Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

LVG:

Opponent changed shape, we could not cope in those 5 minutes.

We played very good.

Always difficult to beat compact team.

We were good dominant.

We could have scored lots more goals.

Transfers? We identified players months ago. De Gea, Hernandez...no news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Its clear we need at least one signing but in all honesty, what world class striker would want to come to us on the basis of the start of the season.

indeed - the football is so conservative and slow, we need more invention.

As Van Gall said about 3 weeks ago or so, we need more speed and creativity in the final third - but it doesn't seem like we are doing anything to rectify it.

Have to wonder though, even if we got Bale, would it actually make any difference to the way LVG actually sets us out to play - or would bale just be expected to become another recycling possession automaton?

Recycling possession works for Barcelona because they had Messi. Bayern or Lewandowski, Ribery and Robben. We don't have that level of incisiveness up top which makes the system unworkable at United.

Man for man, that Swansea side is not better than United, but their manager has them better set up to get results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Jesus LVG, no point dominating the game of you aint scoring goals.

Im sick of hearing ' we were the dominent team'

I was screaming that at the tv just then Jesus wept

Neville: CB, goalkeeper, striker needed.

FutureGuy wrote: »

Transfers? We identified players months ago. De Gea, Hernandez...no news.

Shots fired at Woodward/Glazer? If the targets were identified months ago, why are we 47 hours from the end of the window without them?

Neville: CB, goalkeeper, striker needed.

Yet when I say it i'm accused of being a child, an idiot and all other manner of insults.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Gary Neville finally getting to it.

Shots fired at Woodward/Glazer? If the targets were identified months ago, why are we 47 hours from the end of the window without them?

I got that feeling. He looked annoyed.

Worrying words there from Van Gaal re transfers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

And what has ANY of that got to do with Fellaini as a player? Why were you not making THOSE points all through the match?

No. Keep hammering Fellaini regardless.

fellaini is not good enough for man utd, last season he hampered us attacking wise. he might score the odd goal here or there but a man utd player, no and never will be. not we are throwing him up front for 15 mins. can you imagine city/barca/real/bayern/arsenal throwing a midfielder up front and then kicking long balls up to him. would never happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'm starting to be believe nobody is inbound, especially with the way LVG was speaking there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

adox wrote: »
    Gary Neville finally getting to it.

what was said?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

id say a goalkeeper and a striker most definite. rojo to slot into LCB when he returns, where ever he is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Only saw the 2nd half.

As poor as Rooney is he's the least of our problems right now.

1. Philosophy
    2. Lack of pace on the right.
    3. Goalkeeper
    4. Blind ( solved by Jones or Rojo coming back in)

Neville: naturally risky players being asked to play safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Seriously, what the **** is the story with Rojo? It's like waiting for ****ing godot with him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Would love to hear a Paul Scholes rant right now.

Headshot wrote: »
    what was said?

Need a keeper, CB and striker in next 48 hours. No pace in front six etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Carragher telling some home truths about Van Gaal and some of the Liverpool managers he had.

• Advertisement

RVP had a dig at LVG over that (imo) after he left - was banging on about Fergie's sides - that Fergie would instruct them to take risks, to try stuff and how he enjoyed it. Felt like a shot at LVG at the time.

you dont even need neville to say it, so obvious its sickening

it was rooneys fault for the first swansea goal. im sick of the guy

I'm starting to believe Gary Neville posts as Mitch on here.

I'm gonna hold off on the "Need a CB" craic, we've defended fine up until today and their second goal was as much on Romero not coming two yards up to claim the ball and the weak ass attempt at saving it than anything else.

Thankfully this should be the end of the Romero experiment. If we're still seeing him by next match serious questions need to be asked and imo LVG is in the hot seat for making a balls of the situation. He's nowhere near good enough.

Attacking wise though we offer sweet **** all. We're completely reliant on a comically out of form Rooney because LVG likes him.

Neville: I'd be stunned if a striker isn't brought in. 20 years having 4 strikers. This year we have 1. If Rooney gets injured, Manchester United will have none.

Carra: who? No one available.

#ladstalkingsense.

Neville looks bewildered by the transfers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭posturingpat

Roquentin wrote: »
    id say a goalkeeper and a striker most definite. rojo to slot into LCB when he returns, where ever he is

I heard he was on the Luke Shaw diet of last summer.

Neville: I'd be stunned if a striker isn't brought in. 20 years having 4 strikers. This year we have 1. If Rooney gets injured, Manchester United will have none.

Carra: who? No one available.

#ladstalkingsense.

Neville looks bewildered by the transfers.

In fact, it looks like Hernandez will be off before the deadline, meaning the striker situation will actually worsen.

One striker who's nearly 30, has often had long spells of poor form or injury and it's the only option.

Seriously like, what the **** is going on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

beno619 wrote: »
    Only saw the 2nd half.

As poor as Rooney is he's the least of our problems right now.

1. Philosophy
    2. Lack of pace on the right.
    3. Goalkeeper
    4. Blind ( solved by Jones or Rojo coming back in)

Rooney is a huge issue ,he is toxic ,and was back to his usual self today after his 3 tap ins against Bruges.
    He cant play up front,he is too slow,too old ,has poor acceleration over 5 yards and has a shocking first touch .
    Do you think a player like Aguero up front would not make a big difference ?

