Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Players we should be throwing money at off the top of my head:

Lukaku
    Kane (i've reservations but fcuk it.)
    Antoine Griezmann
    Isco
    Mario Götze
    Marco Reus
    Felipe Anderson
    Lucas Moura
    Benzema
    Hugo Lloris
    Jan Oblak
    Bernd Leno
    Aymeric Laporte
    Raphaël Varane

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

I did.

"All Rooney's fault".

Very childish way of summing up that goal.

fine so you are right, now leave me alone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

https://twitter.com/AlexShawESPN/status/638046216790671360

I personally think we could be done too :(

irishfeen wrote: »

and there are people who think the business done is all we need to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Utd are just about the richest club in the world, and are in the Champions League.

If they wanted to buy proper world class players they could.

They could pay what City did today for De Bruyne. They just choose not to. Either they've no identified them, or the club aren't putting out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

The knives are already out for Woodward and Van Gaal, they surely won't be idiot enough to let that happen?

As Alan Smith said during the game, for a club of United's power and wealth to have so few options really is really very poor

The knives are already out for Woodward and Van Gaal, they surely won't be idiot enough to let that happen?

As Alan Smith said during the game, for a club of United's power and wealth to have so few options really is really very poor

But we brought Chico back Homer, he's more than good enough to replace and improve upon RVP, Welbeck and Falcao. You're just being a moaner if you think otherwise...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

United are roughly breaking even in net spend this summer, made it back into the Champions League and had the most successful kit launch in history. It's difficult to believe that there won't be at least one major signing made with all the money they have available. At this stage I'd just tell Atletico to name their price for Griezmann or just offer Everton 40-50m for Lukaku.

LVG's tactics is still a problem regardless of who we sign though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

It will be a joke if we don't make another signing or 2. The holes in the team are glaringly obvious. LVG needs to stop playing it so safe too.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

i think rooney is being destroyed up front on his own. so someone big with speed is needed. maybe drop rooney to the bench or put him as a ten. but then herrera loses out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

So roughly £150 million to spend, but who do we realistically sign?

Who where those people claiming Rooney could play up front?

SlickRic wrote: »
    Utd are just about the richest club in the world, and are in the Champions League.

They could pay what City did today for De Bruyne. They just choose not to. Either they've no identified them, or the club aren't putting out.

This is just it. United talk the talk at the end of the season but when it comes to actually getting business done they just aren't in the same league as Bayern, Chelsea, City, Real or Barcelona.

City found a player they wanted to improve the side, and bought them.

Otamendi and De Bryunne would have been excellent additions to the side, but no - we apparently only want elite players that clubs won't sell. Well aint that just grand. A nice excuse for doing nothing.

We've spent 70+ million, have a zero net spend and are 4th best in the league, at best. So no improvement on last season; well fecking done United/LVG/Woodward. pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Or players don't want to play for United.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

At this stage what do people think is the most realistic scenario with incomings?

I think the most likely outcome is De Gea probably going with a goalkeeper coming in. I'd be hopeful on a striker too but hard to see anything more than that happening.

Very interesting that LVG has gone from "I trust him" to pretty much throwing Woodward out to the wolves now with his comments saying the transfers are down to him.

Woodward has simply got to deliver now, no more excuses, bullish*t and ineptness.

The thing is most clubs will probably just tell us to fúck off now because they have their squads now sorted for the season... and you really couldn't blame them.

The situation we are in is ridiculous, strengthened massively in midfield which is great but left two CB's go, not signing one and left Falcao, RVP and maybe Hernandez go up front with nothing coming in - if it wasn't so ridiculous it would be hilarious!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

BenK wrote: »
    At this stage what do people think is the most realistic scenario with incomings?

I think the most likely outcome is De Gea probably going with a goalkeeper coming in. I'd be hopeful on a striker too but hard to see anything more than that happening.

