Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Some lad on Twitter seemingly made it up, but people are running with it...

No source so? Is Chico off so?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Apparently Utd have made a bid for Monaco forward Anthony Martial

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,562 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Any chance Valdes will get a chance seeing as his Turkish move has collapsed? Really thought he would have been shifted by now.

Assuming DDG goes, is it really worth proceeding with Romero as number one without even a chance for Valdes? Can't see us getting another GK at such a late stage.

I'd like to see Valdes stay as he is an excellent proven goalkeeper.
    Far better keeper than Cillessen and still has 3-4 good years in him.

However I feel Van Gaal wont keep him.
    Van Gaal seems to be a very abrasive character ,once he decides a player isnt suited to his methodology he kicks them to the curb.
    Its not good business either freezing out players like Rafael,Valdes,Evans,Nani etc as the fees the club have received for the players sold have been well below market value.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

zerks wrote: »

Bayer Laverkusen would seem like an awful fit for Chico. A mad pressing team that create shag all chances. Can't see that move making sense for Laverkusn or Chico.

To say nothing of him being still needed at United.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

There is a serious issue going on here with LVG simply refusing to drop Rooney.
    How is he lasting 90mins these days without being subbed?
    Hes a mile off the pace. His touch is horrendous,his passing is muck and he cant finish like he used to.
    A striker is needed and rooney has to be dropped to the bench. Hes getting an easy ride because hes the captain. Its BS

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

Hes a mile off the pace. His touch is horrendous,his passing is muck and he cant finish like he used to.
    A striker is needed and rooney has to be dropped to the bench. Hes getting an easy ride because hes the captain. Its BS

id maybe move him to 10 but that would drop herrera and i thought herrera was good at the 10 today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

maybe because we dont have another striker to play? he clearly doesnt like hernandez and looks like he will be gone in the next few days. our only strikers are rooney and according to lvg fellaini

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,236 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Dobby with an outstanding assist for PSG.

where is wilson by the way and rojo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

bangkok wrote: »
    maybe because we dont have another striker to play? he clearly doesnt like hernandez and looks like he will be gone in the next few days. our only strikers are rooney and according to lvg fellaini

If he doesnt like Hernandez then why the f××k doesnt he put wilson on the bench instead then ?

• Well this thread escalated quickly
    Ron Burgundy meme not at hand but you catch my drift

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭Claude Burgundy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Well this thread escalated quickly
    Ron Burgundy meme not at hand but you catch my drift

You leave my son out of this !!

• You leave my son out of this !!

Lol well played sir

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Did'nt see the match , but taking off mata , herrera and schneiderlin and bringing on three mopeds ..............were they injured ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Did'nt see the match , but taking off mata , herrera and schneiderlin and bringing on three mopeds ..............were they injured ?

Mata and Herrera weren't doing much, and not much need for a holding midfielder when you're losing 2-1. It was a change of tactics to route one football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,796 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Haven't back on the whole thread but have people still defended Rooney saying he doesn't get the chances? Well he got the chances to day and fluffed his lines. 20+ goals a season, only if we play Brugge every few weeks.

I was listening to the match on Radio and everytime I heard 'Rooney picks up the ball in his own half' of something similar drove me mad.

Hey, you're supposed to be the No 9, that means you have to be the 1st line of the attack. How can LVG get so worked up with players like Herrera etc who he believes don't buy into his strategy yet Rooney is allowed screw up the whole team.

An we the chances so fall he can't fecking take them cause it on his weaker foot!!!

SAF was right, he should have been got rid off when SAF left. Instead the board caved in and now we are left with a 300k a week, slow, out of form, no first touch captain!!!!

Its becoming clear that the way the Premiership is going so far this season that most teams are playing counter attacking football,with one man up front.
    You cant do that with a slow front 4 and in Mata and Rooney we have 2 of the slowest front players in the league.

Coupled with this in central midfield there is no one willing to make runs into the opponents final third either.
    Carrick and Schweinsteiger are getting old ,their legs are failing and Schneiderlin is obviously being told to keep it simple and stay back.He can do more .

The team never overload the opposition either ,its far too cautious football.