The problems with the team are obvious to everyone bar Van Gaal it would seem .

So do we think LVG is hinting at Woody/Glazers failing this summer ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

it was rooneys fault for the first swansea goal. im sick of the guy

No blame for any of the back 4 for not dealing with the cross? Completely Rooney's fault?

• Advertisement

Nope because he's not the type to pull punches. If he wasn't happy with them he'd throw a massive fit and leave, or at the very least hang them out to dry. It's a dutch thing.

See what happened with him at Bayern and Barcelona for example

Rooney is a huge issue ,he is toxic ,and was back to his usual self today after his 3 tap ins against Bruges.
    He cant play up front,he is too slow,too old ,has poor acceleration over 5 yards and has a shocking first touch .
    Do you think a player like Aguero up front would not make a big difference ?

The problems with the team are obvious to everyone bar Van Gaal it would seem .

No. He can. He can get 25 goals a season.

If we went to Chelsea, City or Arsenal he would get that.

But our system is essentially the opposite of the style he thrives on.

I'd get in Lukaku. Play Rooney at 10 and hope for the best until Christmas.

No blame for any of the back 4 for not dealing with the cross? Completely Rooney's fault?

Smalling committed himself to an attack if Rooney doesn't feck about were 4 vs 3 on the attack.

When your CB charges up the field you can't give the ball away cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

You can get the feeling that if United sign nobody and results slip LVG will be under massive pressure - maybe even more then Moyes considering the money he spent. We have to beat Liverpool in two weeks time to steady the ship again...

its a chain reaction. if he had made the pass or held onto the ball our defense wouldnt have been stretched. i think darmian intercepted the ball and was further forward, thus swansea hit us on the counter.

its rooneys ****ing fault

These are the days that seriously test my diet and also the patience of the mods on here.

Would take a burger and a ban. But l think chicken salad and a run is better.

Later.

2 days left in transfer window, we are loaded with cash, desperate for a striker, we are going to pay way over the odds for whoever we sign

cavani maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I don't think so. I interpreted it as him saying any transfers that might be made will have been worked on for months and aren't a panic buy based on today's result.

Whether I believe him is another issue.

cavani maybe

50m plus at this stage

• Advertisement

its a chain reaction. if he had made the pass or held onto the ball our defense wouldnt have been stretched. i think darmian intercepted the ball and was further forward, thus swansea hit us on the counter.

its rooneys ****ing fault

So our defenders are under no obligation to defend a cross because Rooney lost possession?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

LVG is a spoofer. Always tries to mask the problem in his post match interviews i.e we were the dominant team, we deserved to score more goals, players who clearly played ****e did well etc etc. It shows how desperate things have come that we are kicking hoof ball up to Fellani. The striker and keeper issue (whether De Gea was to be sold or not) should have been dealt with before the season started. If De Gea goes to Madrid by Tuesday why the **** wasn't he sold earlier in the window (his mind was made up to go so get rid of him). We should have got a striker earlier this summer. Benteke was available and we didn't even bother matching his release clause:rolleyes:.

So our defenders are under no obligation to defend a cross because Rooney lost possession?

did you read what i said

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

irishfeen wrote: »
    You can get the feeling that if United sign nobody and results slip LVG will be under massive pressure.

He'll already be under pressure, with Klopp and Carlo sitting on the sidelines....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,969 ✭✭✭billyhead

bangkok wrote: »
    2 days left in transfer window, we are loaded with cash, desperate for a striker, we are going to pay way over the odds for whoever we sign

Exactly this. Any striker we might go for now will have an extra 5-10 mil loaded onto their market value then what they would have had at the start of the transfer window because sellers will know were desperate and have the money. Also I wouldn't go near Cavani. Don't rate him at all. Comes across when I see him play as lazy and half the time not interested

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

"... also depends on what you are willing to spend" - LVG on transfers

"Task is for Woodward and not for me"

You would wonder what is really going on behind the scenes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

only good thing to come out of today is the club will be under so much pressure to act, they will have no choice but to do so.

This is the result that is no surprise to all those who have been perplexed and baffled by our attatude in the transfer market over the last month and an abject failure to bring in top quality attacking players.

Problem is now it could be too late to act.
    Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Problems in order of seriousnes

1. LVG ''philosophy''
    2. Rooney lone striker
    3. Goalkeeper
    4. Blind center back

3 and 4 could be switched

A club that fails miserably every summer to properly recruit the top players in the world should be included in that also, it's been yet again another strange transfer window.

At least most fans now are aligned and great to see Gary Neville come out and say what people have been saying for ages.

did you read what i said

I did.

"All Rooney's fault".

Very childish way of summing up that goal.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    He'll already be under pressure, with Klopp and Carlo sitting on the sidelines....

i said it all along, Carlo Anchelotti has to be our next manager. van Gaal will retire in 2 seasons, at the end of this season whatever happens we should make our move for him.

thank van gaal for the work he has done, let him enjoy his retirement with his wife and give Anchelotti a 5 year contract

• Advertisement

I don't see the Calibre of player we need moving this late either.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement