Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of carpentry work on stairs?

Options
  • 31-08-2015 10:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

HI all,

Does anybody have a rough idea of cost of getting something like this done on stairs? Its a regular 4 bed semi with carpeted stairs at present. I presume whats underneath the carpet is not a good wood that could be brought back to life but open to any advice? Regular no. of stairs (around 13 I think). I love the look of this but dont want to get a carpenter out to assess and then be told it is well over what Id be willing to pay.

I presume it is a carpenter thats needed and not just a carpet fitter?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

A carpenter or someone who sands and finishes floors is what you need , is the stairs all timber or timber and mdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭meme74

A carpenter or someone who sands and finishes floors is what you need , is the stairs all timber or timber and mdf

Timber and mdf

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

The stair steps are probably white deal, which could be sanded, stained and varnished, the risers are mdf they can be painted, 1 days work to get it ready for stain / varnish and paint

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭meme74

The stair steps are probably white deal, which could be sanded, stained and varnished, the risers are mdf they can be painted, 1 days work to get it ready for stain / varnish and paint

Thanks tabby that's good to know. Any idea of how much this would cost to get a carpenter out to do or do you hunk it's a possible diy job? I will admit I'm not exactly a dab hand at diy tho!

Advertisement