Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative to Maldron Newlands Cross for Sunday afternoon drinks/food?

Options
  • 30-08-2015 9:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Every now and then I meet up with a friend to catch up. We always go to Bewleys Newlands Cross (now the Maldron) for some wine and maybe a snack in the bar, as it's normally quiet enough in there.

I'm just looking for some alternatives, somewhere else to go in West Dublin where we can have some wine and maybe a bite to eat, without it being a full restaurant, and without having to shout over any sports on big TVs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks...

J.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Have you tried Pandinis across the road, that idea really nice and same location. Green Isle too, though not sure what food is like. Coming down to clondalkin there is a great coffee shop restaurant in Bawnogue called Honeycomb .great place for a bite to eat and catch up. The other of course is Avoca

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Birdsong wrote: »
    Have you tried Pandinis across the road, that idea really nice and same location. Green Isle too, though not sure what food is like. Coming down to clondalkin there is a great coffee shop restaurant in Bawnogue called Honeycomb .great place for a bite to eat and catch up. The other of course is Avoca

Pandinis is a nice little gem

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭jasonb

Great, thanks for the suggestions!

J.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Finnstown House is perfect for what you want!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Heroditas wrote: »
    Finnstown House is perfect for what you want!

What's that like these days?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,498 ✭✭✭Heroditas

What's that like these days?

I'd avoid it like the plague for functions but it's still very pleasant to go for a Sunday afternoon if you want a drink in the bar or sit upstairs in the lounge.
    I know a few people who stayed there overnight recently and they said it was lovely.

Their event management is just $hite though!

Advertisement