De Gea out, Cillessen in. That's it.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Or players don't want to play for United.
    Absolute bullshít... money talks, just look at how city built their team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

United are simply not an attractive side these days. The general vibe coming from the club seems a bit rotten to me at the moment. If they dont bring in at least one really positive signing in the next 2 days (and they probably wont), then it will just add more negativity to the current situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,462 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hardly ideal to be trying to buy a striker with only a few hours of window left.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

transfer deadline day is the busiest day by a mile for transfers, if you want a player badly enough and have the money he can be yours but you will pay way over the top to the club and he will earn better wages than he could ever have imagined

Sign nobody and lose to Liverpool and Old Trafford will let the club and manager know exactly what they think...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

bangkok wrote: »
    2 days left in transfer window, we are loaded with cash, desperate for a striker, we are going to pay way over the odds for whoever we sign

Andy Carroll.

Why would he sign for United over City?!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Sign nobody and lose to Liverpool and Old Trafford will let the club and manager know exactly what they think...

I hope they do, but the problem is Moyes got "support" for months longer than he should have. You still have people blindly defending Rooney....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

Yeah think you could be right. Not completely sold on Cillessen. Lloris would be a good fit I think but can't see it happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Any chance Valdes will get a chance seeing as his Turkish move has collapsed? Really thought he would have been shifted by now.

Assuming DDG goes, is it really worth proceeding with Romero as number one without even a chance for Valdes? Can't see us getting another GK at such a late stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

But we brought Chico back Homer, he's more than good enough to replace and improve upon RVP, Welbeck and Falcao. You're just being a moaner if you think otherwise...:rolleyes:

You're really milking that one.

Nobody said it was good enough. But to say we haven't invested\changed the attack is wrong. To say that we haven't replaced Rvp and Falcao is also wrong. Doesn't mean it's good enough.

We need a striker, someone with pace. Ideally a wide player with pace too and the Gk situation sorted.

I can only see 1 of those situations or maybe 2 max sorted by Tuesday. Shouldn't have been this long to sort so obviously there's problems somewhere... Especially the de gea situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I doubt anybody will be signed.

Clubs will no we are desperite.

Quoted prices will double.

Cant see us paying fees over 25-30 mill and for that money now , in our situation,you wouldnt even get shane feckin long.

Unless we meet buy out cluses we wont be getting anybody.

And even at that, i cant see top players wanting to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Roquentin wrote: »
    its a chain reaction. if he had made the pass or held onto the ball our defense wouldnt have been stretched. i think darmian intercepted the ball and was further forward, thus swansea hit us on the counter.

its rooneys ****ing fault

When Rooney made the failed pass - 40 yards from their goal facing their last defenders - there were three United players level with the play and one just a bit deeper, so half the team were behind him. When Swansea then crossed the halfway line with the ball it was 6 on 5 in United's favour.

It is hilarious to be blaming Rooney for the goal because of losing the ball in that situation.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I hope they do, but the problem is Moyes got "support" for months longer than he should have. You still have people blindly defending Rooney....
    Support won't follow LVG as it did with Moyes - Moyes followed SAF.... LVG has followed Moyes and has bought plenty of his own players.

Odds dropping on Charlie Austin to sign.

Rather just keep Chico.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I doubt anybody will be signed.

Clubs will no we are desperite.

Quoted prices will double.

Cant see us paying fees over 25-30 mill and for that money now , in our situation,you wouldnt even get shane feckin long.

Unless we meet buy out cluses we wont be getting anybody.

And even at that, i cant see top players wanting to come.

Agreed. And those that we do match will just leverage for a new contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Shots fired at Woodward/Glazer? If the targets were identified months ago, why are we 47 hours from the end of the window without them?

Or LVG is just passing the buck. Very hard to work out what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

How much money is actually there for spending is the question? I'd say nobodies coming, should have been wrapped up by now unless it's a Madrid player, which I somehow doubt we'll get.

So we do we just forfeit the next game against Swansea and save everyone the hassle?

After the victories against Liverpool last season, not to mention the immortalised victory over them in the ICC Tournament of Summer 2014, I gleefully posted that LVG had Brendan Rodgers in his back pocket. Well now Gary Monk has them both tucked away in his own; LVG for obvious reasons, and BR by default because for now he is still in Louis', think 'Pocketception'.

Ok, that performance and result today may have driven me temporarily demented, but seriously if only it were as simple as one manager getting the better of the other. Gary Monk is the least of LVG's worries now.

A team should be given some time to get into the swing of a new season no doubt. By now though, with 4 league games, 2 C.L. Qualifiers and a decent pre-season gone by, United should be in that 'swing'. There are still tactical errors abound, not to mention the restraint and 'safety first' approach which has now become the norm.

In an ideal world, LVG's Possession-osophy would be very effective and we have actually seen shades of that. Shades though, in patches. There has to be a Plan B, and C, for those days when Death By Possession doesn't work. Especially with the players available to LVG, they are capable of more than they seem to be getting the freedom to express.

• Advertisement

Pro. F wrote: »
    Or LVG is just passing the buck. Very hard to work out what is going on.
    To be fair to LVG - you would have to think he has given a club a list of players to sign for each position he wants to strengthen... its up to them to sign them and get the deals done.

If this is the case and we sign nobody then LVG has every right to push the responsibility on to the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I hope Cillessen can also play as a CF,as it stands we don't have one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

To be fair to LVG - you would have to think he has given a club a list of players to sign for each position he wants to strengthen... its up to them to sign them and get the deals done.

If this is the case and we sign nobody then LVG has every right to push the responsibility on to the club.

It's hard to tell. His squad management has been pretty poor. Shipping players out without replacements more or less signed first is poor and I'd also question some of the players he's moved on and also the amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Trilla wrote: »
    You're really milking that one.

Nobody said it was good enough. But to say we haven't invested\changed the attack is wrong. To say that we haven't replaced Rvp and Falcao is also wrong. Doesn't mean it's good enough.

We need a striker, someone with pace. Ideally a wide player with pace too and the Gk situation sorted.

I can only see 1 of those situations or maybe 2 max sorted by Tuesday. Shouldn't have been this long to sort so obviously there's problems somewhere... Especially the de gea situation.

So the argument is not actually whether we have replaced them with quality (as I would have assumed) but simply that we have an attacker in the squad that we didn't have last season - regardless of who it is?

• Advertisement

Woodward is untouchable though, he ain't going nowhere due to his ability to bring in the Tayto, Tyre and watch deals and all the associated revenue.

The fact we have spent £0 all summer and clreared £60m off the wages will also be seen as a real positive behind the scenes I am sure also.

We really need to get somebody in along side Woodward to take over the transfer and let him get on with the non football side of the business

adox wrote: »
    It's hard to tell. His squad management has been pretty poor. Shipping players out without replacements more or less signed first is poor and I'd also question some of the players he's moved on and also the amount.

Yep, no way RVP should have been allowed to leave without a top replacement being signed. It is proving to be a shocking decision.

zerks wrote: »
    If Hernandez leaves and we are left with just Rooney for the season then we are in massive trouble...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

For those who know about LVG pre united.
    Has there previously been any talk of bias towards western/central/northern european type players, rather than southern european/latino players? (bias as in both who he might select/sign, and who he is likely to fall out with).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Our feel right now:

CNrNFLPWcAEvxCJ.jpg:large

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I think it's all hilarious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Someone tell Ed to get on the blower to Atletico for Griezmann, Oblak and Oliver Torres. All starting in a few minutes on SS1.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Soo Wolfsburg have signed Dante from Munich and are signing Draxler.

Would have liked Draxler.

If Hernandez leaves and we are left with just Rooney for the season then we are in massive trouble...

its like the club have looked at the hassle of arranging flights, hotels and travel for the euro games and thought: "This is way too much hassle".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Yep, no way RVP should have been allowed to leave without a top replacement being signed. It is proving to be a shocking decision.

What if he wanted to go? Fell out with the manager? Wasn't giving 100%? Wasn't happy etc

What then?

The question is why we didn't get another striker in

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement