Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed attached to the house 2m fence.

Options
  • 30-08-2015 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi guys.

My very first post.

I would like to attache a shed to one of my 2m wall. We are last house in the estate and after that fence there is only a road. No neighbours. Shed would be 0,5m tooler than fence wall. Is that permited? Or I cant do it?

Thank you.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Work away so long as you comply with the requirements for a Class 3 exempted development otherwise you'll need Planning Permission.
    http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/2001/en/si/0600.html#sched2

PS if the shed is attached to the house then Class 1 applies instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭cletus

If it's ok I'd like to jump in with a few questions here myself.

First, would these rules apply to a permanent pergola type structure, where the front is open, but the sides consist of the wall of the house and the boundary wall between two houses.

If so, would the following come into play as a class 1 structure

". Any above ground floor extension shall be a distance of not less than 2 metres from any party boundary."

Lastly, if the above does not apply because of the type of structure, would the fact that the structure raises the height of the boundary wall by 20" have any impact re planning

Advertisement