Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not going to UCD

Options
  • 30-08-2015 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I accepted my place for a course in UCD through CAO two weeks ago. After a lot of thought I decided to repeat my Leaving Cert. Who do I contact to let them know that I wont be taking up my place in the coming weeks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

One of the program offices in UCD. Which subject were you going to do as there are a number of schools? If you haven't registered for anything it will probably be straightforward, but if you have make sure you complete and sign the Official Withdrawal Form so your fees aren't affected in the future. Some info on it here

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Savvy student

Maldesu wrote: »
    One of the program offices in UCD. Which subject were you going to do as there are a number of schools? If you haven't registered for anything it will probably be straightforward, but if you have make sure you complete and sign the Official Withdrawal Form so your fees aren't affected in the future. Some info on it

I just accepted though CAO, I didn't sign any forms or register online. Does this mean I have to complete a withdrawal form?

I just accepted though CAO, I didn't sign any forms or register online. Does this mean I have to complete a withdrawal form?

Because you haven't registered with them it is less likely, but definitely something you should get confirmed and maybe even fill out to just cover yourself. Not withdrawing from a course properly can have you liable for full fees at a later date

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Savvy student

Where would I get a withdrawal form as I don't live close to Dublin (3 hours by train)?

Talk to UCD about it. They'll provide you with it

• Advertisement
Advertisement