Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€600 S&F door, frame and architrave

Options
  • 30-08-2015 11:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

Was quoted approx. €600 for supply & fit of internal wooden door, frame and architrave. Have yet to get another price but how does this fare comparatively, the cost of the door is €230.

Need to get five doors so total cost would be €3k based on the above prices.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

Was quoted approx. €600 for supply & fit of internal wooden door, frame and architrave. Have yet to get another price but how does this fare comparatively, the cost of the door is €230.

Need to get five doors so total cost would be €3k based on the above prices.
    Door it self 230 + locks and handles + hinges + frame + architrave + work. all depends on spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Bonzo Delaney

Door it self 230 + locks and handles + hinges + frame + architrave + work. all depends on spec.

Totally depends on spec
    What type of frame , architrave.
    Does the orignal door have to be taken out disposed of
    Are the door ,frame and architrave off the shelf or joinery made
    Is there much patching , replastering work to be done
    It's all in the detail maybe a pic might help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Totally depends on spec
    What type of frame , architrave.
    Does the orignal door have to be taken out disposed of
    Are the door ,frame and architrave off the shelf or joinery made
    Is there much patching , replastering work to be done
    It's all in the detail maybe a pic might help

The existing door and frames are in pretty bad shape.

I'm not arguing the price just want to get an idea of the range as in lowest to more expensive. I understand doors can run into hundreds but I'd like to get something of good quality.

Also, I notice all the white internal doors have a veneer of mdf that are "ready to be painted". Is it possible to get solid wooden doors that are painted are ready to be hung?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 nmagee

Just had 11 doors recently installed in new build

Cost per door = £170 excluding VAT, painting myself

Frame & fixings £13
    Door oak lipping with particle board core 44mm thick 33" x 78" £75
    4" mdf primed architrave £14.10
    Door stop mdf primed 4" £6.30
    Infill tulip wood £7.30
    3" Latch £3.59
    Handle £8.66
    3" hinge x 3 £7.35

Labour per door £35

nmagee wrote: »

Frame & fixings £13
    Infill tulip wood £7.30
    3" Latch £3.59
    Handle £8.66
    3" hinge x 3 £7.35

Labour per door £35

So that's about €480 per door assuming the lower VAT rate of €13.5% and excluding the paint?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 nmagee

So that's about €480 per door assuming the lower VAT rate of €13.5% and excluding the paint?

Vat in north is 20% which is claimed back on materials as its a self build.Paint excluded.Door & hinges/handles/trim etc =£170 (see itemised breakdown of how figure was reached)
    Visit door showroom and get them to price individual items, then price a joiner to carryout work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Think I paid around €100 a door for hanging last year. May have been a bit cheaper than average I'd say.
    I got walnut doors, Bevause I wanted to never have to paint them! The plain ones were around €130, and the ones with glass panels were €230. It was €39 for handles/locks/hinges. Door saddles were a few euro, I can't remember. Door frames were around €40. Can't rememver re:architrave, but I know it wasn't too dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Frame & fixings £13
    Infill tulip wood £7.30
    3" Latch £3.59
    Handle £8.66
    3" hinge x 3 £7.35

Labour per door £35

Did you get the door and frame fitted for £ 35

[quote="Eliza Ambitious Stranger;

Also, I notice all the white internal doors have a veneer of mdf that are "ready to be painted". Is it possible to get solid wooden doors that are painted are ready to be hung?[/quote]

I don't think you will get solid painted doors.
    The closest you will get are solid doors that have a lacquer finish which could be painted

Vat in north is 20% which is claimed back on materials as its a self build.Paint excluded.Door & hinges/handles/trim etc =£170 (see itemised breakdown of how figure was reached)
    Visit door showroom and get them to price individual items, then price a joiner to carryout work.

Is there any decent suppliers in the north who would deliver to the south?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

recommendations by pm thanks
    Is there any decent suppliers in the north who would deliver to the south?

Standard door sizes in NI are metric, and 32 inch doors are not that easy to get and are usually 6'6" high not the usual 6'8", so be certain of your overall wall opening measurements before you order .

Advertisement