Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin V. Mayo impartial predictions

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭Red Kev

Red Kev wrote: »
    Mayo by 2 .

Mayo 2-14, Dublin 2-12

It'll be very tight, very hard to call. I've a tenner on for a draw @ 8/1

Kerr Ching !!!!!!!

€80 return. Thanks very much Mr Paddy Power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,386 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

ProudDUB wrote: »
    No such things as an impartial opinion imo. Even if you are not from one of the competing counties, odds are you'll still be swayed by your opinion of Dublin, or Mayos AI heartbreaks over the years. And that will affect your prediction of who you think will win, even if it is subconscious. I think that most "neutrals" want Mayo to win the All Ireland, due to their history, and that is why they most of them are picking Mayo to win tomorrow...heart over head if you will.

I think that Dublin will win for 5 reasons.

1. They have better players overall, from 1-15, and on the bench. The bench is not as good as it was in previous years, but it's still damm good.

2. They have better forwards. Bernard Brogan and Dean Rock are both in the running to finish the year as top scorer. For all the kefuffle about Aidan O'Shea's new position, he isn't even in the top 10. And I haven't even mentioned Diarmuid Connolly yet.

3. They have more players who are more likely to step up and up their game for the big occasion, as opposed to letting the occasion and pressure get to them.

4. Stephen Cluxton. 'Nuff said !

5. Because I said so. :D

A few edits required for the replay :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Some of the incidents from Dublin in this match shown in highlights on Sunday game that we would've missed live were absolutely disgraceful, ones the panelists didn't even comment on or acknowledge. Hope to fuk Mayo win the replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

PARlance wrote: »
    A few edits required for the replay :)

Send me on over a bottle of vodka, a VERY large bottle of Valium, a free day pass to the cardiac unit of the Mater Private Hospital & I'll do up a brand spanking new list, just pour toi.

You're welcome ! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Despite all the bad press, I enjoyed today's game. It was niggly and tense but it was an AI SF so that was always gonna be there.
    I also can't see what debate there can be over the black cards. Both were essentially text book black card fouls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

Has anyone got tickets? PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭WearstheFoxhat

2 hill tickets for sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

2 hill tickets for sale
    p1010248.jpg

AuQcAHuCEAA6ej2.jpg

How come they're available, are those 2 back in prison? ;)

C'mon Mayo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭steloide

2 hill tickets for sale

Don't want to be in the hill when Mayo win!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭WearstheFoxhat

Just sold

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Brusna

In the facetheball.com prediction league, out of the top 20 in the overall leader board 5 (25%) went for Dublin, 14 (73%) went for Mayo and 1 didn't make a prediction.

The bookies had it Dublin 4/7 (65%), Mayo 15/8 (35%) and the draw 8/1 (11%).

So 73% of the top predictors went with the outsider last weekend.

The bookies have it closer to 50/50 for the replay with Dublin slight favourites.

I'm sticking with Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭johnny osbourne

mayo for sam

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Old_-_School

As a big fan of Back To The Future, I have to hope for a Dublin win so the coincidence with 1955, 1985 and 2015 continues and we'll all have hoverboards on October 21st.
    Although it won't be a complete alignment with BTTF, as I don't think Mayo and Dublin drew in 1885.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I'm going to predict a couple of sendings off in the game and potentially a mass brawl.

I think there'll be a lot of tension hanging around after last weeks game and it might be fiesty to start with with the ref handing out a couple of red cards to calm things down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭elguapo

Connolly's suspension being lifted is a big boost for Dublin,but they showed a lot of mental fragility last week once Mayo went after them,I reckon Mayo to edge a thriller.
    On a side note,the GAA disciplinary structure is laughable,no way should Kevin Keane or Connolly had their bans overturned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

elguapo wrote: »
    Connolly's suspension being lifted is a big boost for Dublin,but they showed a lot of mental fragility last week once Mayo went after them,I reckon Mayo to edge a thriller.
    On a side note,the GAA disciplinary structure is laughable,no way should Kevin Keane or Connolly had their bans overturned.

It's a complete joke.

People criticize referees but frankly it's a completely impossible job to do considering that they get zero backing from the GAA whenever they make a decision.

Why there is a hearing committee and then 2 appeals body's and why the GAA needs to have the DRA in the first place i'll never know.Why is it the only sporting body in Ireland that needs to have this type of body to prevent cases going to the courts it shouldn't matter what the courts do if the GAA decide to suspend a player that should be it.What evidence was provided that showed Diarmuid Connolly didn't deserve to get a red card.It's blatantly clear he punched Lee Keegan.

The disciplinary procedures are a complete joke.

There should be one appeals body and if you fail in your appeal the suspension should be doubled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,357 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The whole system is a farce from McCann to Connolly. It sends out the wrong message. Don't be surprised if there's a few more red cards today. Sure what does it matter, they'll be back for the final anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,533 ✭✭✭Colonialboy

Im a neutral, no ties to Mayo or Dublin. If I had to pick a winner I was actually hoping Dublin would win through as a Kerry V Dub final always has that extra spice.
    Id planned out my day to get all my stuff done and free myself to sit down with my son, and with the feet up and watch the match.
    Now after the whole Diarmuid Connolly farce I wont be bothered.

Im a GAA supporter, I train local under-age teams in my area, Ill watch the hurling final and tune in to the the football next season, just going to write off this year as a joke.

If Dublin do go on to win the All-Ireland it wont be the same medal that Keavney and Cullen and Barney got, not in my opinion.

I was in the US recently and saw how Tom Brady of the Patriots spent a few million on lawyers to get his 4 match suspension, overturned. As an Irishman and GAA fan I felt proud cos I said my organisation would not be dragged down to that un-sporting level, we still had some semblance of sport. Well Tom Brady got his suspension overturned as did Diarmuid and now so it seems the GAA is going the same route, violence, un-sporting behaviour and getting the lawyers involved seems to be the norm here too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 808 ✭✭✭Angry bird

Both teams to kick the crap out of each other. The ball will very much be optional.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Angry bird wrote: »
    Both teams to kick the crap out of each other. The ball will very much be optional.

If the players go into this match with the same attitude as the fans on this board, that's what we will see! Just reading through the mayo and Dublin threads, the bitterness is unreal between the fans!

It's hard to call. I felt Mayo threw the match away last week before they were 7 points down. They should have been ahead of Dublin and then suddenly they were 7 points down. Dublin threw it away once they were 7 up but they should never have been that far ahead anyway. For Mayo to win, they need better performances from McLoughlin, Doherty. Neither of them really deserve to start after last week but if they do start and aren't playing well, then Mayo management need to act fast! For Dublin, they need a vastly improved performance by their midfield. I'm gonna say Mayo by 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Dublin might as well call up Conor McGregor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mattser

What an example to young players. Couldn't care less who wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭mattser

Patww79 wrote: »

Absolutely. They make it up as they go along.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Dan Chipowski

Was there ever a doubt he'd be playing?

The GAA are some spineless shower when it comes to these things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

If Dublin play their game for 70+ minutes they'll win.

Once we dont see a settling of scores from last week and the ref stamps out any nonsense early on we should be ok for a decent game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,543 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I think Connolly will follow through with his mind your back threat and do someone an injury today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

Dublin will win her by 5 points, they will be switched on and won't give away silly frees.

• Advertisement
Advertisement