Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joe Brolly appreciation trend.

• 30-08-2015 10:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Lets have a dicsussion about RTE''s chief GAA pundit and share your favorite moments about him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

I absolutely hate him and the sooner him and O'Rourke are off the TV and newspapers for good the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭mikedoherty99

He's annoying

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭degsie

He's a bit twitchy and irritable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

"tell the kids to play tennis" that was a fantastic rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 reddevils10

yeah he is from derry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Miccoli

The best in the business

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Back in 2011, I was walking up Clonliffe Rd, about an hour after Dublin bate Kerry in the AI final. I saw Joe Brolly up ahead walking towards me. Just before we passed each other, I saw 4 lads having a piss up against a parked car. As they were zipping themselves back up, they caught sight of Joe, surrounded him with glee and insisted that he shake their hands.

He politely demurred - considering what they had just been doing in plain view - but they were quite insistent. So he gave in, shook their hands and gave them all a hearty "what about ye boys." He also got a nice ruffle of the hair for his trouble. Cue much hilarity all around.

Fair play to him. I would have told them to fcuk off !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Back in 2011, I was walking up Clonliffe Rd, about an hour after Dublin bate Kerry in the AI final. I saw Joe Brolly up ahead walking towards me. Just before we passed each other, I saw 4 lads having a piss up against a parked car. As they were zipping themselves back up, they caught sight of Joe, surrounded him with glee and insisted that he shake their hands.

He politely demurred - considering what they had just been doing in plain view - but they were quite insistent. So he gave in, shook their hands and gave them all a hearty "what about ye boys." He also got a nice ruffle of the hair for his trouble. Cue much hilarity all around. Fair play to him. I would have told them to fcuk off !

Phew.

I thought that story was going in a different direction for a second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

If he would only speak when he's spoken to , and stop interrupting the other panelists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭alan partridge aha

His comment about Marty Morr was tough but was funny.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Like Eamon Dunphy and George Hook, he does make some good points, but his melodramatic and blunt manner of speaking is what winds people up, I think he's fine in small doses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Phew.

I thought that story was going in a different direction for a second.

Thanks. I really needed a good laugh after the day I've had. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

Would be a good pundit if it didn't take him so long to make his point, and his constant interrupting of the other pundits.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Is there not a thread for this already?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

Irritating but still better than most. Called the Tyrone v Kerry match spot on beforehand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

If he would only speak when he's spoken to , and stop interrupting the other panelists.

Its the out of placeness that I actually like about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Jippo

He stole candy from me when I was a baby #neverforget

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 652 ✭✭✭DanielODonnell

He was a great player for Derry but there isn't much online footage for young people to view so they just assume he is some fool who doesn't know what he is talking about.

Here is one of his goals

https://youtu.be/MoAdjKvP4Po?t=1m20s

He's a weird mixture of intelligence, childishness and bitchiness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Paulzx

At times he infuriates me with his mannerisms and belligerence. But this is what I actually like about him.

Yes he interrupts............but this is what we all do discussing matches with our mates in the pub.

Yes he says mad things............but someone in any of our discussions with our mates always says something off the wall

I love the manic look in his eyes when he gets passionate about something and refuses to let the other panelists browbeat him into silence. He's articulate, knowledgeable and passionate.

I don't have to agree with him all the time to like him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

Incapable of making a point in a reasoned tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I like him, don't always agree with what he says but he gets his point across much better than PS or COR , Eamonn dunphy of GAA .this is what he wrote at the start of his column in the SI today, deadly.

As soon as the director said, "And we're out" in the studio yesterday, the three of us reached for the laptops to write today's pieces. "I'll race you" I said to Pat Spillane. "I seriously doubt it," he said. "I wrote the first three quarters of mine yesterday." Which tells you all you need to know about The Sunday World.

Advertisement