Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

zerks wrote: »
    The Austin rumours came from a fake account.
    tumblr_inline_my13sbyDq31rz60rk.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

mada999 wrote: »
    If utd are going to sell Hernandez they deffo have someone lined up.... hopefully not muller and hopefully Austin

Haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pato, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I am just confused at this stage...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I laughed when ings signed for liverpool, ill cry if we get austin and sell Hernandez.

We will probably pay more for Austin than we will recieve for Hernandez

Of course we would, probably €7-10m more.

I refuse to believe these are true though... Surely not. I mean come on like, this would really tip the scales in terms of my disillusionment with the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

J. Marston wrote: »
    Pato, anyone?

A potato would be better

Glazers Out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

anthony martial bid on red cafe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

"If you risk... you deserve something" SAF after winning the CL in 1999.

LVG get out your stupid pad you walk around with and write that down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Berahino is the probably the most likely option with so little time left.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Munich signed kingsly Coman today from Juve.

MullerON?

No still not happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Pro. F wrote: »
    Missed two chances, wow, you never see strikers at top clubs doing that.

I love the way the criticism of him not making enough runs into the box has just evaporated without a mention too.

You expect strikers at top clubs, and "big name" strikers to finish the chances when it matters.

Rooney slots that easy chance home, we draw 2-2 at worse, which is a decent result away to Swansea. Instead he hesitates, takes a dive, and chance is gone.

Whatever Rooney does outside of that is irrelevant, he is 9 now, and needs to score goals. Whiffing a chance like that is just ammunition to those who think he is not good enough.

xtal191 wrote: »

Good timing , Monaco vs PSG is on Bt now.

Sky 414

I also cant wait for any links or signings to be labelled as "panic buys" :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I dont know much about the player but he's done **** all in the game and utd bid 50m

Crazy

Roquentin wrote: »
    anthony martial bid on red cafe

Don't know of him, any good?

zorro2566 wrote: »

Neither do i but spurs were linked with him a few weeks ago for ALOT less

°°°°°

Never watched him, but his stats aren't impressive, certainly not 50 million quids worth anyway

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭BenK

fk86js.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

TheDoc wrote: »
    You expect strikers at top clubs, and "big name" strikers to finish the chances when it matters.

Rooney slots that easy chance home, we draw 2-2 at worse, which is a decent result away to Swansea. Instead he hesitates, takes a dive, and chance is gone.

Whatever Rooney does outside of that is irrelevant, he is 9 now, and needs to score goals. Whiffing a chance like that is just ammunition to those who think he is not good enough.

No, I expect even the best strikers to miss chances fairly often, because I understand that these things happen. Other people see a United striker miss one or two chances and think that proves something. It doesn't, it's just a fundamental misunderstanding about how the best strikers do actually perform when you watch them every week.

Headshot wrote: »
    I dont know much about the player but he's done **** all in the game and utd bid 50m

Crazy

I think there was always going to be a lot of players linked in the last few days and the result and performance today will only increase that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Would be happy with Martial. Don't give a sh1t3 what he costs. It's not my money.

No, I expect even the best strikers to miss chances fairly often, because I understand that these things happen. Other people see a United striker miss one or two chances and think that proves something. It doesn't, it's just a fundamental misunderstanding about how the best strikers do actually perform when you watch them every week.

Rooney was pretty dire again today.

Quickly changing my mind about him being able to lead the team at 9, and I'm also rethinking letting Falcao and RVP go, which I didn't think much of at the time

Rooney needs to sharpen up quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I also cant wait for any links or signings to be labelled as "panic buys" :)

They will be though. Anything done this late is hardly astute business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Martial for €50m??

Jesus. The epitome of overspending. He's decent enough but anything north of €15ish million for him is nonsense money.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Headshot wrote: »

Crazy

Would nearly think it's journalists capitalising on today's result to generate some clickbait headlines! :pac:

zorro2566 wrote: »

i just watched his goals, skills, assists video on youtube and can say he looks unreal.

*joking*

he looks quick but isnt big, thats all i can tell from the video

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gillamandango

Don't think so..he ain't worth €10m..

http://www.transfermarkt.com/anthony-martial/profil/spieler/182877
    Schwiiing wrote: »
    Would be happy with Martial. Don't give a sh1t3 what he costs. It's not my money.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

BenK wrote: »
    fk86js.jpg

Kim Jung Un has let himself go.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Rooney was pretty dire again today.

