Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mayo or Dublin to win replay?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

yop wrote:
    And you can add Cooper and McMahon to that, the penalty for Dublin was outside the box, the point that Brogan got that wasn't. See how easy it is to analyse the other side too.

I agree yob. All I'll say on it is that Dublin fouled the man on the ball a lot. Mayo fouled the runners and the last player to play the ball it was not picked up. Most of the Dublin frees were given away in the Dublin half when Dublin were building

If you have time look at the 66th minute. There are two body checks from mayo players in as many minutes when dublin were trying to attack. The whole Connelly Keegan thing was the same, Keegan targeted Connelly and prevented him from joining the play.
    I'm not making excuses for some of our players behaviour but there is a serious gloss on the Mayo tactic of fouling behind the ref.

Neither team played by the rules . Coopers challenge was very bad alright, but at the same time ROC has 10 stitches and Connelly is suspended while Keegan plays on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,620 ✭✭✭Blackjack

Stoner wrote: »
    I agree yob. All I'll say on it is that Dublin fouled the man on the ball a lot. Mayo fouled the runners and the last player to play the ball it was not picked up. Most of the Dublin frees were given away in the Dublin half when Dublin were building

If you have time look at the 66th minute. There are two body checks from mayo players in as many minutes when dublin were trying to attack. The whole Connelly Keegan thing was the same, Keegan targeted Connelly and prevented him from joining the play.
    I'm not making excuses for some of our players behaviour but there is a serious gloss on the Mayo tactic of fouling behind the ref.

Neither team played by the rules . Coopers challenge was very bad alright, but at the same time ROC has 10 stitches and Connelly is suspended while Keegan plays on.

really didn't want to get into this but i can't let that go unchecked.
    Both teams were targeting runners and Dublin were equally guilty of this.

Check minute 41, Connolly keeps Diarmuid O'Connor on the ground, to prevent him getting involved in play.
    54 minutes and 55 seconds - Philly deliberately gets in the way of o'Sheas line to prevent him getting a tackle in, body checking him.
    59 minutes 40 seconds. and I think it's Bastic (not sure) has no intention of going for ball and runs into Seamie o'Shea to block him (American football style) from getting towards the play.

As I said - both teams were at this and on 67 minutes freeman collides with a Dublin player immediately after the Dublin player plays the ball away. In the same passage of play only a few seconds later, Kevin McLoughlin does the same thing.

they're the incidents I noted, no doubt there were more, but neither side can claim to be innocent on this score.

Overall I was pretty disappointed how the game turned out as I was hoping to see more football but there was little of that on show yesterday.

Advertisement