Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin v Mayo AI SF RTÉ 3:30pm MOD WARNING #634

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭Rega

Football's in a bad way if these are two of the better footballing teams in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭Hibbeler

Has Pep Guardiola been training this Dublin team recently?

I'd say Jim Gavin would love the comparison to Barcelona under Pep!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Enjoyable first half. Mayo still in it with all those frees, an early Mayo goal will ensure an even more interesting second half.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭mullyboyee

Mayo can't score from play. Not gonna win relying on frees.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Mcquillan gave the 2012 all ireland to dublin with that cluxton free,i know how you mayo lads feel.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

All to play for at the half. That play in the 35th minute where Dublin just passed the ball around at the back was just infuriating to watch. Can see O'Shea getting a goal from one of those high balls if Dublin don't change something at the back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Dublin seem to think that they are playing Aussie rules ,they have been filthy today .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Mayo have only scored one point from play.

Can't be blaming the referee for being behind at half time.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Rega wrote: »
    Football's in a bad way if these are two of the better footballing teams in the country.

good point, I havent watched much this year but its poor, two outfield players telling their team mate to play a ball 40 yards back to the keeper - I'd be embarrased.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.
    Patww79 wrote: »

Sure you are:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,210 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Not a big gaa fan, but that was poor quality stuff. After all the hype as well.

Looking forward to seeing what the panel say about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Rega wrote: »

Terrible referee:
    - Dublin get a pen when it was outside the box
    - Mayo denied a clear pen, arms around him.
    - Dublin number 2 corner back should be off for a disgraceful tackle
    - Dublin should of had a black card also for pulling the Jersey clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

naughtb4 wrote: »
    All Mayos scores but one have been frees, but if that doesnt fit your agenda....

The moaning against the referee is pathetic tbh

This is a discussion forum on the match. The most obvious talking point has been the bias of the ref towards Dublin. It seems to be what the vast majority have noticed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

All Mayos scores but one have been frees, but if that doesnt fit your agenda....

He has to give the obvious ones or else his character could be called into question.

He's letting a lot go for Dublin further out the field imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Icaras wrote: »
    good point, I havent watched much this year but its poor, two outfield players telling their team mate to play a ball 40 yards back to the keeper - I'd be embarrased.

Why?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

How on Earth was the jersey pull not a black card? As cynical as you're going to get. Big changes in rules and refereeing needed, refs don't seem to know what they're at most of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

Very poor game. Dublin's passing in their half and susequent loss of possession was stupid of them before the end of that half. If they wanna win this thing they better use their possession better. Mayo need to learn to kick pass if they have any hope.n

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

- Dublin should of had a black card also for pulling the Jersey clearly.
    That's not a black card offence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

Mcquillan gave the 2012 all ireland to dublin with that cluxton free,i know how you mayo lads feel.

2011 All-Ireland and it was definitely a free tbf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Dublin seem to think that they are playing Aussie rules ,they have been filthy today .

Mayo started it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Half time:

Mayo not functioning. Too concerned with what the dubs are doing that trying to play their own game. All over the place in the back. Too keen to utilise route one into O'Shea who is sitting on top of Cluxton which Dublin are coping with having men back, this is causing unforced errors from Mayo as they look for another option which isn't on.

Donie Vaughan is a huge loss naturally, as shame.

Very sloppy, error strewn niggly game from both sides. McQuillan contrary to the mass hysteria on here has been fine. Aside from possibly dishing out a yellow card to COS for a jersey tug he has gotten most of the decisions right. That was not a penalty for AOS, Initially I thought it may have been but he's slipped and has gone to ground very easily.

Mayo need to mix it up here second half. Dublin are easily keeping the scoreboard ticking over and Mayo are just about being kept in it by handy frees.

The Dubs need to sort out their fouling too, piss poor in the tackle in bad areas.

Mayo being destroyed by that kickout being swung out to the extreme sides of the 21 and working it back over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

That's not a black card offence though.

It's not but it's very cynical and we do need an amendment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Dubin are playing very well and Paul Flynn is having some game.His foot passing is simply exquisite .

Mayo need to push up on Dublins kick outs have everyone marked and force Cluxton to kick long backing off has not worked so far they need to try and make the kick out a contested.

Dublin are fouling a lot as part of their defensive plan in my opinion and it is sort of working as Mayo haven't been let get a goal chance.

Cluxton has dealt very well with all the high balls and has looked at his ease.

Aidan O'Shea as has been mentioned countless times by Paul Earley is completely isolated and Mayo's management need to do something about it.

Paddy Andrews is having an excellent game the best he's played in a while and although Kilkenny isn't massively involved in the overall play he still seems to always be able to find a bit of space and has got 3 lovely scores.Shows how good a footballer he is that he can have a quiet game and still score 3 points in the first half.

