Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AIG new car insurance quote

Options
  • 29-08-2015 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭

I am looking to get a car insurance quote from AIG. One of their assumptions is that you are claims free for 6 years. Can anyone tell me if windscreen is seen as a claim? Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

It is a claim, but one that insurers usually ignore for rating and acceptance purposes. Does it not say something like.........'other than windscreen claims.......'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bromley52

It is a claim, but one that insurers usually ignore for rating and acceptance purposes. Does it not say something like.........'other than windscreen claims.......'

No it doesn't and I have not been able to find anything in the T&Cs etc. I will have to ring them on Monday. If I can't get a quote because of a simple windscreen claim...:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

bromley52 wrote: »
    No it doesn't and I have not been able to find anything in the T&Cs etc. I will have to ring them on Monday. If I can't get a quote because of a simple windscreen claim...:mad:

Windscreen cover is usualy free and does not affect your ncb. Never has for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,221 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Windscreen cover is not free, it still costs your insurance company money to replace a windscreen, just usually a bit cheaper than paying for it yourself. However a windscreen claim generally is not considered by most insurance company as a claim against your NCB even though it may be listed anyway. Best thing to do is ring them Monday for clarification though.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »

But when asked if you have had a claim, you must reply "yes".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

kbannon wrote: »
    But when asked if you have had a claim, you must reply "yes".

Ive never been asked if ive made a claim. Only how many ncb years i have. :)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Ive never been asked if ive made a claim. Only how many ncb years i have. :)

Fair enough. I'm usually asked on the phone if I have any claims or convictions within the last X years.
    The websites usually ask something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Its usually a question like "have you made a claim or been in an accident in the last 5 years?"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

123.ie now ask "any claims in last 4yrs including windscreen"

I clicked yes just to see and premium jumped €30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭To Elland Back

Whether it is free or affects your NCB is not the question. It is a claim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

bromley52 wrote: »
    I am looking to get a car insurance quote from AIG. One of their assumptions is that you are claims free for 6 years. Can anyone tell me if windscreen is seen as a claim? Cheers.

Am with AIG with a windscreen claim. your NCD is not affected but it is recorded as a windscreen claim. Likewise when I went for quote with another insurer with this information on my NCD they quoted me but included 25 euro for the windscreen claim.

Advertisement