Look at the pace City have up front now,Aguero,Sterling ,Silva,De Bruyne,its frightening .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

irishfeen wrote: »

One of the biggest spoofers out there, and I hate that word...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

irishfeen wrote: »

Is he still on the go?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement

Its becoming clear that the way the Premiership is going so far this season that most teams are playing counter attacking football,with one man up front.
    You cant do that with a slow front 4 and in Mata and Rooney we have 2 of the slowest front players in the league.

Coupled with this in central midfield there is no one willing to make runs into the opponents final third either.
    Carrick and Schweinsteiger are getting old ,their legs are failing and Schneiderlin is obviously being told to keep it simple and stay back.He can do more .

The team never overload the opposition either ,its far too cautious football.

Look at the pace City have up front now,Aguero,Sterling ,Silva,De Bruyne,its frightening .

i agree. what city have is extreme pace on the wings, coupled with great strength in the middle and a striker who never stops moving and is clinical. they were very impressive against everton. it was like a heavy weight boxer that just keeps punching away and wears you down.

we own possession but are missing the domination factor. we dont seem to pummel teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,757 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Muller rumours and some more Neymar rumours and it will be déjà vu.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

https://twitter.com/manutdvines/status/638090800363085824

Probably isnt still here because of LVGs no risk philosofwee

LVG really isn't working is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

How anyone can think that Romero is good enough to start for United is beyond my comprehension . Totally out of his depth .

Rooney got a player rating of 2/10 today on ESPN :o
    Wayne Rooney, 2 --
    Missed a succession of chances in a poor display. In the first half, put through by a Herrera pass, his hesitation allowed Swansea's defenders to recover. There was also a tame lob that Lukasz Fabianksi saved easily and later, with United chased an equalizer, he put himself in a fantastic position but took too long to shoot and was dispossessed.

In-between, with United 1-0 up, Rooney had an opportunity to play the ball behind Swansea's defence and create another chance. Instead, he gave it away and Swansea scored from the resulting break. The fact that Rooney just stood still, instead of doing something to win the ball back, didn't go down too well either.

Rooney got a player rating of 2/10 today on ESPN :o

He was bad, very bad. But i though Depay was similarly as bad.

Januzaj got alot of **** in this thread but his prem form has been similar if not better than Depays.

Depays champions league form has been outstanding though.

°°°°°

Leroy42 wrote: »
    LVG really isn't working is he?

We'll judge that after a little more time, but he isn't covering himself in glory.

Glazers Out!

nullzero wrote: »
    We'll judge that after a little more time, but he isn't covering himself in glory.

Thats why I said it as a question rather than a statement.

I don't think so, based on what I have seen the last 12 months and I don't think he has any real idea what is the best way forward.

Given the lack of impact of ADM and Falcao I'm not even sure that a new signing will actually help. I mean it should but LVG doesn't seem to be able to integrate players quickly

°°°°°

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Depays champions league form has been outstanding though.

Against a horrendous defence, he needs to improve his game overall. Players either take to the premier league or they don't, he is looking like he could possibly struggle and end up being a bad investment. For all his ego and swagger off the pitch he hasn't justified himself at all, two goals against ragball rovers in CL qualifiers isn't anything to write home about.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Psgs new signing looked good tonight. Nice assist never heard of him before, Di Maria I think was his name.

One other thing, Rooney got into a strop a few years ago saying we weren't signing the best players. Well, time for him to bugger off I think.

As Captain and senior player, he should be leading the team. We should not be relying on Memhis, Adman etc to do it. They should be the icing on the cake.

He is totally failling in every aspect of his role and needs to be dropped.

°°°°°

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Thats why I said it as a question rather than a statement.

I don't think so, based on what I have seen the last 12 months and I don't think he has any real idea what is the best way forward.

Given the lack of impact of ADM and Falcao I'm not even sure that a new signing will actually help. I mean it should but LVG doesn't seem to be able to integrate players quickly

ADM should have been better than he was, Falcao was a loanee for a reason.
    He needs a quality front line, I think he can be successful but the squad is too unbalanced at the moment, perhaps a couple of signings might remedy that to some extent, although I hate players signing on deadline day.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

What has Hernandez done to suggest that he is good enough to be 1st choice striker in a title winning side? Rooney in that City side would easily bag 20+ goals in a season.

