Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone else hate chicken?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I put foil over mine and take it off for the final half hour to get the skin crispy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

That may be your truth.
    Chicken with just salt and pepper, cooked right is so, so flavoursome. That crispy caramelised skin. That juice. Those bits of golden sediment. That moist juicy meat.
    Tastes of nothing????
    You're either buying really crap chickens, cooking them wrong, or just have a very crude palate.
    And adding salt & pepper would be seasoning, plus I said if you removed the skin. The meat itself does not have a much flavour, but a great (and yes, juicy) texture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

This is the only roast chicken recipe you'll ever need. Thomas Keller, three michelin star chef/owner of The French Laundry in Napa Valley, one of the best restaurants in the world explains why less is more.

No tin foil, no butter, no oil, no anything besides salt, pepper and a chicken. The key is tempering your meat, ie taking it out for the fridge for long enough for it to come to room temp before cooking, I usually leave it out for at least an hour before cooking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Billy86 wrote: »
    And adding salt & pepper would be seasoning, plus I said if you removed the skin. The meat itself does not have a much flavour, but a great (and yes, juicy) texture.

What meats do you usually cook without seasoning?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

What meats do you usually cook without seasoning?

My point is you can cook lamb, beef, many types of fish, pork, etc without seasoning and they have a far stronger independent flavour than chicken, though that also leads to them being less versatile as chicken is more readily able to take on the flavours of what it is cooked with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

anyone ever brine their chicken? What do you do and does it make a noticeable difference to flavour?

Advertisement