrock. Roscrea's back's aren't as good as last years crop who graduated which has been shown in the cup and the loss of Rory Gaffney who joined last summer from Galwegians is a big loss for Roscrea.

Rory Gaffney followed in his footsteps of his brother. Who also only joined Roscrea for the senior cycle.

culhanp wrote: »
    Firstly, that bizarre letter does not discredit the "uncle", you've no proof of whether or not he indeed is telling the truth but to insinuate that he's lying and that the poor child who's will have read these posts and to say that's he's having his fees paid for when he may not have is unfair.
    Secondaly, you're on an absolute vendetta against Roscrea and their players and it's absolutely pathetic and yes the players in the schools will have read these comments.
    Thirdly, Keith Kavanagh and Alan Tynan are exceptionally good players baring in mind that Tynan is being played out of position as he is a 15.
    Fourthly, maybe Roscrea did attempt to get players, but congrats to them, they managed to do it effectively, as the majority of other schools have done it, albeit inside the Dublin region, fortunately for Roscrea have a larger source to tap, but to do it and to maintain their exceptional results in school is remarkable.

Now can you leave it be and stop this sadistic attack on Roscrea.

I'm going to leave it because it's boring going over the same stuff over and over.

culhanp wrote: »
    Rory Gaffney followed in his footsteps of his brother. Who also only joined Roscrea for the senior cycle.

Who said differently?

All I said was it's a blow for Roscrea that he is out and that he joined Roscrea this summer, which is allowed.

anyway i'd be happy to stop arguing about this anymore and talk about what will happen on the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

I'm going to leave it because it's boring going over the same stuff over and over.

Oh you're getting it now are you

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    Oh you're getting it now are you

no idea what you are refering to but Id just rather not waste so much time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Should be a great game.

Belvos line out maul defence has improved but will it have improved enough?

Roscrea are big lads in the pack to be sure, but I wouldn't call them monsters, apart from Murphy.

I see the tight 5 battle going the way of Roscrea but Belvo will dominate the back row and the breakdown.

Roscrea's biggest weakness is how few points they have scored in their last couple of games - 27 and 24, whereas Belvo have scored 35 and 36.

Even if Roscrea do maul over for 3 or 4 tries, I can see belvos slick offloading game scoring more than Roscrea.

Should be a great game.

Belvos line out maul defence has improved but will it have improved enough?

Roscrea are big lads in the pack to be sure, but I wouldn't call them monsters, apart from Murphy.

I see the tight 5 battle going the way of Roscrea but Belvo will dominate the back row and the breakdown.

Roscrea's biggest weakness is how few points they have scored in their last couple of games - 27 and 24, whereas Belvo have scored 35 and 36.

Even if Roscrea do maul over for 3 or 4 tries, I can see belvos slick offloading game scoring more than Roscrea.

Agree with you. If Belvo cut loose this game is over at half time. Forecast is super. Dry hard ground. Belvo to prosper.

this is not worth my time. May the best team win.

you've been shown up to be a cock .... goodbye

Disagree, if Roscrea win two years in a row after most of their team joining last season it's not great for the competition. Also I'd rather see the Leinster schools cup be about skill as opposed to the team with the biggest pack boshing their way to a win. But again that's my personal preference as to how rugby is played. Unless the game evolves at the underage level, we will continue to lack the skills at the professional level to play an attractive brand of rugby, which is what everyone is complaining about these days, i.e Rugby is not about skill anymore, it's about size. etc. etc.

Maybe you missed the try scored by the Roscrea front row which showed a skill level many a centre would be proud of from the break by the hooker who also managed to get the ball away before being tackled. Did you see the off load by the prop and the soft hand by both props especially the last pass. I have never seen a more skilled front row try ever even at international level.

Its amazing how history repeats itself. As a roscrea student through the early nineties it was always a tradition for the leaving cert art class to draw caricatures of the players. I was sent this picture of our eagle and i an delighted our tradition is still alive.

I just want to say i am a proud roscrea past student and there is no vendetta that will change that. As people have said if we win on sunday i will be immensely proud...if we lose i will be still proud but congratulate belvo .....we are the boys.....tje boys from ROSCREA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Anyone watching the Munster senior final?

Everyone must be at the Belvo \ CCR game this board is so quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cuprugby333

Roscrea don't deserve to be here and will rightly get demolished. Themselves and clongowes got the easiest draws to the final/semi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

14-0 up to Belvo after 28 mins and should be a lot more.

Advertisement