Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

• 30-08-2015 5:38pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Bout to be a very fun 48 hours....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Every club in Europe making sure their fax machine has toner !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

s8n wrote: »

We won't sign anyone, too late to get the quality required. Letting Hernandez go without cover is baffling.

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

s8n wrote: »

And adding zeroes to their prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Smegball

This is a ****ing joke. We were comfortable before Rooney fannying about again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So another game we need a goal, and no sign of Hernandez and Wilson, yet people will argue we have replaced RVP and Falcao with Hernandez and we are fine. Yeah. Good one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Surely the end of Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

J. Marston wrote: »

Unfortunately no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Has Rooney no left foot? Fcuking hell!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

So another game we need a goal, and no sign of Hernandez and Wilson, yet people will argue we have replaced RVP and Falcao with Hernandez and we are fine. Yeah. Good one.

And where is Fellaini playing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

J. Marston wrote: »

and play who upfront? how did the club get itself in to this situation

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Get ready for it.

meltdown.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,771 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

LVG has had 3 windows now. Plan A is rubbish - dull, slow and easy to play against. Plan B is to stick a big man up top and launch balls to him.

It's not good enough

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Is Memphis really any better than Nani right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

If Adnan Puti n the kind of display Memphis has today he would be rigtly called out!

LVG and Woodward have a lot to answer for this summer transfer window

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sigh.

How many ways can I say; Rooney up front just isn't working :(

Yeah. Go fcuking backwards with 15 seconds yet.

Guys. Seriously.

4 premier league games. 4 dreadful performances. Utterly dreadful.

I'm glad we are on a break now. Actually hate watching it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Once they scored you knew it was over. Sad

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

That was beyond terrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

hopefully we buy a pacey striker and winger and cb now.

• Advertisement

Money spent, signed many players but somehow Woody and Glazers will get the abuse rather than Van Gaal.

We have good enough players to score more goals but slow tempo games means our strikers gets **** all chances.

Oh btw, fix is not just signing players, its getting head out of the arse and play with higher tempo than this crap possession game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

Memhis and Schweinsteiger were very poor. Romero suspect big time for the 2nd. Rooney really should have put away one of his chances.

Very disappointing. We need another option in attack badly.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sigh.

How many ways can I say; Rooney up front just isn't working :(

He shouldnt be in the team full stop. Any other player with the same level of performances wouldnt be starting. Its really starting to ****ing annoy me at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭ician

If Adnan Puti n the kind of display Memphis has today he would be rigtly called out!

Can't believe I'm saying this but I'd rather Young starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Painful stuff from United.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

This is simply not good enough. Holding possession is useless because we create nothing. We need a goal and the plan changes to hoofing it to Fellaini, which is literally what happened when he came on.

Rooney must be replaced. We desperately need a striker and a goalkeeper.

Romero was never up to standard for United, we need to get a new keeper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

they were "long passes" at the end, not long balls :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    And where is Fellaini playing?

Up front - so Fellaini is considered a better bet to score us goals than Hernandez or Wilson, and your arguement is that Chico is a good enough addition to the front line? If he was good enough, he'd be in contention for a starting spot. He's not even close.

That Fellaini is second choice striker just underlines my point - it is a pathetic situation.

United's squad isn't good enough - any argument otherwise is in utter ignorance of the performances vs Spurs, Villa, Newcastle and Swansea.

We've scored 2 goals, ourselves, in 4 games yet our attacking options are good enough. Its an unbelievable argument.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Hopefully this means signings are coming, if this is Rooney confident then I'd hate to see him play depressed.

Can't wait for the Rooney excuses it's everybody else's fault he didn't score, go get Robbie Keane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Big mistake from Rooney for their first giving away possession cheaply with so many committed forward. Romero atrocious for the second.

I just don't enjoy watching this team at all. So devoid of creativity and pace, so nervy, so safe. Brutal stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

DeGea must not be sold for any money this season... window closes and he plays v Liverpool. We NEED a striker and CB before window closes - no if's or but's...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

KH25 wrote: »
    This is simply not good enough. Holding possession is useless because we create nothing. We need a goal and the plan changes to hoofing it to Fellaini, which is literally what happened when he came on.

Rooney must be replaced. We desperately need a striker and a goalkeeper.

And a centre back. And we won't improve with a lumbering Schweinsteiger in midfield.

Get ready for it.

meltdown.jpg

Yeah you know what? Deserved.

Someone needs to answer why we did not strengthen crucial weaknesses.

