Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should be expecting (40sqm extension)

Options
  • 30-08-2015 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

I've been in and out of here for the past few years looking for advice and prices.

Our engineer is off preparing plans at the moment so we hope to go for tender soon.

In total it is 40sqm, 25sqm of livable space and 15sqm of garage.

The livable space will be partly kitchen and sitting room, will involve opening up a wall 2.5m and moving the mains water and points for the cooker (all little added extras to the cost)
    The sitting room is nothing special, we would be providing all windows, external doors, flooring, basically getting it built to a builders finish (although I'm starting to believe there is no set agreement on what exactly this is)

The garage, again is nothing special but would like it fully insulated.

Our engineer reckons it will come in around the 1k per sqm, although I'm expecting it to come in a bit more, is this still a realistic price to be looking at, it seems to have been averaging around this for quite some time now

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

About 1200-1500 per meter depending on location and finish

Advertisement