Quickly changing my mind about him being able to lead the team at 9, and I'm also rethinking letting Falcao and RVP go, which I didn't think much of at the time

Rooney needs to sharpen up quickly.

He really wasn't. He held the ball up and linked up well. He did miss two chances, one which he created for himself, where you would normally expect him to come away with one goal, but these things happen to all strikers, regardless of how important it is that they score at that moment.

J. Marston wrote: »
    They will be though. Anything done this late is hardly astute business.

as Van Gaal said himself, players are scouted. Who is to say that something hasn't just taken this long, or something that wasn't possible is possible, or a turn somewhere?

as Van Gaal said himself, players are scouted. Who is to say that something hasn't just taken this long, or something that wasn't possible is possible, or a turn somewhere?

Because obviously Woody has been sitting on his ass, twiddling his thumbs, looking out the window thinking everything is ok :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

Austin rumours still lingering.... article on how he would fit into the team, not a bad read imo

http://tinyurl.com/2fcpre6

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I agree. There seems to be this illusion here that strikers at other top clubs around Europe are ruthless goal scoring machines when given half a chance. They're all human and they all regularly miss chances. It's just the top sides are set up to get the best out of their goal scorers, since goal scoring is the whole point of the game. They get many chances, they'll miss plenty of good ones,but still score a lot and rack up impressive stats.

Unfortunately this United team are set up to keep possession and make it difficult for opposing teams to break down. Goals aren't a priority sadly. I would love to see an old fashioned 4-4-2 again with Rooney and Hernandez up top. Let other teams worry about stopping United's undeniably talented attackers rather than restricting them to a rigid possession based 4-2-3-1 regardless of who and where we play.

Having said all that, Rooney really should have scored today.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I have never heard of Martial.

He really wasn't. He held the ball up and linked up well. He did miss two chances, one which he created for himself, where you would normally expect him to come away with one goal, but these things happen to all strikers, regardless of how important it is that they score at that moment.

Thought he was relatively poor, with the Swansea CB's having an easy time of it and Rooney struggling in just about every challenge with them.

The interplay he did bar one I can think of, was normal run of the mill stuff that simply doesn't deserve noticeable praise.

Gomis the opposite end was much more impressive in terms of how to play the lone striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ah now,he was shocking,he has the touch of Larry Murphy at an ICA meeting.Contributed very little and when he had 2 chances he let Williams back to tackle him while he dithered.He's lost his instinctive play and is a shadow of the player he was-certainly not a £300k a week player.

FutureGuy wrote: »

Me neither, which is worrying for a rumoured £50m bid.

• Advertisement

Charlie Austin is apparently at Reading festival anyway according to his missus' Twitter so pretty doubtful he's having a medical tonight.

I thought Rooney was poor today. Very sluggish. Not just that he missed those chances but that he seemed to take an age to decide what to do and by then it was too late. Like the og earlier in the season.

Me neither, which is worrying for a rumoured £50m bid.

35 millon sterling, 50 million euro

35m pound is a lot. Wondering if wages, etc are being included in the rumoured fee....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

mada999 wrote: »
    Austin rumours still lingering.... article on how he would fit into the team, not a bad read imo

http://tinyurl.com/2fcpre6

What a legend. Almost as hilarious as Liverpools performance vs a dire West Ham. Almost as hilarious as Stevie slipping up and watching you all realising its the closest ye will get for another 25 years.

FutureGuy wrote: »

Spurs were linked to him for 15mill already this season and now we are linked for over 50 mill.

Something isnt adding up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

adox wrote: »
    I thought Rooney was poor today. Very sluggish. Not just that he missed those chances but that he seemed to take an age to decide what to do and by then it was too late. Like the og earlier in the season.

Bet he wished it was Kyle Walker behind him instead of Ashley Williams.

°°°°°

Charlie Austin is apparently at Reading festival anyway according to his missus' Twitter so pretty doubtful he's having a medical tonight.

Festival you say? Probably shouldn't do a drugs test or if could be another Rio fiasco.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    Festival you say? Probably shouldn't do a drugs test or if could be another Rio fiasco.

Not hope he'll be doing drugs, it's the Libertines headli........ Oh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Sterling at 20 has 19 league goals in 99 games. Cost £49 million.
    Martial at 19 has 11 goals in 51 league games. a claimed bid of £36 million/€50 million.
    I know they are different leagues.

I never heard of him as I haven't been watching Monaco, but he looks alright so far tonight in that match against PSG.
    Meanwhile Griezmann got an assist for Atletico while he was on the ground, his determination got the team a goal.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement