Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

beno619 wrote: »
    Smalling committed himself to an attack if Rooney doesn't feck about were 4 vs 3 on the attack.

When your CB charges up the field you can't give the ball away cheaply.

So the first Swansea goal is all Rooney's fault then? I must ask why, when United are 1-0 up, in the 2nd half of a tricky game away from home, with 2 holding midfielders 3 attacking midfielders and 1 striker ahead of him - as well as two full backs at either side offering attacking options with overlaps, is our centre half "charging up the field" committing himself to an attack? Perhaps Smalling deserves some blame there for needlessly being out of position and failing to deal with an average cross? Or is his decision making all Rooney's fault also?

Granted he's been poor, and should have scored today - but the efforts people go to on this thread to blame Rooney for anything they can is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Our feel right now:

CNrNFLPWcAEvxCJ.jpg:large

Someone sh@t in his cornflakes! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Our feel right now:

CNrNFLPWcAEvxCJ.jpg:large

Christ almighty the head on that lad. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

If Hernandez is going surely somebody has to be coming in! Would be very strange if not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Soo Wolfsburg have signed Dante from Munich and are signing Draxler.

Would have liked Draxler.
    Stalled recently. Don't need another attacking midfielder.

van Persie was finished Mitch. Another striker should have been brought but selling van Persie was absolutely the right decision. He was every bit as slow and ineffective as Falcao last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rooney was not our worst player today...he wasn't even our worst attacker imo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Woodward is untouchable though, he ain't going nowhere due to his ability to bring in the Tayto, Tyre and watch deals and all the associated revenue.

The fact we have spent £0 all summer and clreared £60m off the wages will also be seen as a real positive behind the scenes I am sure also.

We really need to get somebody in along side Woodward to take over the transfer and let him get on with the non football side of the business
    Nobody is untouchable in football in reality - there is something wrong either with LVG/Woodward/The Glazers in regard to signing players... from the mess with David Moyes I honestly think it must be one or both of the latter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

irishfeen wrote: »
    If Hernandez leaves and we are left with just Rooney for the season then we are in massive trouble...

We can't even bring up the old "we didn't create any chances for him" argument.Twice he got clear and made a balls of chances he'd normally score blindfolded.United can't play the likes of Brugge every week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

zerks wrote: »

Should use him to try get Leno

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

BenK wrote: »
    If Hernandez is going surely somebody has to be coming in! Would be very strange if not.

Strange wouldn't be the word I would use. Suicidal is.

No risk shown on the field. Lots of risk off the field.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Odds dropping on Charlie Austin to sign.

Rather just keep Chico.

BBC Radio talking him up for United may have something to do with it. We're fast running out of options striker wise.

Glazers Out!

chupacabra wrote: »
    Christ almighty the head on that lad. :eek:
    LVG is pissed off :) ... I'd say the team got some bollocking..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

There's Charlie Austin rumours on Twitter not sure about that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

xtal191 wrote: »
    Should use him to try get Leno

Or Julian Brandt

nullzero wrote: »
    BBC Radio talking him up for United may have something to do with it. We're fast running out of options striker wise.

Gomis has a £7 million buy out clause.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

BenK wrote: »

Surely he could do a job for us this season, it's not as if we need to free up money to sign someone else and have to sell him.
    He looked really unhappy on the pitch against Brugges, he used to be a happy and willing super sub in the Ole mould, now he has a scowl anytime you see him, there must be some serious clash of personalities between him and LVG.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

If you want to feal even more pissed off, turn on Sky Sports 5

°°°°°

LVG is pissed off :) ... I'd say the team got some bollocking..

He should give himself a bollocking after that tactically inept showing.

Glazers Out!

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    If you want to feal even more pissed off, turn on Sky Sports 5

Whats on it?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Strange wouldn't be the word I would use. Suicidal is.

No risk shown on the field. Lots of risk off the field.

Getting rid of players without replacing them.

It should be the other way round, selling after replaced

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Charlie Austin rumours growing; president if QPR supporters trust tweeted that he is having a medical tonight at utd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Why would he sign for United over City?!

They have the same ceiling for success, and they can afford the same wages. Why not?

Trilla wrote: »
    Whats on it?

Manchester United : Footballs Greatest

A profile of the iconic Manchester United that won the trebile in the 98/99 season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

Hardly ideal to be trying to buy a striker with only a few hours of window left.

sure isnt Pedro on his way??? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Charlie Austin rumours growing; president if QPR supporters trust tweeted that he is having a medical tonight at utd

Would be hilarious if true, and not in a good way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

If any of our rivals signed Charlie Austin, we would laugh in there faces.

