Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vtos leavingcert need advice

Options
  • 29-08-2015 6:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭

I'm starting my leaving cert in September im 39 married two kids. Wife thinks that im a bit told old to do this and that its too late in life to change career. I was working in special needs but work dryed up.

What are the Vtos college times? Does anybody know? Is it 9 to 5?

What can i expect?

I seen a similar post which was closed due to lack of understanding and spamming . Note to Moderator i am genuinely interested in information in this topic. For those who dont know vtos it is for people who are over 21 years of age, unemployed and have been getting certain social welfare payments for at least 6 months you can apply for the Vocational Training and Opportunities Scheme (VTOS). The VTOS scheme provides a range of courses to meet the education and training needs of unemployed people.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,184 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would expect normal school hours, possibly starting at half nine to allow for people leaving children to school. You will have the same breaks as schools too. Great opportunity. I hope you enjoy it. VTOS classes very rewarding to teach.

Advertisement