Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSO overcharge refund

Options
  • 31-08-2015 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

hi,

If you were a customer of electric Ireland between 2005-2013 and were overcharged for th PSO levy, but have since left Electric Ireland for another provider, how will you be refunded the overcharge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

How will this over charge be refunded to customers not with electric ireland now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi on_my_oe,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Customers that previously had accounts with us and are now with another supplier will receive the rebate through the reduced PSO Levy charge on bills in 2015/16 (over a 12 month period).

Please ask if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Hi on_my_oe,

Thank you for getting in touch.

Customers that previously had accounts with us and are now with another supplier will receive the rebate through the reduced PSO Levy charge on bills in 2015/16 (over a 12 month period).

Please ask if you have any other questions.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Aoife

what happens with former customers who are no longer with any supplier ?

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭on_my_oe

Hi Aoife,

I've spoken to my current supplier and they advised I should receive a refund from Electric Ireland.

on_my_oe wrote: »
    Hi Aoife,

I've spoken to my current supplier and they advised I should receive a refund from Electric Ireland.
    I think Aoife has left the building

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi handlemaster,
    We are currently seeking clarification on this and as soon as we have an update we will let you know.

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    David

Hi on_my_oe,
    on_my_oe wrote:
    All customers, irrespective of their supplier, will automatically receive a refund of approximately €2 during the period October 2015 to September 2016 (this equates to approximately 33 cents per 2-monthly bill). There is further information on our blog here.

Regards,
    David

Hi handlemaster,

We are currently seeking clarification on this and as soon as we have an update we will let you know.

Thanks,
    David

Hi David

Have you gotten the answer ?

Hi David

Have you gotten the answer ?

Hi handlemaster,

Apologies for the delay. As soon as I have an answer I will let you know.

If you have any other questions in the meantime please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    David

Hi handlemaster,
    Originally posted by handlemaster

Thanks,
    David
    Hi handlemaster,

I received clarification on this this morning and can confirm that refunds for closed accounts will be given on request. So if you are currently in this position (with no active account or supplier) you would just need to contact us with the necessary details (i.e. your account number, name, address, contact number etc).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    David

• Advertisement

Hi handlemaster,
    Originally posted by handlemaster

Thanks,
    David
    Hi handlemaster,

I received clarification on this this morning and can confirm that refunds for closed accounts will be given on request. So if you are currently in this position (with no active account or supplier) you would just need to contact us with the necessary details (i.e. your account number, name, address, contact number etc).

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    David
    Hi David
    Thanks for that. Is the a cheque refund ?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

https://www.electricireland.ie/news-media/article/news/2015/08/31/pso-charge-refund
    Electric Ireland Over-Recovery

Electric Ireland asked the CER to clarify the calculation of the PSO charge in relation to renewable energy.  The CER issued a clarification of the rules to all supply companies  and it was identified that Electric Ireland has over-recovered €13m, including interest, related to the period 2008 to 2013.

The over-recovery over the last 5 year is approximately €2 per household.
    Do you want to check this?

1.7m households in the country multiplied by €2 is €3.4m, not €13m. Does the rest go to commercial customers?

http://www.cso.ie/quicktables/GetQuickTables.aspx?FileName=CNA33.asp&TableName=Number+of+private+households+and+persons+in+private+households+in+each+Province+,+County+and+City&StatisticalProduct=DB_CN

Hi David
    Thanks for that. Is the a cheque refund ?
    Hi handlemaster,

Yes, any such refunds would take the form of a cheque.
    Victor wrote:
    Do you want to check this?

1.7m households in the country multiplied by €2 is €3.4m, not €13m. Does the rest go to commercial customers?
    Hi Victor,

I am currently looking into this for you and will revert back with an update as soon as I have one.

Regards,
    David

is this for electrical supply only ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi handlemaster,

The PSO Levy is only applied to electricity bills, so the rebate is for the electrical supply only.

If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

Advertisement