Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Infraction (AH Forum)

Options
  • 29-08-2015 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭

I received an infraction on the after hours forum for "trolling".

This is the topic thread in question: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057484785

Clearly I don't agree with this decision. I think it's overzealous modding at best. At worst, it's an attempt to silence a particular vein of discussion.

I can understand if the mod in question has misinterpreted my post to be something it's not.

But based on what was mentioned by pm, the mod's decision on this appears to have been heavily influenced by an unrelated warning I received last week. (Which I also feel was an unfair decision - but decided not to pursue as it was only a warning)

However, I feel my post in the above mentioned thread should be judged on it's own merits. Not unduly influenced by a past warning.

I think my post had some valid and worthwhile points. It was NOT an attempt to troll. And I would challenge the mod to prove otherwise.

I think this infraction was overly harsh, and should be removed.

Thank You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'll cut to the chase here. When you say...
    "At worst, it's an attempt to silence a particular vein of discussion."
    ...you are kind of right. However, we like to think of it as not allowing boards to be used as a platform for spewing this kind of objectionable bile.

And in relation to your previous warnings - both were bang on from my point of view. If anything, the mods have been somewhat lenient with you. Those posts were not funny & not clever. Cop on.

Infraction upheld. You may appeal to the Admin if you wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Let's cut to the quick here: upheld. That offensive, nonsense BS has no place on this site. Let this be a very clear warning to you

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement