Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rechecking for the principle of the thing?

• 31-08-2015 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

Hey, all

I got B2 in Biology and was delighted with that. The respiration question was a nightmare so couldn't believe my work had paid off and I had actually done well. For curiosity's sake I looked at my paper on Friday. Turns out I was only 1% away from a B1. However, I lost marks on a question where I know my answers were right. I actually have a Psychology degree and we did lab experiments every week, so I know exactly what a feckin' control group is and why you isolate your variables etc. Yet the examiner marked those answers as 0. I know they were right as such things were beat into us during my degree. However, my work has paid off and I've gotten into the masters I wanted to do. So I'd really only be appealing for the principle of the thing. It's really bothering me though as I know I'm right. Yet money is tight now that I'm going back to college as a mature student so it seems a bit mad to spend 40 on this. Would welcome opinions. It's bugging me. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,323 ✭✭✭✭endacl

You're a mature student? You have a degree, and are applying for a Masters?

And you did LC biology........ why...... exactly???

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Galbin

endacl wrote: »
    You're a mature student? You have a degree, and are applying for a Masters?

And you did LC biology........ why...... exactly???

:confused:

Exploring my options. Many courses require a LC science subject - no matter what you did your degree in. I'm very glad I did it. It will be very useful for the masters I got into.

Has anyone got any opinions on this? I need to decide within the next few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

As far as I know, the €40 is refunded if you do end up going up a grade?

I was in a similar position with Music, where I got a B1 but on viewing the paper, really should have gotten the A2. In hindsight I wish I'd gotten it rechecked, I didn't need the points but I really feckin worked for that A!

Well I've sent the form in now. Fingers crossed and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Galbin wrote: »
    Has anyone got any opinions on this? I need to decide within the next few hours.

Were the answers you reckon were correct allowed for those questions in the marking scheme? That's the bottom line really.

Advertisement