The fact that he is still A QPR player says it all for me, would be yet again another player that we signed that no other top club wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

nullzero wrote: »
    Surely he could do a job for us this season, it's not as if we need to free up money to sign someone else and have to sell him.
    He looked really unhappy on the pitch against Brugges, he used to be a happy and willing super sub in the Ole mould, now he has a scowl anytime you see him, there must be some serious clash of personalities between him and LVG.

Van Gaal shipping him out last summer probably indicated he doesn't want him.

Off to Germany busy the looks of it

If we sign Charlie Austin then I give up all hope for Manchester United FC... Jesus Christ Almighty...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

What if he wanted to go? Fell out with the manager? Wasn't giving 100%? Wasn't happy etc

What then?

The question is why we didn't get another striker in

like de gea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

tumblr_mw7iflGf3V1smj5iyo1_500.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,833 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Whats on it?

A documentary about our Treble winning side in 1998/99.

The most striking thing about looking back on the Ferguson era, not only about how much we won trophy wise, we played a brilliant brand of football, fast quality and entertaining. If we ended up loosing a game we were playing 3 at the back for the last 10 minutes throwing the kitchen sink at them, playing with pace, width and guile. None of that in this side, after Swansea went 2-1 up did we even have an attempt on target after that ? It's not just this game, but I'm getting a bit worried.

If any of our rivals signed Charlie Austin, we would laugh in there faces.

The fact that he is still A QPR player says it all for me, would be yet again another player that we signed that no other top club wanted.

I laughed when ings signed for liverpool, ill cry if we get austin and sell Hernandez.

We will probably pay more for Austin than we will recieve for Hernandez

°°°°°

adox wrote: »
    Van Gaal shipping him out last summer probably indicated he doesn't want him.

Off to Germany busy the looks of it

Pity, you don't become a fan favorite at United without being good. Sorry to see him go

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd be down about the Austin signing....but he scored 6 more PL goals than Rooney last year in a far worse team :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

If we sign Charlie Austin then I give up all hope for Manchester United FC... Jesus Christ Almighty...

Austin would be a Brendan Rodgers signing.

We need these 2.If anyone can get it done in 48 hours it's these lads.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQneQJr68U8i57T-OKtgXgGeK_3Q7XKxVSbxU8XH55DREKPu5w5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

https://twitter.com/JanAageFjortoft/status/638047105844670465?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Not so long he was saying he trusts Woodward completely and accused the press of trying to create friction between them. Now he's throwing Woodward under the bus. Which I have no issue with since I'm tired of his galactico horseshít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Any links to that account? Thought it was fake.

• Advertisement

From Neymar to Muller to Charlie FÚCKING Austin ... I refuse to even contemplate it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Any links to that account? Thought it was fake.
    It is. There's old tweets from him pretending to be a French ITK.

If you're bothered.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

zerks wrote: »
    We can't even bring up the old "we didn't create any chances for him" argument.Twice he got clear and made a balls of chances he'd normally score blindfolded.United can't play the likes of Brugge every week.

Missed two chances, wow, you never see strikers at top clubs doing that.

I love the way the criticism of him not making enough runs into the box has just evaporated without a mention too.

The Austin rumours came from a fake account.

°°°°°

From Neymar to Muller to Charlie FÚCKING Austin ... I refuse to even contemplate it...

It's obvious we're desperate to sign a striker, this is the result. Poor management to get rid RVP without replacing him, he was giving diminishing returns but taking goals out of the side and not replacing them is crazy.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

At least we didn't spunk £40m on Kane who seems to be equally ineffective this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Wouldn't trust those Charlie Austin to United rumours, smells ****ing fishy.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'd be down about the Austin signing....but he scored 6 more PL goals than Rooney last year in a far worse team :P

Stop with that talking sense business! Doom! doom!

Charlie Austin is a better signing than nothing. He is a good player and he is good to have at the team. I swear to god some people like to complain, just for the sake of it.

A new keeper and Austin would do me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

If utd are going to sell Hernandez they deffo have someone lined up.... hopefully not muller and hopefully Austin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭Alex Meier

like de gea?

Are you comparing RVPs situation to De Gea's?

Once of the best keepers in the world who's still v young and is heavily linked to Madrid in his last year of his contract?

Surely Mitch you see the difference no? Rvp was in decline and unhappy

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement