Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

bewleys coffee beans

• 31-08-2015 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭

hi lads im a coffee lover and have tried a few different coffees but nothing beats bewleys special reserve beans i contacted bewleys but its very hard to buy the beans from them do you gys know any beans that may have the same taste etc ?

Thanks ;)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Used to buy them when I started grinding my own last year from their shop in Blackrock. They have them for sale.....as much as you want.
    They were grand until I discovered "real beans" 😊.
    Have never bought Bewleys since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭flangemeistro

Planet X wrote: »
    Used to buy them when I started grinding my own last year from their shop in Blackrock. They have them for sale.....as much as you want.
    They were grand until I discovered "real beans" 😊.
    Have never bought Bewleys since.

Could you recommend some of these "real beans" please that are available outside of Dublin preferably, I'm going through the Badger & Dodo and 3fe variations at the moment.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭Planet X

Yep.......Badger & Dodo roast very good beans. That's where I buy mine now.
    Before I had a subscription with Bailies I Belfast.

Planet X wrote: »
    Yep.......Badger & Dodo roast very good beans. That's where I buy mine now.
    Before I had a subscription with Bailies I Belfast.

Ok cheers, i know everyone's tastes differ but what one do you prefer from what you've tried?
    They had a nice Colombian a few months back, i don't really fancy the Brazilian ipanema so i normally stick to the Blackwater blend myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grodge

Could you recommend some of these "real beans" please that are available outside of Dublin preferably, I'm going through the Badger & Dodo and 3fe variations at the moment.
    Thanks

Old job had 3 coffee shops across a few different sites (leisure centres). We used to get our coffee from Bewleys at the start and then changed to discountcoffee.ie

People love the coffee. We still keep the bewleys bags on display and everyone asks where to buy the bewleys stuff, and then are pestilently surprised when we tell them what the actual coffee is this - http://www.discountcoffee.ie/espresso-bar-coffee-beans-1kg

• Advertisement

grodge wrote: »
    Old job had 3 coffee shops across a few different sites (leisure centres). We used to get our coffee from Bewleys at the start and then changed to discountcoffee.ie

People love the coffee. We still keep the bewleys bags on display and everyone asks where to buy the bewleys stuff, and then are pestilently surprised when we tell them what the actual coffee is this - http://www.discountcoffee.ie/espresso-bar-coffee-beans-1kg
    Without sounding like a coffee snob, i don't buy beans anymore that don't have a roasted date on them.

Advertisement