I don't think it was a penalty it was outside the square but to be honest it's hard to blame the ref as it looked a penalty to me at first view.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,257 ✭✭✭Peist2007

Mayo have only scored one point from play.

Can't be blaming the referee for being behind at half time.

The frees they got and scored were all fouls except the one on Keegan where i felt he went to down across the Dub defender to buy a free. The incidents missed are all game changing incidents ie penalty outside box, red card for cooper and black for o'sullivan. To think those two things arent mutually exclusive is worrying to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭The_Honeybadger

Can't believe Mayo are not trying to shut cluxton down on the kickouts. They are really making it easy for Dublin. One point from play in 35 minutes is not AI winning form either. They need to reorganise at half time and push up. They are at nothing the way they are playing.

Ref doing his best to reinforce his reputation as a Dublin fan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

Aw joe ya legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭ultrapercy

He gave a penalty for a foul outside the box, marginal but understandable. Johnny Cooper staying on the pitch after a violent act of thuggery is not understandable. Ref is pro Dublin but on overly, we expect that. He is very picky about fouling the ball but only when it's Mayo in possession.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭lalababa

A disgrace to the GAA and the referee . The amount of fouling is epic. The amount of steps i.e. fouling the ball is epic. It's almost impossible to achieve a legal tackle if the opponent is allowed more than 4 steps. I've seen it regularly today, guy's taking 10 steps. GAA could be a lot better. No wonder parents are stopping kids playing it with the win at all costs mentality from div. 1 down to div. 6b.
    Other than that Mayo should contest the kick outs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭tanko

"A big load of sh1te" well said Brolly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Seems to be a definite tactic by dublin to pull down mayo runners and keep them outside goal range . Should have a couple of black cards already.
    Defo penalty for mayo also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

As a neutral it seems the GAA refs are doing Mayo no favours at all.
    Last year they were rode in both matches against Kerry ,today they are being rode again.

Why do the GAA always favour the big teams ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,358 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Did Joe just say if it was Tyrone v Monaghan, we'd say it's been a big load of $h1t€?

Brilliant! And true.

That was no penalty for Dublin, surprised it was brushed over so quickly

Some amount of cynicism and fouling creeping into gaelic football. The future doesn't look good.

Joe right, ulster teams would be ripped to bits for playing like this.

tanko wrote: »
    "A big load of sh1te" well said Brolly.

Is he watching the same game I;m watching because it;s been a really exciting game so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Poor game from both sides

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Fireball07 wrote: »
    It's not but it's very cynical and we do need an amendment.
    Absolutely. And personally I think it should have been a yellow. But people screaming black card for that offence just highlights their lack of knowledge on the black card rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Three in it at the break. Joe McQuillan the difference between the teams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Icaras

Why?

Id expect my team to push on and try and score more rather than try and run down the clock, especially when they are so strongly on top - its not often a team dominates for 60mins and when the dominate they should be tring to extend their lead.

I think Dublin will win by 5+ - will alway just do enough to stay ahead rather than put Mayo to the sword as they say.

Peist2007 wrote: »
    The frees they got and scored were all fouls except the one on Keegan where i felt he went to down across the Dub defender to buy a free. The incidents missed are all game changing incidents ie penalty outside box, red card for cooper and black for o'sullivan. To think those two things arent mutually exclusive is worrying to be honest.

The referee is not aimlessly kicking the ball in the direction of the Dublin goal

• Advertisement

Is he watching the same game I;m watching because it;s been a really exciting game so far.

You serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Mayo need to mix up the tactics up front. O shea tries to catch every ball in, so maybe get him to knock down to runners instead. It's just too comfortable for the dublin defence atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

What's joe saying I'm watching sky sports?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,333 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Really. Thought it's been a poor game.

NIMAN wrote: »
    You serious?

Yeah.

It's been a great battle so far.Up and down the field both teams going for it and there has been some really good football being played.

Icaras wrote: »
    Id expect my team to push on and try and score more rather than try and run down the clock, especially when they are so strongly on top - its not often a team dominates for 60mins and when the dominate they should be tring to extend their lead.

I think Dublin will win by 5+ - will alway just do enough to stay ahead rather than put Mayo to the sword as they say.

Thanks for the response, I have no problem with running down the clock. Dublin were 4 points up, if they had kept it for longer they would have kept tha advantage instead they tried to force it and lost the ball.

I think possession like that is a useful tool for reducing the others teams morale, going in after chasing the ball for 2 mins and not getting a sniff would have to get to you

You get all you deserve for watching sky

rarnes1 wrote: »
    That was no penalty for Dublin, surprised it was brushed over so quickly

To be fair Spillane didnt agree with Brolly and said he thought it was outside. I'm sure they will expand more on TSG

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Really. Thought it's been a poor game.

Good game so far in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement