Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RTE One HD and RTE One+1 launch on Sky

14567810»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭medoc

irishfeen wrote: »
    Great to see the Player on sky but the picture quality is diabolical - one of the worst i have ever seen on the platform :(

It only downloads in SD which wouldn't be too bad if it was of a good quality. But it is a very poor resolution. Using the other catch up's gives an option to pick either SD or HD with the SD been a decent quality. Hopefully RTÉ get a HD option soon. Better than nothing I suppose seeing as it took them ages to get this far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭twinklerunner

irishfeen wrote: »
    Great to see the Player on sky but the picture quality is diabolical - one of the worst i have ever seen on the platform :(

Totally agree, unwatchable imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭galtee boy

Fair play to Vodafone TV, their 7 day catch up service is HD on RTE.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 Johnmuck

Totally agree, unwatchable imho.

RTE quality shines through again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Agree with the poor quality. Did they not check this before they launched it and in this "day and age" HD should have been made available from launch.

• Advertisement

That's Rte for you, tight gits!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,321 ✭✭✭✭muffler

There's a thread on this very topic over in the Sky talk to forum and people should really be heading over there and telling Sky what they think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Don't ya know, it will be rte's fault, sky would say....and rte will say it's....I'll leave you to work out that one;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

pegasus1 wrote: »
    Don't ya know, it will be rte's fault, sky would say....and rte will say it's....I'll leave you to work out that one;)

I think it's definitely RTE's fault as their player on their website platform is poor quality. Sky should have insisted on HD though.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

galtee boy wrote: »
    Fair play to Vodafone TV, their 7 day catch up service is HD on RTE.

This is in HD, because it isn't using RTE's services I believe. Instead Vodafones servers are recording all the supported channels simultaneously and it is playback from these recordings.

Virgin's catch up service works the same way.
    muffler wrote: »
    There's a thread on this very topic over in the Sky talk to forum and people should really be heading over there and telling Sky what they think about it.
    pegasus1 wrote: »

This is completely RTE's fault. Their online service has fallen way behind. Their streaming service is only supporting SD on all platforms.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

just ran through the listings on the player on the skybox again...all national programs bar one..Neighbours..

Advertisement