Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New installation: Wired Alarm System

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The best way to wire them is using duel eol with the 2k2 resistors that came with the panel.
    This will give you independent alarm, tamper and short notifications on the same zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 quinzswein

Hi, I would like to get information on home security system installation. I want to see who is there coming to my home even if I am not there. Also the security system should provide full protection for the weak points of our door — the jamb, the lock area and the hinges and should keep intruders on the outside :). While searching online, I found Protection Plus Security Solutions= and going to contact them. Any suggestions?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If you are looking at Phonewatch have a good read over the forum here.
    It's a closed protocol system with no option to switch or shop around in the future for monitoring service or parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Meteor67

Just to get this right:

Wire ---- Tamper Contact ---- 2.2k ---- Alarm Contact ---- Wire

Another 2.2k parallel to the Alarm Contact.

Then the setting in the SPC on Dual 2.2 / 2.2k and type on Alarm.

Why not the 4.7k?

Meteor67 wrote: »
    Just to get this right:

Wire ---- Tamper Contact ---- 2.2k ---- Alarm Contact ---- Wire

Another 2.2k parallel to the Alarm Contact.

Then the setting in the SPC on Dual 2.2 / 2.2k and type on Alarm.

Why not the 4.7k?

Beacause you are using 2k2 resistors.

• Advertisement

Guess I should have asked different:

I didn't mean why to set it at 2.2k. I understand that your setting has to match the resistors you are actually using. I meant to ask why 2.2k resistors should be used instead of the 4.7k ones.

On the other side I was reading somewhere to take 1k and 2.2k ones.

With other words: What are the pro and con's of the different resistors?

No difference.

How do I connect a HKC SABB having only 4 wires?

Its a second box so the siren wouldn't be required. But would like to have the LED's and of cause the strobe.

Meteor67 wrote: »
    How do I connect a HKC SABB having only 4 wires?

Its a second box so the siren wouldn't be required. But would like to have the LED's and of cause the strobe.

Panel. ............SABB
    Bell +.............. Bell +&Strobe +
    TR from 1st bell without resistor ............... BHO
    Bell -................ Bell - & Strobe -
    TR....................TR with resistor.

Hi All, Hi KoolKid,

Its time to thank you for your help and support.

My system is up and running, I can setup the panel via the browser and the app is a great tool to check what's going on when an email notifies me about an event.

Everyday is a school day and I think that so far I am learning every day something new about the system.

What's left now is optimising the complete process. I am going through the settings and try to make sense out of them. The browser access is a great help here and I think it's much better and easier to use then the SPC software. Saying this the software was a great tool to start with.

Are there any recommended settings which are important, especially regards the remote access and the reporting? I am going through the various pages in this forum but I can see that some hints aren't valid anymore as they are quite old.

On the long term I think to look into getting SMS messages parallel to event emails to make sure to get the information as fast as possible. Is there any new development going in this direction?

• Advertisement

Hi
    Glad you got it up and running.
    There is a lot in the browser. I would start with setting up the polling.
    Goto communication>FlexC> Click the edit icon on the ATS settings & Click the edit icon again when the next box appears.
    Now set polling to Cat 4 or Cat 5 . This will give you network fail notifications after 3 minutes. If you want better select Cat 5 or cat 6.
    In SPC Connect.com now enable alerts for set/unset & network.
    This will also give you the smash & grab alerts.
    If you need any more guidance on it please come back to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 garry gold

I have a Siemens SPK 521 - 100 touch keypad,

The keypad keeps freezing I E the buttons become unresponsive the buttons will do nothing at all.

Is there anything els i have to do to remedy this issue? has anyone els experienced this problem with this keypad?

Any help very much appreciated.

Place your full palm on the keypad and hold it there for 20_30 seconds untill the keypad lights up again.This will recalibrate the touch. If this doesn't work replace the unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

garry gold wrote: »
    I have a Siemens SPK 521 - 100 touch keypad,

The keypad keeps freezing I E the buttons become unresponsive the buttons will do nothing at all.

Is there anything els i have to do to remedy this issue? has anyone els experienced this problem with this keypad?

Any help very much appreciated.

We don't install them anymore as we've had too many problems like yours. I'd say you'll eventually end up taking it out and installing a regular keypad.

I have replaced a couplecouple of them. But nothing out of the ordinary for the ammount used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

KoolKid wrote: »
    I have replaced a couplecouple of them. But nothing out of the ordinary for the ammount used.

I've installed about six, including my own house and have taken five back out as they weren't working correctly. I don't offer them as an option anymore.

Advertisement