Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Swansea vs Manchester United Match Thread 30/8/15 k/o 16.00 Sky

123457»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Lol, delighted, that chubby German is useless as is the man that doesn't know his name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,829 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

xabi wrote: »
    Lol, delighted, that chubby German is useless as is the man that doesn't know his name

What?

Title challenging team worried about a mid table club like Liverpool??

Swansea are a very good team but they wont challenge for the title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Title challenging team worried about a mid table club like Liverpool??

What are you basing that on that they are a title challenging team ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

xabi wrote: »

This is the post that comes back to haunt you. thanks for the quote :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

What are you basing that on that they are a title challenging team ?

Sarcasm detector??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Quite the philosophy on show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Rooney looks a shadow of himself. He was put through twice - once by shaw and once through a long ball and hesitated both times. Looks to have lost a yard of pace over the summer.

Depay had an awful game. Looked almost disinterested. No idea why mata was taken off ahead of him.

The sooner this window shuts and we can get DDG back between the sticks the better.

Also - where is the tempo gone that was evident in the first half against Bruges. We need to play at a much much higher tempo. Frustrating having to sit on that performance for 2 weeks now.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Does Van Gal tell the players to hit the long ball to Fellani or do they just do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Very interesting stat: No team has beaten Manchester United more times today than Swansea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

United look to be neutured. Swansea played really well again though. Gomis and Ayew aren't just tanks, they can really play. Great close control from Gomis for the chance that rolled wide and the pass from Ayew for the second goal, real quality up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Does Van Gal tell the players to hit the long ball to Fellani or do they just do it?

100% it's a tactic Van Gael has decided on. When you bring Fellaini on and use him as a striker only one thing is going to happen and that is 20 minutes of route one football. He brought Carrick on for Schneiderlin because he switches play quicker and Young on for Mata down the right so he can go down the outside and get crosses into the box. These things weren't a coincidence, all entirely planned.

The concerning thing for Man Utd is that this is Van Gaal's go-to tactic at Man Utd when searching for a goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

100% it's a tactic Van Gael has decided on. When you bring Fellaini on and use him as a striker only one thing is going to happen and that is 20 minutes of route one football. He brought Carrick on for Schneiderlin because he switches play quicker and Young on for Mata down the right so he can go down the outside and get crosses into the box. These things weren't a coincidence, all entirely planned.

The concerning thing for Man Utd is that this is Van Gaal's go-to tactic at Man Utd when searching for a goal.

Schneiderlin was on a booking. I'm sure that had something to do with that sub.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

League makes no sense. Too many teams getting beaten by teams that have invested little
    in personnel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

I'm not endorsing it but it was only 2 weeks ago it came good and it wasn't like united were getting anywhere with what they were doing. I can't imagine another tactical change that would have had a bearing on the result because the players are so invested in the 'philosophy', unconscious 'competence' etc. Besides hoofing to fellaini, other tactical changes would see them basically playing the same way.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Schneiderlin was on a booking. I'm sure that had something to do with that sub.

It might have played a part given that the holding midfielder may have been required to make a tactical foul given Swansea were countering pretty well at the time but I do think Van Gael was already lining up the Fellaini change and Carrick providing supply to Young was part of that.

I'm not endorsing it but it was only 2 weeks ago it came good and it wasn't like united were getting anywhere with what they were doing. I can't imagine another tactical change that would have had a bearing on the result because the players are so invested in the 'philosophy', unconscious 'competence' etc. Besides hoofing to fellaini, other tactical changes would see them basically playing the same way.

I would say that of Van Gaal's options on the bench, Fellaini was the most likely to cause an impact on the game (and he did given that the last 20 minutes of Man Utd's attacking play was centered around him). I also agree that anyone else on that bench probably wouldn't have changed very much in Man Utd's approach (an argument could be made for Hernandez but given how deep Swansea were I don't think his running in behind was required at that stage). I would say though the fact that setting up your team for route one football to Fellaini when your chasing a game is a comment on the sorry state of the current Man Utd squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

It consistently amazes me how Utd fans get shocked at Liverpool fans' delight at Utd losses, just like it amazes me that Liverpool fans are shocked when Utd fans delight in Liverpool losses.

Newsflash: fans like it when longtime rival teams lose.

I do love how Van Gaal speaks to journalists

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I do love how Van Gaal speaks to journalists

Total opposite here,i think he lacks class.

• Advertisement

I like it. Sky Sports journos looking for controversial comment need to be taken down a peg or two every so often

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

SlickRic wrote: »
    It consistently amazes me how Utd fans get shocked at Liverpool fans' delight at Utd losses, just like it amazes me that Liverpool fans are shocked when Utd fans delight in Liverpool losses.

I agree mate sure if we cant have banter and accept it whats the point in supporting a team.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Diabolical display after Swansea drew level, having controlled the game......Rooney needs to be benched and an out and out striker bought. Very poor game from Depay too.....nothing happening in the final third only confusion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

SlickRic wrote: »

Club rivalries are part of the fun. Some people just take it too seriously / personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

There's nothing less important than "class" in being a football manager, such a nonsense concept

There's nothing less important than "class" in being a football manager, such a nonsense concept

If you say so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Why is it nonsense they are the main representative of any football club. Looks at the likes of Ancellotti the man is class all over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

rarnes1 wrote: »
    I like it. Sky Sports journos looking for controversial comment need to be taken down a peg or two every so often

That's fair enough but doing it when responding to a perfectly normal question is pointless in my opinion. He must be feeling the pressure a bit now.

niallo27 wrote: »
    That's fair enough but doing it when responding to a perfectly normal question is pointless in my opinion. He must be feeling the pressure a bit now.

It's not as if he's poking opponents in the eye! He seems to have had comtempt for journos for years. I'd say he's feeling pressure alright. However, he's in the game a long time and knows the crack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Utd should have signed Jack Cork.

Anyway, 66% possession so no serious problems..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

MOTD 2 is on BBC 1 at 10:30pm for anyone wants to catch the highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭Sanity_Saviour

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why is it nonsense they are the main representative of any football club. Looks at the likes of Ancellotti the man is class all over.

Theyre not there to win the "Nice Guy award", they're there to win football games.

I'm sure he is a "classy" class man, but he's also not in a job at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Should be an FA inquiry into Swansea changing their shape today - that kind of behaviour needs to be stamped out of the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Only seeing the highlights now. Swansea are absolute class. Gomis and Ayew are just magic together.

A really good team and are deserving of their recent successes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,500 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fair play to Swansea great side with a great manager

Our attack has some serious issues, Gona be some funny panic transfer headlines later

Glorious result.
    Hilarious result.

As you'd say yourself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Will de gea be kept? Has the relationship broken down there?
    Romero was like a zombie for that second goal...

Advertisement