Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea vs Manchester United Match Thread 30/8/15 k/o 16.00 Sky

• 30-08-2015 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

super-sunday-swansea-man-utd_3343119.jpg?20150828135500

2BBF7BF200000578-3211823-image-a-4_1440786174065.jpg

Key match stats (supplied by Opta)

Swansea City won both Premier League meetings with Man Utd last season, ending a run of eight league games without a win over them (D2 L6).

Manchester United have failed to score in three of their last five Premier League games on the road.

Swansea have won three of the last four meetings with Man Utd in all competitions, all by a 2-1 scoreline.

The Swans haven’t won back to back home Premier League games since November 2014.

Sergio Romero has started his Premier League career with three clean sheets – the last goalkeeper to keep four in his first four PL apps was Anders Lindegaard (Oct – Dec 2011).

Jonjo Shelvey (13) has created more goalscoring chances than any other player in the Premier League so far this season.

Manchester United have only allowed their opponents five shots on target in the Premier League this season; fewer than any other side.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

So what about today? Anyone really fancy us for the win? I genuinely think draw would be a decent result and i shouldn't be thinking like that at all. Smalling's been very good so far,if he can take care of Gomis we'll be halfway there and Darmian could have a big test in Montero. Hopefully Rooney's turned the corner but i doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

A draw will be a decent result for Utd today all things considered.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I hope Hererra is getting a crack at no.10 today. This could be the opportunity to nail down a starting position. I'm gonna go with 2-1 win Utd, Swansea are solid but I fancy us to edge them today. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Not confident at all against Swansea. They have excellent combination of Skill, pace and physicality, very good team and biggest test for ManUtd defense this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Darmian vs Montero is what I'm looking forward to.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Judging from the way other sets of supporters are interpreting things these days, either

A: Utd will win and be genuine contenders

B: Utd will draw due to LVG not fixing the clear issues through the transfer window and really a season of mediocrity is all that can be expected.

C: Utd will lose. Hmm LVG's just not right for the job really, is he. I mean long term, there's no way this guy is getting Utd back to the top.

Massive massive game so!

I can't imagine anyone thinks Utd will be genuine title contenders this season as things stand.

adox wrote: »
    I can't imagine anyone thinks Utd will be genuine title contenders this season as things stand.

I'm a Utd fan and a lot of my pals are too i'd say about half are confident we'll win the league or go very close. I call them the idiotic half :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

I'm a Utd fan and a lot of my pals are too i'd say about half are confident we'll win the league or go very close. I call them the idiotic half :pac:.

When you look at the competition after the 1st four games they might have a point

When you look at the competition after the 1st four games they might have a point

It has been a dreadful start really. Premiership's fair poor or the money in it. Still think there'll be at least 3 ahead of us come the seasons close.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

A win today would be fantastic before the international break. It would take a little bit of the pressure off the next game.

We have to start with Herrara in a more advanced position. The difference to our final third play when he switched there on Wednesday was immense.

If Ander starts and stays in that position, with no Adnan near the team, I fancy an away win.

If LVG persists with Adnan then a point would be a good result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

There have been just 7 home wins in 38 games so far this season

Come on United..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Were gonna win the league:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Hoping for a continuation of yesterdays results.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

If LVG persists with Adnan then a point would be a good result.

Adnan is out of the squad injured I thought?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If Ander starts and stays in that position, with no Adnan near the team, I fancy an away win.

If LVG persists with Adnan
    then a point would be a good result.

Januzaj is reported as injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

adox wrote: »

A club like United should always be aiming to challenge for the title, especially since all the money they've spent since Fergie left.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

1-1

Montero, Mata

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Ah lads leave the pessimistic one liners to the main thread! We're four games into the league, window still open and this is the match thread.

Trilla wrote: »
    Ah lads leave the pessimistic one liners to the main thread! We're four games into the league, window still open and this is the match thread.

If that's directed towards me, I was responding to the previous poster.

• Advertisement

• Still think lvg is unsure on who to select in attack

Would like to see herrera get a chance as support for Rooney
    Schniederlan and z German in midfield

Depay on the left

If all else fails bring on the big fella to score a header in injury time

Also, Mike Smallings to continue his outstanding form with another commanding performance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

A club like United should always be aiming to challenge for the title, especially since all the money they've spent since Fergie left.

But if we look at it in reality - rather than through a bubble where United are the only team spending money and no external factors are influencing things - this squad is likely not there yet. A good showing in the league (Top 3) and in the CL and maybe a domestic cup would be a good season for me and I'd say most United fans, given the reality of the squad right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

As for this game, I can't call it. United are at home and the superior team, but Swansea's high press and intensity and good pace throughout the team is our kryptonite.

I'll go 2-2 draw but a comfortable United win if they score early and Swansea need to abandon the game plan.

As for this game, I can't call it. United are at home and the superior team, but Swansea's high press and intensity and good pace throughout the team is our kryptonite.

I'll go 2-2 draw but a comfortable United win if they score early and Swansea need to abandon the game plan.

Utd are away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Swansea are at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

It will be a tough game but hopefully we can nick it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

The fact that Swansea will attack is a good thing for us

The fact that Swansea will attack is a good thing for us

Wasn't so good last season.

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Wasn't so good last season.

This isn't last season

• Advertisement

This isn't last season

Yeah, but Swansea team is same and improved just like United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

2-0 Swansea

Glazers Out!

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Yeah, but Swansea team is same and improved just like United.

Do I have to spell out what I'm trying to say , are you do naive . There's a reason why this United team will do well against the better teams and struggle against teams that put 10 men behind the ball , I fancy our chances much more today because Swansea will leave spaces at the back , when we played Newcastle a few weeks ago they played 10 men behind the ball , despite Swansea attacking us today I fully expect us to have the majority of possession

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Looks like herrera at number 10 lethope he puts in a performance that makes him undropable.

Montero out for swansea too that will be a loss.

• Advertisement

• jayo26 wrote: »

Delighted with that lineup

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Yehh same as mate. Good strong lineup and i think bastian and Schneiderlin will be a better mix playing deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Have you got Sky Sports on your boat? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Can't wait to see how this lineup performs, Uniteds strongest 11 imo ( bar a certain spanish goalkeeper :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

jayo26 wrote: »

Love the look of that line up.

• Advertisement

Rooney at 21/10 to score anytime is bet of the day.

He tends to go on runs over the years and confidence should be high

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

0-6

Fellaini off the bench with a double hattrick.

Do I have to spell out what I'm trying to say , are you do naive . There's a reason why this United team will do well against the better teams and struggle against teams that put 10 men behind the ball , I fancy our chances much more today because Swansea will leave spaces at the back , when we played Newcastle a few weeks ago they played 10 men behind the ball , despite Swansea attacking us today I fully expect us to have the majority of possession

No, you are just being naive thinking it's a best chance for United as Swansea attack, when truth is there are higher chances they will score than United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Coutinho got sent off yesterday,Montero cried off injured today,players will do anything to avoid facing Darmian.:pac:

• astradave wrote: »
    Have you got Sky Sports on your boat? :D

****ing ESPN on the boat :(

I'm streaming it on the iPad
    With a cocktail :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Blind will be targeted, hopefully he doesn't get isolated against Gomis or there could be trouble.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Shelvey will either score or get sent off.

Toughest game now for Blind up against the beast that is Gomis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

3-1 to the Swans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Oh lovely play..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Good start from United

• Advertisement
Advertisement