Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Attacking the poster rather than the post being left unmoderated.

Options
  • 29-08-2015 5:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

I just want to draw your attention to this post:

www boards ie/ vbulletin / showpost.php?p= 96793601 & postcount= 2

Is it not a major rule of boards that you're not supposed to personalise posts?

Telling an OP to "Cop yourself on" seems a bit contrary to the normal flow of a discussion.

I reported it and got nowhere.

I thought this was like Board's Prime Directive?

Editing URL because I'm not allowed to post them for some reason even though I'm way beyond 50 posts.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 4,341 Mod ✭✭✭✭TherapyBoy

<<-- You can report any post by clicking the little red triangle to the left.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's a Saturday evening and all our mods are volunteers, so they're probably busy enjoying themselves elsewhere. Alternatively it's possible that the mods didn't deem the post actionable, or took other action that is not visible to you. If it's the former then they will get to it in due course, but they still may decide that there's nothing to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

I'm the op in that thread and I found the post helpful. It made me realise I was over reacting. Though I'd never be asked for my opinion I'd be disappointed if the poster was reprimanded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Quadrature

Thanks for the feedback.

I appreciate the mods are volunteers too. I just thought the thread was getting rather unnecessarily ratty and personalised.

Anyway, have a good weekend.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

You too. I'll mark this as resolved so.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement