Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audacity of three

Options
  • 30-08-2015 7:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Coming out of contract with three next month and am on the €40.66 contract. So I received a phone call from three on Friday asking me did I want to sign up for another 12 months at the same rate!!!!! She did say they would give me 2 months free. I think they have some neck trying to trick me into another contract.

I'm definitely going to leave them now as I was considering just going with a sim only plan. Is this a regular thing they do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

don't take it personally and just go on the sim only plan, it's a good deal for 20 euro a month

• Registered Users Posts: 12,840 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

How are they tricking you? They rang you to "ask" you did you want another 12 month contract. You could simply have said no.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭hi_im_fil

I'm struggling to see what three have done wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

rraido wrote: »
    Coming out of contract with three next month and am on the €40.66 contract. So I received a phone call from three on Friday asking me did I want to sign up for another 12 months at the same rate!!!!! She did say they would give me 2 months free. I think they have some neck trying to trick me into another contract.

I'm definitely going to leave them now as I was considering just going with a sim only plan. Is this a regular thing they do?

Where is the trick?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

How did she try to trick you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 46 rraido

I was paying €40.66 pm for 2 years to pay off a handset as well as pay for a plan. Now they want me to pay the same again for another 12 months when I can get the exact same plan for €25 pm!! She never mentioned this to me in the call. When I brought it up with her she couldn't get off the phone quick enough and nearly hung up on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

just go on the 20 a month unlimited internet, unlimited 3 to 3 calls, unlimited calls to all networks at the weekends and unlimited texts all the time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Trick ok....:pac:let us know if they have a treat afterwards cause i see no trick

• Registered Users Posts: 46 rraido

Would you be willing to pay e40 a month and get locked into a 12 month contract when u can get the same thing for e25 a month on a monthly contract? They could have rang me up to offer the contract free/monthly options but all she could talk about was a 12 month contract with no handset upgrade for the same price as I currently pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

Would you be willing to pay e40 a month and get locked into a 12 month contract when u can get the same thing for e25 a month on a monthly contract? They could have rang me up to offer the contract free/monthly options but all she could talk about was a 12 month contract with no handset upgrade for the same price as I currently pay.

They rang and told you what they where offering you either say yes or no.. Or listen to whats been said above with other offers,if i was you i would bargain them some more and see what you get... After that they did nothing wrong apart from cold calling i guess which again is another issue for another day..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

OP go back to Joe Duffy.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Bit harsh lads.

When I worked for Vodafone (years ago) we were always told to offer the punter the most suitable plan for them, even if that meant less money for Voda.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭DopeTech

fleet wrote: »
    Bit harsh lads.

When I worked for Vodafone (years ago) we were always told to offer the punter the most suitable plan for them, even if that meant less money for Voda.

Really?!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 gusman1859

Hi,
    I am looking to change mobile phone to get better mobile reception.(currently with 3)
    Could anyone recommend any network for rural Cavan – Crossdoney area?
    Also looking for a network that has good coverage on the Mullingar to Dublin rail line with 3g/4g if possible?

King Regards
    Gus

• Registered Users Posts: 8,714 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

fleet wrote: »
    Bit harsh lads.

I think you were given the opposite information and misunderstood? How many days did you last in that job?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

Whether it can be called a trick or sharp practice, or anything else, it does seem strange that 3 were willing to sign the OP up for another 12 months with no new phone, when he could have had it on a monthly basis for €20. Luckily he knew this, so didn't sign up, but how many others would have.

This kind of thing seems to be common - I was paying 3 around €40/month on an 18 month contract with an iPhone 5s, but when the contract expired, I couldn't find a 3 monthly contract for much less than €40 (from this thread, I see that there is one, but I couldn't find it on their site). I'm a light user (wi-fi at work and home, personal calls/texts only) so I wasn't using much of the allowances - I checked with iD, and they have a SIM-only monthly deal with 100 minutes, 100 texts and 500MB on 4G (more than enough for my usage patterns) for €12/month, so I finished porting out today.

Advertisement