Hernandez isn't good enough either. But he's a goal poacher. Rooney has had ample opportunities to score in the premiere league this season and he has wasted every single one. Right now it would be worth trying him since Rooney is giving you nothing. But that means leaving Rooney on the bench because he's not good enough to create goals as a number 10 right now either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Against a horrendous defence, he needs to improve his game overall. Players either take to the premier league or they don't, he is looking like he could possibly struggle and end up being a bad investment. For all his ego and swagger off the pitch he hasn't justified himself at all, two goals against ragball rovers in CL qualifiers isn't anything to write home about.

For all his ego and swagger off the pitch? You sound like a bitter auld lad. Give the lad a chance ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Should never have sold Welbeck.

I see the reported fee for Hernandez is €12m

Looks like his time is up. :(

All my favourite players are being shipped out. :(

If Herrera goes, i riot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

K4t wrote: »
    Should never have sold Welbeck.

No problem with Welbeck being shifted on, he is no loss .

Nani, Rvp and several more is a different story.

°°°°°

Pro. F wrote: »
    For all his ego and swagger off the pitch? You sound like a bitter auld lad. Give the lad a chance ffs.

Like a bitter auld Lad?
    I may be bitter and an auld Lad but...

I expected a little more from him, he seems a little lost at times and for a player who demanded the number 7 shirt you would expect if not fireworks at least an impressive performance or two, and in the league he hasn't done that. He made Brugges look bad because they are bad.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I see the reported fee for Hernandez is €12m

Looks like his time is up. :(

All my favourite players are being shipped out. :(

If Herrera goes, i riot

I'll be joining ya on that!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Seriously? He's 21 years old, has played 4 league games and you're already writing him off as a bad investment?
    Some people really need to take themselves away from the keyboard for a while after a defeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Looks like we're gonna be stuck with Victor !!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34102330

°°°°°

Seriously? He's 21 years old, has played 4 league games and you're already writing him off as a bad investment?
    Some people really need to take themselves away from the keyboard for a while after a defeat.

I said he has the potential to end up a bad investment. He is a talented player but there is always a possibility that certain leagues don't suit certain players, ADM isn't sh1t but you would have been forgiven for thinking he was at times last season.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

What compounded matters afterwards is LVG saying we couldn't cope after Swansea changed shape. How do Swansea change shape - and nicely done, Gary Monk, by the way - and we do next to nothing to counter? Terrible.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I said he has the potential to end up a bad investment. He is a talented player but there is always a possibility that certain leagues don't suit certain players, ADM isn't sh1t but you would have been forgiven for thinking he was at times last season.

He also has the potential to be a superstar, but there's no way you can say after 4 league games, where the team as a whole has performed poorly in attack, which way he's heading.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

What compounded matters afterwards is LVG saying we couldn't cope after Swansea changed shape. How do Swansea change shape - and nicely done, Gary Monk, by the way - and we do next to nothing to counter? Terrible.

They went more of a diamond formation moved aywei or whatever his name is more central.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

Rooney will probably cost LVG his job. He wont survive with Rooney as main striker .

°°°°°

He also has the potential to be a superstar, but there's no way you can say after 4 league games, where the team as a whole has performed poorly in attack, which way he's heading.

I didn't say which way he's heading. He hasn't set the premier league alight or even been particularly eye catching. Hopefully he's going to click into gear and do great things, but he certainly hasn't taken to it like a duck to water.
    I think he has great potential and I hope he becomes a club legend.

Just because I'm being slightly critical of him doesn't mean I think he's useless and won't achieve anything at the club. It's so easy to get rounded on here sometimes.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,676 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

jayo26 wrote: »
    They went more of a diamond formation moved aywei or whatever his name is more central.

I know. That's not my point.

That LVG doesn't know how to or doesn't think it necessary to counter it is worrying.

°°°°°

rebeve wrote: »
    Rooney will probably cost LVG his job. He wont survive with Rooney as main striker .

Nah, if Rooney's performances don't improve he will be gone next summer. LVG will drop him like a hot snot.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement