Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Battery Pack

Options
  • 30-08-2015 1:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

I use my laptop a lot while travelling and one of the problems I face is low battery.

What are the best remedies for this if you don't have access to electricity?

Is it possible to get a battery pack of some sort that I could plug my laptop into that would last up to 10-12 hours.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭colossus-x

It doesn't make any sense to me to buy a battery pack.

What I would do is buy a second battery for your model of laptop.

I don't think it's a big deal to swap out the battery from your laptop to charge them up.

A battery is a 'battery pack' after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

colossus-x wrote: »
    It doesn't make any sense to me to buy a battery pack.

What I would do is buy a second battery for your model of laptop.

I don't think it's a big deal to swap out the battery from your laptop to charge them up.

A battery is a 'battery pack' after all.

I think I may of totally overlooked the obvious but ya that sounds like the ideal thing to do!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

William F wrote: »
    I think I may of totally overlooked the obvious but ya that sounds like the ideal thing to do!

It would mean you would have to shut down your laptop each time you do a swap though. With a battery pack you wouldn't need to do this.

Advertisement