Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maintenance

Options
  • 30-08-2015 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all, really need advice on this... My ex partner & I split up 8 months ago, we have two children together and he's not contributing a penny towards them since we split. I've given him every opportunity to see his kids but he just just doesn't seem interested in that or maintaining them. I've tried to get him to go to mediation but the letters that were sent to him were returned to the mediation place saying "not known at that address" although I knew he was living there. He works full time so I know he's not short of money, while me & the kids are struggling big time. My only option now is to go through the courts but he has since moved and refuses to tell me his address so I can't send him a court order. Anyone any idea on what to do now, how do I go about going to court, getting maintenance etc... Also he is not on my youngest child's birth cert (although he is the dad) but he's saying he wants proof that the kids are even his (they are !!) so I'm thinking if I do get him to court he will try everything to delay/avoid paying up for HIS children ! Any ideas anyone ? Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Gotta ask... Why did you post this in the Feedback forum? You've already posted successfully in the Broadband forum as well as the Cooking & Recipes forum, so you know that there are lots of different forums for lots of different things.

From the information you've provided, I don't think we can help you with this, because you're effectively asking for legal advice, and we don't dispense legal advice on this forum.

The best thing you could do now is get a lawyer. That's all the advice you're likely to receive on such specific issues.

-Shield.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JJX

Sorry i haven't posted in this in couple of years so don't really know how it works and couldn't find a category to suit so thought feedback was ok as I am looking for feedback. Sorry again I'll try remove my post & try somewhere else...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement