Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Forwarding

Options
  • 30-08-2015 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I'm trying to set up Port forwarding on my Cisco EPC3925 without much success.
    I need to set it up to use with my Heatmiser thermostat, it was working fine up until recently but we had to change modems, and now I can't get it to work at all.

Here's a screenshot of of the Port Forwarding page of our router:

Comments

greyc wrote: »
    I'm trying to set up Port forwarding on my Cisco EPC3925 without much success.
    I need to set it up to use with my Heatmiser thermostat, it was working fine up until recently but we had to change modems, and now I can't get it to work at all.

Here's a screenshot of of the Port Forwarding page of our router:

That looks good, you can test it at the following link http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/open-ports/

You could also place that IP in the DMZ (if your happy having that device completely open)

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭greyc

Thanks for the reply. I've tried the check and it's saying that port 80 is still closed even after putting the IP address in DMZ

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Cycle the power and see if the changes remain.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Cycle the power and see if the changes remain.

I've done that and the changes are there, but Port 80 is still showing as closed

Can you hit hit 192.168.1.15 on a web browser in your own network.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Make sure you have not been transferred to DS-lite after the modem switch. Does the modem give you a WAN address?

NoDrama wrote: »
    Can you hit hit 192.168.1.15 on a web browser in your own network.

Nothing happens it just times out. I used this previously on the old modem when setting up the Heatmiser so just assumed i can use it agan

Nothing happens it just times out. I used this previously on the old modem when setting up the Heatmiser so just assumed i can use it agan

Are you sure that the Heatmiser is on that address now? The old modem might have assigned this address but the new one wouldn't necessarily give it the same one.

Also check that your modem is not in DS-Lite mode, check the WAN IP address to confirm.

Karsini wrote: »
    Are you sure that the Heatmiser is on that address now? The old modem might have assigned this address but the new one wouldn't necessarily give it the same one.

Also check that your modem is not in DS-Lite mode, check the WAN IP address to confirm.

I've a problem changing the new SSID and Password on the Heatmiser unit, when I connect it to my macbook the Config Txt file says that it can't save changes as there's no space available. It's in Fat12 format which I think isn't supported in OSX eventhough I originally set it up using my Mac last year. i've emailed Heatmiser and hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow.

How do I check for DS-Lite mode?

Check the dhcp pool on the router or do a netscan with https://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/ to see if it has been assigned another IP address and then see if you can hit it..

• Advertisement

I've a problem changing the new SSID and Password on the Heatmiser unit, when I connect it to my macbook the Config Txt file says that it can't save changes as there's no space available. It's in Fat12 format which I think isn't supported in OSX eventhough I originally set it up using my Mac last year. i've emailed Heatmiser and hopefully they'll get back to me tomorrow.

How do I check for DS-Lite mode?

Look at the Status pages, the gateway tab (I think). Post a screenshot of that.

I'm away from the computer for the next few hours I'll send screenshots when I get home

Look at the Status pages, the gateway tab (I think). Post a screenshot of that.

Is this the page?

NoDrama wrote: »
    Check the dhcp pool on the router or do a netscan with https://www.softperfect.com/products/networkscanner/ to see if it has been assigned another IP address and then see if you can hit it..

I couldn't get that link to open it seems to be only for Windows

Nope not it, I'd post how but my Cisco router is in bridge mode.

Post on the UPC forum here on boards and ask to be taken off of DS-lite so you can forward ports. If you're not on it, they will let you know.

http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

• Registered Users Posts: 23 riskavarian

blue iris for ip camera

So initially i installed the blue iris software on my laptop with the license.
    I then connected to the android app. All was working fine.

Now I transferred the license to my pc. On my laptop now i have the demo version of blue iris.

In my router when i set the router target address to be the laptop(windows 10 - blue iris is allowed in firewall) ip and the app to the same ip as laptop the app works. The port 81 is open on the router.

However, when i change the router address to be the pc ip address in the router i get an error when testing the port 81.(BLUE IRIS on pc has been configured)

So by simply changing the ip address from my laptop ip to my pc ip in the router, my port 81 goes from open to closed/error.

Do you know what is going on here? How to fix this?

Advertisement