Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster schools league/cup 2015/2016 senior&junior

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

GavMan wrote: »
    Prob a tenner for an adult. Couldn't see it being more than 15 anyway

Thanks GavMan. Any idea of student rates(if any)?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

there goes your mans illuminati theory

Anyone that was at the Roscrea v Michael's game a few years back, would beg to differ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

GavMan wrote: »
    Poor Castleknock. That is a proper pasting. Very hard to see anyone breaking into the top6 on a consistent basis. It would take a lot of time, resources (great technical coaches and importantly proper S&C coaching) and money
    It shouldn't be the case but money does play a very big role in deciding which teams may reach the top stages...
    The_N4sir wrote: »
    Thanks GavMan. Any idea of student rates(if any)?
    Will be a few quid cheaper than adult rate...

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Polar wizard adventure

jony_dols wrote: »
    Anyone that was at the Roscrea v Michael's game a few years back, would beg to differ!

If those Roscrea lads hadn't feigned so many injuries when they went into the lead that game would have ended a lot sooner.

If those Roscrea lads hadn't feigned so many injuries when they went into the lead that game would have ended a lot sooner.

Keep telling yourself that. At the end of the day would 18 minutes of extra time have been played, if red-hot cup favourite Michael's were leading that game & Roscrea were pressing for the win/draw? We all know the answer.

Ancient history now, but still suspect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

jony_dols wrote: »
    Keep telling yourself that. At the end of the day would 18 minutes of extra time have been played, if red-hot cup favourite Michael's were leading that game & Roscrea were pressing for the win/draw? We all know the answer.

Ancient history now, but still suspect.
    Clongowes were the red hot cup favourites if memory serves me correctly.

funtime93 wrote: »
    Clongowes were the red hot cup favourites if memory serves me correctly.

Same-same, Dan Leavy captained team, 1 of 2 teams supposedly in the Cup that year. Certainly not 3 (according to the Branch)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭The Parish King

What are Clongowes like this year? I heard they struggled past Kings Hosp and CBC have some decent players like Jordan, O'Callaghan, Fay and Clarke...potential for a surprise result?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭11393551

What are Clongowes like this year? I heard they struggled past Kings Hosp and CBC have some decent players like Jordan, O'Callaghan, Fay and Clarke...potential for a surprise result?
    Not a vintage clongowes year but should still beat cbc easily enough is reckon. Anyone think belvo will win?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

11393551 wrote: »
    Not a vintage clongowes year but should still beat cbc easily enough is reckon. Anyone think belvo will win?

I reckon Belvo will beat Rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nRussell1192

I reckon Belvo will beat Rock.
    Belvo have a very good chance if they keep their set piece solid. Both back lines were superb in attack, but Belvo's defense looked more solid. I fancy Belvo to win this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Belvo had a stiffer physical test in first round and kept Newbridge to nil.

Rock won't have learned a whole lot with that game vs Castleknock and they shipped a try to a very poor team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Bridge93

Belvo had a stiffer physical test in first round and kept Newbridge to nil.

Rock won't have learned a whole lot with that game vs Castleknock and they shipped a try to a very poor team.

I don't think you can read too much into either team yet, both were multiple leagues ahead of their opposition to a point where it was a case of just get through the game with no injuries. I wouldn't see a 34 point win as significantly stiffer than a 45 point one,
    Rock were 53-3 up with 12/13 mins left and went into total cruise control protecting bodies. They have 3 or 4 lads to potentially come back in for the next game.

I wouldn't want to try call it myself but will go with the bookies as I don't know enough about either team (particularly Belvo) other than both have dominated the last few junior cups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭OceanSixteen

Will be interesting to see if Blackrock's missing players are back for the Belvo match.

Tommy O'Brien (Broken Leg) is out for cup, however I'm not sure what the injuries are that are keeping Steven Kilgallen, Andrew Murphy, Niall Marshall & Peter O'Reilly from playing.

Will be interesting to see if Blackrock's missing players are back for the Belvo match.

Tommy O'Brien (Broken Leg) is out for cup, however I'm not sure what the injuries are that are keeping Steven Kilgallen, Andrew Murphy, Niall Marshall & Peter O'Reilly from playing.

One of them has a torn hamstring so is certainly out although I'm not sure who it is

• Advertisement

Belvedere beat Castkeknock 21-6 in the Junior cup.

CBC Monkstown 20-0 Dundalk Grammar
    Blackrock 37-3 St Marys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7G11p_ArsE
    Highlights from the second round of the Munster Schools Junior and Senior Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭gazump123

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O7G11p_ArsE
    Highlights from the second round of the Munster Schools Junior and Senior Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭RedemptionZ

Oisin Dowling cleared to play against terenure. No ban.

