Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest Cam

Options
  • 30-08-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

Anyone have any experience with a Nest cam?

Looking to install one over my front door inside the glass looking out to monitor my front drive?

Will they work looking through glass at night? Will have a security light up operating when it detects movement

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭knockon

pclive wrote: »
    Anyone have any experience with a Nest cam?

Looking to install one over my front door inside the glass looking out to monitor my front drive?

Will they work looking through glass at night? Will have a security light up operating when it detects movement

I brought and installed one 3 weeks ago. Inside glass looking out on front drive. I turned off the status light and night vision as I have motion activated lights. The result is outstanding. Excellent quality and easy to use app on iPhone. I have an introductory 30 days where I have storage in some Cloud. After that its 10 euro a month for 10 days storage. Very happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭pclive

Thank you Knockon for the feedback

Anyone else got any other experiences with one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NetSquirrel

I have two, both inside looking out on my front and back gardens. Initially I had a few issues with motion detection notifications in the user-defined zones (you can set up specific activity zones like front door, back gate, etc) but Nest customer support were very helpful and it's now working fine. As knockon says, it's best to turn off night vision and the status light as they reflect on the glass but if you have exterior lighting the picture quality will be pretty good after dark. Nest replaced my old and janky Foscam cameras and for user-friendliness, picture quality and ease of setup and monitoring it wins hands-down. I'm still on the free trial (it was extended due to the notification issues) but I'll probably pay for the 10 days cloud storage after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 EdisonEdison

I also have one, think it's better than i bought before....
    Very nice...See in the dark , have a night vision. It work looking through glass at night...Happy use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

Is anyone having issues with the notifications? I have a nest thermostat and nest protect and was interested in the nest cam for similar reason to the original poster. I had heard that movement notifications are only sent once every 30 mins. Is that still the case? I would also like the ability to turn off notifications if i'm in the house does it link in with other nest products to determine if you are home or not?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭jones

I stumbled onto this thread again. I guess thats a no so :-)

Advertisement