Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking about going to UCC next year?

• 30-08-2015 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I'm new to Boards so I'm not exactly sure about everything but anyway,
    I know it's probably a bit early to be posting this but I'm sitting my Leaving Cert in June of 2016 and I am interested in studying Criminology.
    As Cork is the only place that does this course and I live in Kildare, I'm a bit worried about how things will work out.
    I'm not sure how the whole grant scheme works but I doubt I'll be eligible for one anyway, is there any other way of getting money for accommodation? Or do you think there would be a good chance of me getting a part time job while down there that could help pay in any way?
    Also as I'm not in Cork I'm finding it hard to decide on which place to stay. I've looked into Farranlea and that seems to be the best option? But then it says that deposits should be sent in as soon as possible, and I only get my results in August, so I'm afraid that there'll be nowhere to stay by the time I know if I can even go or not? Also could anyone give me an estimate on how much rent would be?
    I know there's a slot in this but I realise I know nothing about this whole college situation and it's already stressing me out lol.
    Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong forum.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement