Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football

• 30-08-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Can someone please help me out with how the season works? Particularly with Kildare. When does the club season start and end and what does that season entail?(championship/league/cups?) and also the county season like the league and how that works into the All Ireland? I am finding it hard to get information on how it all works online I don't really understand it? Does the club season run along with the County season or does one end and the other begin? Anything at all to help me out I would appreciate it thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Club season in Kildare begins with 3 pre-season cup competitions. Aldridge Cup (senior), Keogh Cup (intermediate) and Dowling Cup (junior). These start at the beginning of February and run for 5 weeks. 3 group games, semi final and final.

The league starts around the start of April and consists of 15 games, top 2 gain promotion and contest a league final. This finishes up around August.

The championship depends on how well Kildare do. Round 1 is usually played two weeks after Kildare's league campaign ends, around May. It doesn't restart until 2/3 weeks after Kildare are knocked out of the championship. Usually it ends up around late September.

Advertisement