Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

win 8.1 not activating

Options
  • 30-08-2015 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

hi guys, I built my pc,bought windows key of mr jeffy on reddit,everything worked perfect. I had to reinstall windows though,and when i put key in on windows installation it accepts it,but when i go to update to windows 10,it says win not activated.When i insert key,it say key invalid.What confuses me is when i installed windows first time i had no issues and it updated to win 10.can any1 shine any light on this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You don't insert the key for the upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭remydegreat

when i upgrade,it say windows is not activated on this machine,it prompts me to put key in,when i put key in it say key is invalid.This i my 2nd install of windows,when i did it 1st,it upgraded with no issues. Im just guessing its a doggy key from reddit

heres screenshot

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

Same thing happened to me get back on to the seller and ask for a new key.

laneooo wrote: »
    Same thing happened to me get back on to the seller and ask for a new key.
    moderator said he removed as seller,and he hasnt been on for days,so 20 euro down thevdrain lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭laneooo

ohh bad luck i got my key from a moderator on reddit just to be safe one guy asked me to send money through 2checkout so just have a look out only pay by paypal.

Advertisement