Fair enough in my opinion. Probably nothing in it. We've all lost the plot on the pitch once or twice when we were younger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Terenure beat Roscrea 36-15 in the Junior Cup today (after being 15-12 down at one point)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭funtime93

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Terenure beat Roscrea 36-15 in the Junior Cup today (after being 15-12 down at one point)
    Was at it. Winger got a hatrick, looked impressive. The roscrea 8 was possibly the biggest 8 I've ever seen at junior level. Scored a try aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭FrannoFan

Was at it. Winger got a hatrick, looked impressive. The roscrea 8 was possibly the biggest 8 I've ever seen at junior level. Scored a try aswell.

Think that 8 was on the team as a first year! Was on the team last year as a second year and looked big then!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cuprugby333

Umm that's wasn't the winger, it was the hooker haha. His brother is the senior team winger however

• Registered Users Posts: 39 cuprugby333

Also I just discovered today that Sam Dardis is only 15(fifteen) years old as the terenure sct fullback. He's an immense talent

Also I just discovered today that Sam Dardis is only 15(fifteen) years old as the terenure sct fullback. He's an immense talent

He's May 2000 aswell, meaning technically he could play Junior Cup again this year as a fourth year! Imagine that playing both Junior & Senior Cup in the same year

He's May 2000 aswell, meaning technically he could play Junior Cup again this year as a fourth year! Imagine that playing both Junior & Senior Cup in the same year
    Nothing in the regs that stop that. Nothing strictly in the regs stopping a first year from playing senior schools cup AFAIK yet clubs can get in trouble for playing u16s in u18 competitions...
    He cant play Junior under competition regs regardless of being underage.

Some results in other cups from today/yesterday
    Connacht Cup Group 1
    Marist Athlone 16 Bish Galway 9, St Muiredachs 20 Clifden CS 20
    Munster Cup Quarter Finals
    Ard Scoil Ris 15 CBC Cork 28, Castletroy 15 St Clements 0,
    Rockwell 5 Crescent Comp 17

I could be wrong but I think I remember a lad called Jack O Neill benching for the Castleknock senior team while in 3rd year and captaining the junior team. Must've been 2010ish.
    He may have been reserve but he definitely was with the team on match day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Bridge93 wrote: »
    I could be wrong but I think I remember a lad called Jack O Neill benching for the Castleknock senior team while in 3rd year and captaining the junior team. Must've been 2010ish.
    He may have been reserve but he definitely was with the team on match day

Trained with them during summer but was not on the panel/reserve. Think Ian Fitzpatrick (Lansdowne + Kings Hos 2013) played junior & senior in 2010 though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

I think one of the gunne brothers played jct and got called up to the bench for sct in same year ,would have been for Knock in 90s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Tarf1234

How did Moggy's young fella go? I see he is captain, I remember reefing a match he was playing a few years ago and thinking he looked a very smart player.

Last Munster senior quarter today
    PBC Cork 39 Bandon Grammar 10

Semi draw made
    Castletroy v Crescent Comp, CBC v PBC

Last Munster senior quarter today
    PBC Cork 39 Bandon Grammar 10

Semi draw made
    Castletroy v Crescent Comp, CBC v PBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

JCT - Clongowes 21 - 0 Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

"He should be starting for Ireland on Sunday" - Tony Ward.

Junior Cup Quarter Final Draw
    CBC Monkstown v Clongowes
    Terenure v St Michael's
    Newbridge v Belvedere
    Pres Bray v Blackrock

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭milosh

Junior Cup Quarter Final Draw
    CBC Monkstown v Clongowes
    Terenure v St Michael's
    Newbridge v Belvedere
    Pres Bray v Blackrock

Is it safe to assume that Clongowes Belvo and Rock are nailed on for the semi final draw?

Michael's vs Terenure in both cups should be good

Paddy Power put up the odds for the first quarter final.

St Michaels 4/7
    Draw 16/1
    Terenure 6/4

St Michaels -3 5/6
    Draw -3 16/1
    Terenure +3 5/6

I personally think Terenure will win this one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

No Dardis today for Terenure. Huge blow for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Michaels 10 - 0 up

17 - 0

24-0. Definitely game over now. Just saw the second Michael's try on Twitter, fantastic try from a turnover

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

BDJW wrote: »
    24-0. Definitely game over now. Just saw the second Michael's try on Twitter, fantastic try from a turnover

Have you a link?

Just following it on Twitter unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

BDJW wrote: »
    Just following it on Twitter unfortunately

What's the twitter account with the video?

awec wrote: »
    What's the twitter account with the video?
    @SetantaSports

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Kelly has some pace

24-7 after 29 minutes

• Advertisement
Advertisement