Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Streaming services

Options
  • 30-08-2015 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Any advice on which service I'm better off using, as in Spotify, Google Play, etc?

I want "radios" based on favourites or styles. Google Play seems to be doing a decent job. A first try with Spotify did not hit my taste as much as Google Play but that might be a coincidence?

I can probably have Spotify for 6 Euro/mo as I have a Vodafone contract out there (that is, if they let me use a mobile broadband contract for this). Others are more like 10. If there is no difference this might be the decider.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinmgp

This is a legendary FREE site. mp3 - juices . com
    Sorry, New user. I have to do the spaces

• Registered Users Posts: 27 robinmgp

This is a legendary FREE site. mp3 - juices . com
    Sorry, New user. I have to do the spaces.
    EDIT: It has no radio-like API. Sorry mate :(

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Cosmicfox

I think spotify is quite good.

I've found loads of new stuff with the 'Discover weekly' section

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭MichaelR

I have actually picked google. For some reason, its radios tend to hit my wishes much more closely than Spotify ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Cosmicfox wrote: »
    I think spotify is quite good.

I've found loads of new stuff with the 'Discover weekly' section

Second this - the "Discover Weekly" playlist is surprisingly good.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I use Deezer, I find the "Flow" feature works really well once you have you favurite artists set up.

Advertisement