Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not right

Options
  • 30-08-2015 4:29pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭

This is not on. Seriously. I was commenting on the World championships in athletics and I've been banned. My reputation has preceded me. It's not on. I've done nothing wrong.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you attempted to resolve your dispute with the mod who banned you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭noway12345

He gave me no answer. I want this case taken on it's own merits. My past behaviour was awful but I told them that I changed my ways. I did nothing wrong here, this is wrong.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You were banned less than 2 hours ago.

Anyway, I think you've wasted enough mod time already - I see the mod has had to delete every post you made in the forum today. That's at least 16 posts in a single thread. Did you read the charter before posting in the Athletics/Running forum?

Beasty wrote: »
    You were banned less than 2 hours ago.

Anyway, I think you've wasted enough mod time already - I see the mod has had to delete every post you made in the forum today. That's at least 16 posts in a single thread. Did you read the charter before posting in the Athletics/Running forum?

Yes!!!! Can you see the posts he's deleted? Tell me one thing I did wrong. Someone wanted me to tell them about people I suspected of taking drugs and I refused because I knew it was against the charter. I was just commenting on the athletics because I was watching the World championships at the time. I didn't abuse anyone, I made my point fairly and honestly. Others disagreed and there was no problem. This is not on, I'm being punished for past misdemeanors. I promised that I'd change my ways and straight away I got banned just because the mod looked at my past history. I can't be banned when I did nothing wrong.

If you had read the charter you will have seen this:
    •No doping talk! Please no speculation on which athletes may be doping
    That is no doping talk - All 16 of your posts broke the charter which is why they were deleted. Not only were you talking doping, but you also pointed the finger at one performance today as well as making general comments about performances throughout the World Championships. In doing so, you managed to wind up other posters and drag them into the topic you raised

As I've already indicated you've already wasted a lot of mod time, as they had to clean up the mess you created

In the circumstances I am not seeing any reason to overturn your 2 day ban (which in my view is arguably quite lenient for the trouble you caused within the forum today)

• Advertisement

Beasty wrote: »
    If you had read the charter you will have seen this:

That is no doping talk - All 16 of your posts broke the charter which is why they were deleted. Not only were you talking doping, but you also pointed the finger at one performance today as well as making general comments about performances throughout the World Championships. In doing so, you managed to wind up other posters and drag them into the topic you raised

As I've already indicated you've already wasted a lot of mod time, as they had to clean up the mess you created

In the circumstances I am not seeing any reason to overturn your 2 day ban (which in my view is arguably quite lenient for the trouble you caused within the forum today)

That clearly says that you don't speculate on which athletes are doping. I didn't, I made sure I didn't as I read the charter. If you read the rest of the thread you will see that others have made posts like mine. So obviously there was nothing wrong with that kind of post. It's my reputation counting against me, pure and simple. Even a poster brought it up in thread.
    I'm to blame for that reputation but this isn't fair!

It clearly states do not discuss doping and you came into the forum solely to raise the topic of doping

Ban upheld

You may request an Admin to review my decision if you wish

Advertisement