Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'It Always Seems Impossible Until It's Done'

• 29-08-2015 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I still can't believe I'll be in Sixth year in less than five days. Everything is suddenly becoming so real so fast, I haven't even taken a moment to adjust yet. I remember when I was just in First year all my teachers would make the Junior Cert seem like it was the end of the world, but in reality it really wasn't a big deal compared to what I'm going to face next year.

I guess all along they've been preparing me for this.
    I think I'm more overwhelmed by the fact that I'll be going to University next September, than the actual Leaving Cert itself.

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying its not a big deal but I'm trying not to make a big deal out of it than it already is. Besides I think I already have plenty of people around me doing it on my behalf. It's safe to say that I'll be under a lot of pressure this year and I don't work well under pressure so I'm not exactly sure what to expect.I just think of the Leaving Cert as an obstacle I need to cross in order to reach my goal.

My ultimate goal is to obtain 500+ points in the Leaving Cert. You know what they say "Go big or go home"

I'm a very driven person and I believe anything is possible as long as I stay humble, positive and motivated.

My biggest fear this year has got to be PROCRASTINATION. It's this really bad habit I've acquired over the years. Yes I get distracted very easily and sometimes I can't seem to help myself. I'm sure I'll find my way around it. With all the pressure I'll be getting, I don't think I'll even have time to procrastinate from my studies.

Does anyone suffer from this? Or is it just me, which I highly doubt. I know I haven't mentioned what it is I wish to study in University yet. I haven't because I'm not sure yet. I know its very important to know at this stage because it'll motivate me even more. Since its something I'll be doing for the rest of my life shouldn't I take the time to decide long and hard?

Even if I don't end up doing whatever I decide on for the rest of my life, I still need to think about it nevertheless.

I believe I owe that to myself at the very least don't you think?

I think that will be all for today, I plan on writing daily if I have the time hopefully.

Advertisement