Hernandez as second striker. No.
    Romero as keeper. No.
    Blind as centre back. No.
    Rooney as striker. No. Too small, not strong enough to play this system.

I hope Gary Neville has the balls to call it like it is. We are a joke.

I have watched pretty much every team so far this year. We play the worst football. It's not even close.

We all like Van Gaal. Great personality, a great laugh and great for the banter.

If Moyes was responsible for those four performances, we would be ripping the **** out of him.

So I'll say it. LVG - shown nothing as a manager so far this year. Nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

LVG must not watch the match atall.

Leaves on Rooney , Depay and Swein who i thought were dissapointing.

Takes off Mata , Herrera and Sneiderlin.

Rooney gives the ball away cheapily for the 1st goal.

Shaw and Blind nearer the half way line than where they should have been for the second goal.

Romero has been found out, just have a shot. He is good at coming at crosses and catching it, but saving shots........

We need to break the bank and get a proper center back and a replacement for Rooney.

Blind has been decent up until now, but he is always out of position.

Over-reaction after a poor result, maybe put im sure those points are clear enought that most people see them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

That was a pretty frustrating result considering what happened elsewhere at the weekend. Swansea, while a good team, weren't that impressive today. Two really soft goals.

Little created ourselves. Rooney should have had us 2-2, looking for the peno and then a dive. Really unusual decision making and had me going beserk.

Not going to freak out about it, plenty of teams will struggle there this year, but not winning those type of matches id the difference between winning a title and not.....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

rooney is just awful. hit it on your left. if that was aguero, hes definitely scored one goal at least. rooney as well at fault for swanseas first goal. driving me nuts just watching him.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

It has been one of those weekends.

Now I hope United decide on getting Laporte.

Then we need someone for upfront instead of Rooney, who should drop back to number 10. He is not good enough for lone striker. I rather lose today when we can still do something as in bring in new blood, rather than in two weeks time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Think I will just go away for a while...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Hey not a Utd fan

Do you guys think Hernandez is underused? Do you think he could be a real option up front if given a run of games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Think I will just go away for a while...

With you on that. That game was just infuriating.

Romero was never up to standard for United, we need to get a new keeper.

He is fine for the sub goalkeeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Not ideal still needing 4 players at this late stage in the window. Rooney looks a shadow of himself and having Fellaini as your main attacking alternative is so crude. Not much evidence of a philosophy with that one.

Up front - so Fellaini is considered a better bet to score us goals than Hernandez or Wilson, and your arguement is that Chico is a good enough addition to the front line? If he was good enough, he'd be in contention for a starting spot. He's not even close.

That Fellaini is second choice striker just underlines my point - it is a pathetic situation.

United's squad isn't good enough - any argument otherwise is in utter ignorance of the performances vs Spurs, Villa, Newcastle and Swansea.

We've scored 2 goals, ourselves, in 4 games yet our attacking options are good enough. Its an unbelievable argument.

Yeah signing more strikers means more goals. Mancini would put his head in the sand and shout "that's not the way it works".

Signing striker won't solve any problem, problem is Van Gaal and his slow possession game.

Hernandez and Fellaini is considered as options for back up role and this game Fellaini got the nod in this game.

Hernandez is more than good enough for back up role.

Oh btw, re your previous argument re RVN and Hernandez goals in so and so games. Great point .You just love to be dramatic with your points. Hernandez played around 800 mins and RVP scored around 2300 mins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

some of fellaini's passing/touches when he came on were shocking, a simple 10 yard pass to young, he puts it 5 yards over his head out for a throw in. shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

FutureGuy wrote: »

I have watched pretty much every team so far this year. We play the worst football. It's not even close.

Likewise, never thought id ever say that stoke play better football than us.

Soups123 wrote: »
    Hey not a Utd fan

Do you guys think Hernandez is underused? Do you think he could be a real option up front if given a run of games?

He is leaving most likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Back pass, back pass, long ball. LVG can feck off at the end of the season if this keeps up. 5 points behind City and Utd lost the toughest fixture yet.

200m + spent
    No De Gea
    No striker
    Rigid predictable tactics

What is in that folder he carries around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Meh, rage over.

Signings won't really help in a system like this. We're all hoping for some superstar attacker to save us but the football is so shít that probably won't do much better than Rooney. Which wouldn't be difficult.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

A keeper a CB a striker and a pacy wide player are needed and there's two days to go in the transfer market. Van Gaals and Woodwards management of the squad has been awful.

Van Gaals tactics are absolutely awful. It's just putrid to watch.

The running of the club since Ferguson and Gill left has been awful and exacerbated Utds demise.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement