Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Perfect Burger ??

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Last few burgers I've made are Oscar Bravo burgers, as per the poster on boards. Very tasty.

Pork, prawn, garlic, chilli and ginger in the patty. Really tasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Some pretty poor burgers just there on "masterchef: the professionals". Big horrible slices of tomato. Burgers too thick & not the width of the bun.

I think this is a photo of the one the presenter chef made
    Marcus Wareing served up a tasty burger with steak and bacon for Gregg Wallace and Monica Galetti on MasterChef: The Professionals.
    buger.png

http://thetalentzone.co.uk/musictv/33053/marcus-wareing-burger-recipe-on-masterchef-the-professionals/

It looked much taller and unmanageable than that. Gregg somehow managed to pick it up and take a bite and Monica says "WOW, well done", when I am thinking "wow, he made a balls of that, she is actually congratulating the guy and being able to manage to lift something which is meant to be easy to do". Should have been berated for such a failure, I have seen judges on shows like this marking people down for technical failures like this on other "handheld foods" like pasties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

Melendez wrote: »
    +1, I have done this myself before. I do not have a mincer. I cut it up with a scissors, I have a good scissors I use all the time for meat.

The masterchef episodes are on youtube with none of this "not in your country" stuff. Last nights is not up yet.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCj3KtTnF_vbvTAPj9phK7og

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Personally I wouldn't doubt Marcus Wareing ability to cook a burger

RasTa wrote: »
    If I designed a knife, fork or teacup and saw it on masterchef and saw Monica saying "wow, well done" to someone who just about managed to use it, due to it being so obviously awkward to handle -then I would go back to the drawing board. I was watching it hoping they might make comments about not copying this trend.

I'm sure he would cook a steak I would like, but I said before its like some of these chef or gourmet places make it their job to be as far removed from the likes of BK as possible -and so get rid of some sensible and tasty features.

Found this old thread which might interest some who think it should be made to be eaten handheld.
    Best 'thin' burger in Dublin
    One should be able to hold a burger in one hand and lift chips with the other. Those other ones are just a silly mess.

EDIT: masterchef one here
    at 20mins 20sec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4N-kxhRWjg&feature=youtu.be&t=1220

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

RasTa wrote: »

Based on that style over usefulness construction there, I would

That's not a burger, its a ball of meat. Just because restaurants do it doesn't mean its right - I'm pretty sure most of the modern serving 'standards' (wooden boards, chipped enamel cups, etc) are massive health hazards for starters.

Advertisement